Windows 10: Black Screen after October 2020 Windows 10 update

Discus and support Black Screen after October 2020 Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I left my laptop overnight to install the rather large latest windows 10 update. This morning it appeared to be on a permanent frozen black screen. 6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LeonH5, Nov 17, 2020.

1. LeonH5 Win User

Black Screen after October 2020 Windows 10 update

I left my laptop overnight to install the rather large latest windows 10 update. This morning it appeared to be on a permanent frozen black screen. 6 hours later, it remained this way. Without powering down and then being without the update, how can I resolve this issue?

:)

LeonH5, Nov 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 October 2020 Update is now available

How to get the Windows 10 October 2020 update

How to get the Windows 10 October 2020 Update

What is new in Windows 10 October 2020 update

What’s new in the Windows 10 October 2020 Update

Windows 10 20H2 Release information and known issues

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-20h2

Current status as of October 20, 2020
    Windows 10, version 20H2 is available for users with devices running Windows 10, versions 1903 and higher who manually seek to “Check for updates” via Windows Update. The recommended servicing status is Semi-Annual Channel.

Note We are slowly throttling up availability over the coming weeks to ensure a reliable download experience. As a result, the update may not be offered to you right away.

Sumit - Insider MVP, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 October 2020 update

Hi Clayton,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

October 2020 update is in the last phase of testing as it was released last month to the Release preview channel. As far as the name goes, it should release this month.

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2020/...

Keep checking Home and the top of this forum for announcements.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Nov 17, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Black Screen after October 2020 Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Black Screen October

2. Dvd's not playing after windows 10 October 2020 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dvd's not playing after windows 10 October 2020 update: Hello. I've read a number of previous posts on this subject, but the issue remains unresolved. After the windows 10 update I am no longer able to play DVD's in my disc drive that played just fine prior to the update - CD's play just fine. I've performed every "fix" listed in...
  3. Windows 10 October 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 October 2020 update: Hey there ! Is windows 10 october update officially available? Where can I download the iso file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-2020-update/e3fa5a2a-1191-459d-9184-1cf8d421f835
  4. Windows Update October 2020

Windows Update October 2020: After I downloaded the update , I restarted my laptop and when I went to settings again it shows that attention needed and after going to update and security it just shows please wait and shows nothing The screen shot of the following is provided below :-[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  5. October 2020 Windows update caused all videos to be a black screen

October 2020 Windows update caused all videos to be a black screen: Since the Oct 2020 Windows update I can no longer see video on my laptop I can hear but see only a black screen. I can't watch YouTube videos, Xfinity TV channels, my Zoom connection blacks in and out. Also the Outlook preview of e-mails blacks in and out. Ach!!...
  6. Windows 10 October 2020 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 October 2020 Update: I have heard that Microsoft has released an October a.k.a 20H2 Update. I have checked for updates many times in Settings. But, it is showing that Windows is up to date. Please help... My latest build no. is 19041.572. So, is the update already installed ?...
  7. Windows October 2020 Update

Windows October 2020 Update: Running this updated deleted files on my D drive. How can I get them back!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-october-2020-update/08ad7556-4456-4735-9c13-ae31942e24fd
  8. Windows 10 October 2020 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 October 2020 update: Hi Theres rumors saying that Microsoft could release the October 2020 update in the next few days. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-2020-update/021a779d-9d81-4cde-8170-d4ed6b1d9337
  9. Black Screen after October Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen after October Update: Hello, I started the new Windows 10 Update today when rebooting and it took much time so I left the room. After coming back I saw that its black screen and not the update screen anymore. It didnt even react on any mouse or keyboard interaction. The pc is on for 2 hours...
  10. Black screen after March 2020 update

Black screen after March 2020 update: My computer was beinf sluggish, tthen i noticed there was an uodate waiting, so I did an "update & restart". After restart, it asked me to sign up fir Microsoft settings as though I was a new customer and offered a spot to put in a Windows Key, or "skip for now". This is a...