Windows 10: Black screen after pressing buttons on lock screen

Discus and support Black screen after pressing buttons on lock screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So one day i opened my pc and i get greeted with my passcode i open it then it turns black. I turn off my pc and turned it on this time it was black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HalotiC, Feb 8, 2019.

1. HalotiC Win User

Black screen after pressing buttons on lock screen

So one day i opened my pc and i get greeted with my passcode i open it then it turns black. I turn off my pc and turned it on this time it was black with a cursor. I waited then it turned normal again and if i try to press anything it turns black. Help???

:)

HalotiC, Feb 8, 2019

2. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Black Lock Screen

Hi Eugen,

As you have already tried to update the driver and changed the settings, I suggest you perform a startup repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 8, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Black screen after pressing buttons on lock screen - Similar Threads - Black screen pressing

2. Lock screen loop on button press

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen loop on button press: One day I turned on a Windows 11 laptop and it was able to boot normally and display the lock screen.The problem is, in the lock screen when I press a button, it will not display the enter password prompt and instead loops back to the initial lock screen with the clock and...
  3. Lock screen loop on button press

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen loop on button press: One day I turned on a Windows 11 laptop and it was able to boot normally and display the lock screen.The problem is, in the lock screen when I press a button, it will not display the enter password prompt and instead loops back to the initial lock screen with the clock and...
  4. Black screen when pressing Windows button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when pressing Windows button: My screen goes black when I press the Windows button. After a short moment, it comes back, with Start Menu in view. Then, when I move the mouse, it goes black again, then comes back. When I close the Start Menu, everything is OK. What is causing this and how might I fix it?...
  5. Black screen when pressing Windows button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when pressing Windows button: My screen goes black when I press the Windows button. After a short moment, it comes back, with Start Menu in view. Then, when I move the mouse, it goes black again, then comes back. When I close the Start Menu, everything is OK. What is causing this and how might I fix it?...
  6. Black screen when pressing Windows button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Black screen after lock screen

Black screen after lock screen: I have been running Windows 10 from the beginning. I have the latest update 1803 on my PC x64.I switch on my PC. I get the lock screen where I put in my pin number, it goes blue with "wait a minute" then goes black. I can get the task manager using ctrl-alt-delete. Sometimes...
  8. Stuck at Windows Sign In Screen (Black screen with cursor after pressing a button)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at Windows Sign In Screen (Black screen with cursor after pressing a button): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/aaaverr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/itrjaz/stuck_at_windows_sign_in_screen_black_screen_with/
  9. Black screen after lock screen

Black screen after lock screen: Turn on computer and the lock screen appears random photos with trivia. Any mouse click brings up a black screen with the mouse pointer, nothing else displayed. The mouse pointer moves with the mouse, but the login screen never appears. Tried ctrl-alt-del and...
  10. Flashing black screen after pressing power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Flashing black screen after pressing power button: Hi all, I have been facing this issue for a while now, which is everytime after I shutdown my laptop and powering it on after about 10 seconds or restarting it, the display would immediately show a flashing black screen and with the hard drive light flashing non-stop. The...