Windows 10: Black Screen after Reboot

Discus and support Black Screen after Reboot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently reformatted windows 10 on my dell latitude 5590, after my company gave me my laptop. Everything seemed to go smoothly, got all drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ASmith81, Aug 8, 2020.

1. ASmith81 Win User

Black Screen after Reboot

I recently reformatted windows 10 on my dell latitude 5590, after my company gave me my laptop. Everything seemed to go smoothly, got all drivers updated and personal softwares reinstalled. Ever since I've had ONE issue only and have never experienced before. I've researched and tried just about everything for almost 2 months now to no avail. I have the laptop connected to a Dell Universal Dock D6000 USB-C which I've used for about 4 years now, and have 2 Dell P2314H Monitors connected via HDMI. This setup has always worked fine until now. The issue is when I reboot the laptop through the Windows start menu, with the laptop lid closed and displaying to monitors, the monitor screens stay in a sleep mode and when I open the laptop the screen remains black after rebooting, no mouse cursor, and no other way to get things up and running. The keyboard and power lights will come back on, but no power goes to the dock or accessories plugged in to it and the screen just stays black. I have to manually power down with the power button, then power back on and things resume working. When I reboot with the laptop open, everything comes back on just fine. I've tried all the tricks with power configs, device manager, yada yada yada.

:)

ASmith81, Aug 8, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Aug 8, 2020
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Black Screen after Reboot - Similar Threads - Black Screen Reboot

2. Windows reboots randomly after black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reboots randomly after black screen: My pc just been restarting randomly while playing. It does not display any BSOD or creates any minidump. Im dont know if it might be a PSU or GPU related problem and i have no idea how to correctly read the event viewer. This only happens when playing games like Fortnite,...
  3. Windows reboots randomly after black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows reboots randomly after black screen: My pc just been restarting randomly while playing. It does not display any BSOD or creates any minidump. Im dont know if it might be a PSU or GPU related problem and i have no idea how to correctly read the event viewer. This only happens when playing games like Fortnite,...
  4. Microsoft Updates - Black screen after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Updates - Black screen after reboot: Hello,When Microsoft updates are applied to some of my worksations Win 10 / Win 11 upon rebootthe monitor does not show any progression for the updates.It stays black as if the machine is powered off.A lot of my users are very impatient and want to start unplugging power and...
  5. Windows 10 black screen after reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 black screen after reboot.: We have over 10 users reporting systems displaying black screens, but nothing else. This is being isolated to our group of HP machines: HP HP ProDesk 400 G4 SFF Business PCWindows Version: Microsoft Corporation, Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19043 en-USThe machine will reach...
  6. Windows 10 black screen after reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen after reboot.: We have over 10 users reporting systems displaying black screens, but nothing else. This is being isolated to our group of HP machines: HP HP ProDesk 400 G4 SFF Business PCWindows Version: Microsoft Corporation, Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19043 en-USThe machine will reach...
  7. Screen go black after reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen go black after reboot: I have a reoccurring problem of which I cannot figure out the cause. When I reboot my PC and click on a browser Firefox, Google Chrome, Edge or open an app, they open and then freezes a few seconds--then goes black for about 10 to 13 seconds. After that I can click on...
  8. Black screen after reboot into safe mode

Black screen after reboot into safe mode: Whilst preparing to upgrade my motherboard, CPU, RAM and GPU, I decided to put my PC into safe mode before uninstalling my old GPU drivers switching from nVidia to AMD, didn't want to risk any conflicts. Went into config and selected reboot in safe mode, and clicked restart...
  9. Black screen on reboot

Black screen on reboot: I worked normally on my PC this morning, then turned it off during the 1 hour train ride to work, where I tried to turn it on again. The Only responde I got was a Black screen requesting a password. I have tried every option I can think of, to no result. Can anyone help?...
  10. Reboots after logo then black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reboots after logo then black screen: My basic specs: CPU - 5960X MOBO: ASUS Rampage V Extreme GPU: GTX 980 I turn my computer on, see the BIOS just fine, it shows the Windows 10 logo, then a black screen. If I move my mouse around, I see the cursor. After nearly 30 seconds (i'm guessing), my computer...