Windows 10: Black screen after restarting for disk cleanup

Discus and support Black screen after restarting for disk cleanup in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So my pc has been having some problems lately and I googled what to do for them and one of the recommendations was to run risk cleanup. I went on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by lakishbb, Jun 23, 2022.

1. lakishbb Win User

Black screen after restarting for disk cleanup

So my pc has been having some problems lately and I googled what to do for them and one of the recommendations was to run risk cleanup. I went on my computer selected the drive C: and clicked to restart and do it. It’s been 4 hours and all it is is a loading circle in my monitor and the cursorI’ve unplugged all usbs except kb+m. I gonna leave it overnight but i’m afraid i’m gonna wake up to the same view. What should I do?Should it be talking this long considering my drive is 256Gb 7200rpm?

:)

lakishbb, Jun 23, 2022

2. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 23, 2022
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    disk cleanup

Hi joysoder, to properly and safely delete any files not required by your system, run Disk Cleanup twice as explained below. Each time select everything in the list and delete them. Disk Cleanup will not suggest deleting anything that is not safe to delete
    . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

DaveM121, Jun 23, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Files in disk cleanup

Hi Lynne

Rest assured, it is totally safe to delete everything suggested by the Disk Cleanup Process, please tun the Disk Cleanup twice as explained below, please remember to untick your Downloads folder if you actually store files in that folder . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Start Disk Cleanup again

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

DaveM121, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Black screen after restarting for disk cleanup - Similar Threads - Black screen restarting

2. Black screen after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after restart: When I was resetting the laptop after the reset was completed then at installation there was a request to restart the laptop and there's one issue earlier with the laptop that once it goes for power off while restarting it does not starts on its own is just shows black screen...
  3. Black screen after c drive cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after c drive cleanup: Hcl all in one pc issue...black screenHello, please help me i recently got an hcl all in one pc from my friend for watching movies and stuff. The pc was running on windows 7 and i updated it to windows 10...afterwards i tried cleaning the c drive to get more space which i...
  4. Black screen after c drive cleanup

Black screen after c drive cleanup: Hcl all in one pc issue...black screenHello, please help me i recently got an hcl all in one pc from my friend for watching movies and stuff. The pc was running on windows 7 and i updated it to windows 10...afterwards i tried cleaning the c drive to get more space which i...
  5. Black screen after c drive cleanup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Black screen after restarting for disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Black screen after restarting for disk cleanup: So my pc has been having some problems lately and I googled what to do for them and one of the recommendations was to run risk cleanup. I went on my computer selected the drive C: and clicked to restart and do it. It’s been 4 hours and all it is is a loading circle in my...
  7. Black screen after restarting for disk cleanup

Black screen after restarting for disk cleanup: So my pc has been having some problems lately and I googled what to do for them and one of the recommendations was to run risk cleanup. I went on my computer selected the drive C: and clicked to restart and do it. It’s been 4 hours and all it is is a loading circle in my...
  8. Black screen after restart

Black screen after restart: My computer was recently updated a few days ago. It was working as it would until yesterday. It powers on but a black screen appears and the keyboard is frozen. The only key working is the power button. I have tried many things with no success. Any help is much appreciated....
  9. Black Screen after Disc Cleanup - HELP!!!!

Black Screen after Disc Cleanup - HELP!!!!: I did a disc cleanup the way I always have and after that programs weren't loading correctly so I tried to restart and for an hour it said restarting with the circles going around. I shut everything down and waited about a half an hour, now when I turn the pc on, all i get is...
  10. Black screen after RESTART.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after RESTART.: Hello, I have made a complete, fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on HP 6300 Microtower. During the installation process, Windows 10 restarted and... I saw black screen for quite a long time. So I held POWER button for 5 seconds, PC turned off... Turned it on again...