Windows 10: Black screen after restarting for safe mode

Discus and support Black screen after restarting for safe mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am getting black screen with underscrorenot blinking after restarting for booting into safe mode. I turn on safe mode through run->msconfig. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Al-amin5, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Al-amin5 Win User

Black screen after restarting for safe mode

I am getting black screen with underscrorenot blinking after restarting for booting into safe mode.

I turn on safe mode through run->msconfig.

But after clicking on the restart button i am getting black screen with underscore even that boot up window is not showing.i can not get into the advanced mode also .

So can anyone tell me how can i turn off safe mode?

:)

Al-amin5, Aug 17, 2020

2. Black Screen in Safe Mode only!

I am having trouble getting into safe mode, after I type my password, I get a black screen with nothing on it, the screen is lit up but black. It works in normal mode just not Safe Mode, I Googled 'Windows 10 Safe Mode black screen' but only results show telling you to go into Safe Mode to fix the problem, there is nothing regarding this problem in safe mode alone. This is a Windows tablet so removing cables, uninstalling/reinstalling or trying a new video card is not possible here. Tweaking.com told me to restart into Safe Mode to use the application and now I am stuck, the program will not clear the safe mode flag from the boot until I run the program which I cannot because of this issue.

Ornithophilia, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Black screen after restarting for safe mode

Black screen in Safe Mode

Hello,

I'm using Windows 10.

I wanted to go to Safe Mode to solve some issues with Discord. I did so by pressing Restart while holding the Shift Key.

The description says I should see a list with startup options.

Instead, the screen is black and the monitor receives no data.

After that I restarted the computer and saw the regular login screen.

Then, out of frustration, I tried the option to refresh Windows (reinstall while keeping my documents).

But again I have a black screen.

Again I restarted the computer and saw the regular login screen.

Dalendrion, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Black screen after restarting for safe mode

1. Black screen after restarting for safe mode - Similar Threads - Black screen restarting

2. Restarted in Safe mode. Screen is now completely black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarted in Safe mode. Screen is now completely black: I had a problem with uninstalling a program from my pc and some website recommended that i put my computer into safe mode in order to uninstall the program. I went into MSCONFIG and turned on minimal something, restarted my computer but now the screen is black and wont turn...
  3. Restarted in Safe mode. Screen is now completely black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restarted in Safe mode. Screen is now completely black: I had a problem with uninstalling a program from my pc and some website recommended that i put my computer into safe mode in order to uninstall the program. I went into MSCONFIG and turned on minimal something, restarted my computer but now the screen is black and wont turn...
  4. Black screen in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen in safe mode.: Hello everyone, I tried to reset my PC thru the settings, and I got the message 'The ProfSvc service failed to sign-in/User profile cannot be loaded' when I tried to log in to my PC after the reset. Then I tried to boot it into safe mode, but I got a black screen. After that,...
  5. Black screen in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen in safe mode.: Hello everyone, I tried to reset my PC thru the settings, and I got the message 'The ProfSvc service failed to sign-in/User profile cannot be loaded' when I tried to log in to my PC after the reset. Then I tried to boot it into safe mode, but I got a black screen. After that,...
  6. Black Screen after login, Safe mode unresponsive, stuck restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after login, Safe mode unresponsive, stuck restarting: Hi there,Hopefully someone can help me.My laptop is completely inaccessible at the moment. I had a black screen after login happens sometimes, I usually restart and its fine - but not today. To fix this I try launching in safe mode following advice from other discussions on...
  7. Black Screen after login, Safe mode unresponsive, stuck restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen after login, Safe mode unresponsive, stuck restarting: Hi there,Hopefully someone can help me.My laptop is completely inaccessible at the moment. I had a black screen after login happens sometimes, I usually restart and its fine - but not today. To fix this I try launching in safe mode following advice from other discussions on...
  8. Black screen after reboot into safe mode

Black screen after reboot into safe mode: Whilst preparing to upgrade my motherboard, CPU, RAM and GPU, I decided to put my PC into safe mode before uninstalling my old GPU drivers switching from nVidia to AMD, didn't want to risk any conflicts. Went into config and selected reboot in safe mode, and clicked restart...
  9. Black screen in Safe Mode

Black screen in Safe Mode: Hello, I'm using Windows 10. I wanted to go to Safe Mode to solve some issues with Discord. I did so by pressing Restart while holding the Shift Key. The description says I should see a list with startup options. Instead, the screen is black and the monitor receives no...
  10. safe mode black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    safe mode black screen: Check your nearby greenback store, craft shop or garden center for little, decorative rocks to scatter on tables. It is apparent that the 104 LED cord on a waist higher shrub will lose the shrub in the midst of the lights. As we move towards a greener environment, the...