Windows 10: Black screen after shutting down laptop while reverting drivers

Discus and support Black screen after shutting down laptop while reverting drivers in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello! I bought an Asus laptop a little over year ago. I have had some driver issues with it right from the get go. Didn't kinda realize when to update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by MrArska, Oct 15, 2018.

1. MrArska Win User

Black screen after shutting down laptop while reverting drivers

Hello!
    I bought an Asus laptop a little over year ago. I have had some driver issues with it right from the get go. Didn't kinda realize when to update drivers and when not to update them so I installed a driver which the laptop suggested and then the laptop didn't recognize my GPU at all and then I had to find a driver which worked manually. I managed to solve it back then, but just recently the problem has occurred again with driver just uninstalling itself after working for a while (a day or so). It has done that in the past also, usually after Windows updates. I remember solving the automatic uninstallation problem back then by installing some little different driver which didn't work right away, but after I did a troubleshoot via Windows device manager.
    So today I installed AMD's software recognition thingie and it suggested me to install a driver that came out in May I think. Well I installed it but it didn't work so I tried to revert it using the Window's device manager. However, after I pressed revert driver button the screen went to black. After a while I pressed the power button since there was nothing in my knowledge that I could've done and I had waited some time already. After that I rebooted the laptop but I only got an ASUS logo and then nothing after that, although the laptop is on.
    My GPU is Radeon 460 (Polaris 11)
    Windows 10 64 bit
    AMD Quad Core FX-9830P
    Laptop model: ASUS FX550IU-DM070T

Thank you in advance.

:)

MrArska, Oct 15, 2018
  2. Virus-j Win User

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Black screen after shutting down laptop while reverting drivers

Black Screen During Driver Update Black screen after shutting down laptop while reverting drivers :(

I reinstalled my laptop back to factory settings, and I wanted to update the GPU drivers. But when I try, the screen turns black during the update, but the computer is still running. I was forced to turn off the computer and turn it back on. I used system restore, so now I'm using the default drivers that came with the laptop. Can you guys suggest anything?

mrpubnoobz, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Black screen after shutting down laptop while reverting drivers

1. Black screen after shutting down laptop while reverting drivers - Similar Threads - Black screen shutting

2. Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron-3567. I have been using in for 2 years, but recently when i plug in the charger it works for about 30 mins to 1 hour and suddenly shuts down. It wont turn back on unless I reconnect the battery and charger. I tried power draining the laptop but...
  3. Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron-3567. I have been using in for 2 years, but recently when i plug in the charger it works for about 30 mins to 1 hour and suddenly shuts down. It wont turn back on unless I reconnect the battery and charger. I tried power draining the laptop but...
  4. Shutting Down Laptop while booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutting Down Laptop while booting: Hey guys, i have problem on my laptop Asus TUF FX505DT. While booting the lap its automatically shutting down with a sound like ...knimm... After that i can boot the lap without any problem, its only occur only on first boot. and i think it occurred after an update, i am...
  5. Shutting Down Laptop while booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutting Down Laptop while booting: Hey guys, i have problem on my laptop Asus TUF FX505DT. While booting the lap its automatically shutting down with a sound like ...knimm... After that i can boot the lap without any problem, its only occur only on first boot. and i think it occurred after an update, i am...
  6. Issue while shutting down laptop

Issue while shutting down laptop: Hello, I recently from past 4-5 day have started facing an issue with my laptop. When I shut down my laptop, it now stays on for over 10 minutes white light on the right side stays on. I mean that that the screen gets off but sometime i can hear the sound of the fans...
  7. Pc shuts down black screen

Pc shuts down black screen: Hi sometimes when I start a demanding game which my pc should handle my pc suddenly shuts down with an black screen and won‘t start again for the next 15min. It isn‘t a overheating problem of the graphicscard 1080 or my cpu 6700k I am pretty sure because everytime the...
  8. Laptop won't shut down and black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't shut down and black screen: Hello, My Acer Aspire One 722 will not power off and I have a black screen. I have held down the power key, unplugged from outlet, and still it will not power off. Last night I put it on "sleep" mode. I never had a problem before. Windows 10 did an install yesterday....
  9. Windows black screen with cursor after shutting down

Windows black screen with cursor after shutting down: After I click to shutdown my pc, for a few miliseconds I see the normal blue screen with the dots around the words "shutting down", but then my pc goes to a black screen with the cursor and doesnt turn off. Sometimes, the black screen even goes out, just for my pc to go back...
  10. Black screen after shutting down the computer

Black screen after shutting down the computer: I don't know if this has to do with anything but this problem occurred after I updated my Windows 10 Pro to build 1903 using the Windows 10 Update Assistant. Now the problem is that when I shut down the computer normally everything works fine. It goes through the usual stuff...