Windows 10: Black screen after shutting down the computer

Discus and support Black screen after shutting down the computer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I don't know if this has to do with anything but this problem occurred after I updated my Windows 10 Pro to build 1903 using the Windows 10 Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lithwhack, Jun 19, 2019.

1. lithwhack Win User

Black screen after shutting down the computer

I don't know if this has to do with anything but this problem occurred after I updated my Windows 10 Pro to build 1903 using the Windows 10 Update Assistant. Now the problem is that when I shut down the computer normally everything works fine. It goes through the usual stuff until the monitor fells asleep and wakes up right away after maybe 3 seconds. The screen just shows black, no cursor no nothing and my computer doesn't seem to shut down by it self. The only way I can shut it down is by holding the power button on my computer or unplugging it.

I really hope some has a solution for this problem, I've tried a couple of things that I saw online but they didn't work.

:)

lithwhack, Jun 19, 2019
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Black screen after shutting down the computer - Similar Threads - Black screen shutting

2. My PC shows black screen after shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC shows black screen after shutting down: Hello, A week ago i started using my pc again after a month it was working fine. After 2 days i started installing a game and found that some .dll files was missing and i installed it. Then i hit restart but the pc showed ‘restarting’ and turned black screen. The power button...
  3. My PC shows black screen after shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC shows black screen after shutting down: Hello, A week ago i started using my pc again after a month it was working fine. After 2 days i started installing a game and found that some .dll files was missing and i installed it. Then i hit restart but the pc showed ‘restarting’ and turned black screen. The power button...
  4. My PC shows black screen after shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black Screen ONLY After Shut Down AND Plugged Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen ONLY After Shut Down AND Plugged Out: This problem only happens when I shut down the computer AND unplug it from the power outlet. When I start the computer, the Windows Logo shows up like usual, but then it shows a black screen. After a few seconds, the computer starts to overheat I can hear the fan spinning. I...
  6. Black Screen ONLY After Shut Down AND Plugged Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen ONLY After Shut Down AND Plugged Out: This problem only happens when I shut down the computer AND unplug it from the power outlet. When I start the computer, the Windows Logo shows up like usual, but then it shows a black screen. After a few seconds, the computer starts to overheat I can hear the fan spinning. I...
  7. Black Screen ONLY After Shut Down AND Plugged Out

8. Pc shuts down black screen

Pc shuts down black screen: Hi sometimes when I start a demanding game which my pc should handle my pc suddenly shuts down with an black screen and won‘t start again for the next 15min. It isn‘t a overheating problem of the graphicscard 1080 or my cpu 6700k I am pretty sure because everytime the...
  9. Windows black screen with cursor after shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows black screen with cursor after shutting down: After I click to shutdown my pc, for a few miliseconds I see the normal blue screen with the dots around the words "shutting down", but then my pc goes to a black screen with the cursor and doesnt turn off. Sometimes, the black screen even goes out, just for my pc to go back...
  10. Black screen on startup after Windows 10 shut down

Black screen on startup after Windows 10 shut down: Hi there When I shut down my desktop and then want to start it up again I get a black screen. I do not see the mouse cursor. I just get a black screen. The way I get around this is to hit F12 during the start up sequence and then once I am in the Boot mode I have to change...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Black screen when shutting down computer