Windows 10: Black Screen after signing in

Discus and support Black Screen after signing in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop recently undergone an update and it did not finish completely. During the update, my screen turned black and there was a box which says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Katsuaki22, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Black Screen after signing in

My laptop recently undergone an update and it did not finish completely. During the update, my screen turned black and there was a box which says "Personalized Settings". I decided to turn off my computer and when i signed back in, it brought me to a black screen (with cursor). I have watched countless youtube videos asking me to Press ctrl+alt+del but when I clicked on Task Manager, nothing seems to appear. I even tried pressing ctrl+alt+esc and it did not work either. I need help asap!

:)

Katsuaki22, Oct 13, 2017

2. Black screen after signing in

Info: I am not sure of the cause but after a previous issue I had with Windows 10 the solution was to reinstall Windows. I may not have reinstalled it correctly but what I did was use the media creation tool to download Windows 10 on my PC that already had
    Windows 10 installed on it. After installing Windows 10 the screen froze so I restarted my PC. When restarting at the bottom of the boot screen with the manufacture name on it it says "Scanning and repairing drive" and then disk partioning. Now on that screen
    it gives me the option to skip disk scanning.

When I sign in now on the lock screen it just greets me with a black screen with nothing but my cursor

Edit: When I put my PC to sleep and leave it like that for a while then I can sign in.

ChibiSteak, Oct 13, 2017
  3. Black screen after signing in

Hello,

There might be an issue with the driver for your display adapter hence you are experiencing a black screen when signing in. There is a similar issue that has been resolved from a similar thread that you can refer on to resolve your concern. The answer was
    given by Sharath Srinivasa last August 7, 2015. Here's the link: Black
    screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Inform us for any updates regarding this issue so we can assist you further.

Regene Jos, Oct 13, 2017
  4. brnippert Win User

Black Screen after signing in

I also experienced this issue when I tried to install the creators update. I ended reverting the changes and downgrading to the pre-creators update version of windows.

brnippert, Oct 13, 2017
  5. Steve C Win User
    The Personalised Settings can appear and takes a couple of minutes to configure. Have you waited long enough?

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Black Screen after signing in

1. Black Screen after signing in - Similar Threads - Black Screen signing

2. After windows update, screen is black after sign in screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After windows update, screen is black after sign in screen: Basically the title. I have tried this twice now, the first time a few months ago. I updated and everything was fine, I can see the sign in screen. I type in my pin and I am greeted by a black screen and can't see anything except the cursor. So I tried various fixes found on...
  3. After windows update, screen is black after sign in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After windows update, screen is black after sign in screen: Basically the title. I have tried this twice now, the first time a few months ago. I updated and everything was fine, I can see the sign in screen. I type in my pin and I am greeted by a black screen and can't see anything except the cursor. So I tried various fixes found on...
  4. After windows update, screen is black after sign in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black screen after signing in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after signing in: I found some things online to possibly fix the problem but I can't try them yet so I'm wondering if I can get confirmed help from people who have had this problem before because this has never happened to me. Picture Thanks submitted by /u/SnooMacarons6339 [link]...
  6. Black Screen after sign in again

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen after sign in again: So this has happened to me before and I made a post about it. Today it happened again but this case is different. So after entering my password it a blue screen appears saying "Please Wait" and then the screen goes black. What's different today is that, I can access the task...
  7. Black screen after signing in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after signing in: I was trying to sign in to windows after an update but after 10 seconds it just gives me a black screen. I've tried refreshing the screen, I cant open task manager even after doing ctrl + alt + del, and I've tries launching in safe mode but it just makes my sign-in screen...
  8. Signing in black screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing in black screen: Why am I getting a black screen for several minutes between the time I sign in to Windows 10 and when my homepage appears? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signing-in-black-screen/4f6738bf-1160-4bcc-b5f2-c9da770a93b4
  9. Sign in black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sign in black screen: Hi... successfully installed 1803 yesterday after 5 days... :-) This morning, powered on entered the password and was informed it was incorrect...! checked the password on my other devices it was correct... tried it on the laptop again it refused and went to black screen..!...
  10. screen turns black after signing in

in Windows 10 Support
    screen turns black after signing in: im having problems with my laptop. i just have installed windows 10. after signing in, few minutes later the screen suddenly turns black and restart again. what should i do to fix it? 91946