Windows 10: Black screen after sleep

Discus and support Black screen after sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have Windows 10 in a Samsung Book E30. Sometimes, with no clear pattern, after I put the system to "sleep" or close the notebook and then try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AndréArruda Lima, Mar 2, 2022.

1. Black screen after sleep

Hi, I have Windows 10 in a Samsung Book E30. Sometimes, with no clear pattern, after I put the system to "sleep" or close the notebook and then try to use it again, the screen wont turn on. I know that the notebook is on by the small blue light and the noise of the fan working. I already tried to update the drivers. Does anyone have a clue on how to solve it? A way of restarting the system just using the keyboard would help me a lot, cause I have to solve this problem by pressing the power button, which is probably destroying my computer slowly.

:)

AndréArruda Lima, Mar 2, 2022
  2. FreeBooter, Mar 2, 2022
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 2, 2022
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Black screen after sleep

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 2, 2022
Thema:

Black screen after sleep

1. Black screen after sleep - Similar Threads - Black screen sleep

2. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after sleep mode: When I open my computer after being idle and seemingly go into sleep mode, I can't wake it up and it stays in a black screen. So, I end up having to do a hard restart. I have tried pressing CRTL ALT DEL. Any ideas?...
  3. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after sleep mode: When I open my computer after being idle and seemingly go into sleep mode, I can't wake it up and it stays in a black screen. So, I end up having to do a hard restart. I have tried pressing CRTL ALT DEL. Any ideas?...
  4. Black screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after sleep: Hi, I have Windows 10 in a Samsung Book E30. Sometimes, with no clear pattern, after I put the system to "sleep" or close the notebook and then try to use it again, the screen wont turn on. I know that the notebook is on by the small blue light and the noise of the fan...
  5. Black screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after sleep: Hi, I have Windows 10 in a Samsung Book E30. Sometimes, with no clear pattern, after I put the system to "sleep" or close the notebook and then try to use it again, the screen wont turn on. I know that the notebook is on by the small blue light and the noise of the fan...
  6. Black screen after opening laptop screen from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after opening laptop screen from sleep: I have a Lenovo ideapad 330S and I have been running into an issue lately. After I open my laptop screen from sleep, sometimes, the screen will go black with no cursor. My power button is lit up as well as my backlit keys. This also happens sometimes when I shut down my...
  7. Black Screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen after sleep mode: Hi, I need help course my screen stays black after boot but I hear a beep, if I plug in my power supply. I set my pc in screen of mode and sleep. After 15 min I came back and could do anything with it, so I rebooted it. After the reboot it stays at a black screen but I can...
  8. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after sleep mode: Hello. I updated windows last Saturday 19th September 2020 and after leaving it in sleep mode it doesn't work anymore. The computer is running, but the screen is black. I have already tried to press ctrl+shift+windows+B, but it doesn't work. When I force it to shut down by...
  9. Laptop screen black after turning on from Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop screen black after turning on from Sleep: Whenever I wake up my laptop from going into sleep mode, the screen just stays black. The fans turn on when I press the enter button to wake it, but the screen still stays black. Then I have to hold down the power button to force power it off, then turn it back on again....
  10. Laptop screen stays black after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen stays black after sleep: I have an HP Envy x360 2-in-1 laptop that's about 2 years old now. Over the past few weeks I've had an odd problem where frequently after it goes to sleep I'll wake it up and it seems to come awake but the screen stays black. I can see the power light comes on, the fan spins...