Windows 10: Black screen after starting laptop (window 10)

Discus and support Black screen after starting laptop (window 10) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a ASUS N53S and after having upgraded to windows 10, I came across a few issues. The update when well and windows 10 is working on my laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by riddick, Sep 19, 2015.

1. riddick Win User

Black screen after starting laptop (window 10)

I have a ASUS N53S and after having upgraded to windows 10, I came across a few issues. The update when well and windows 10 is working on my laptop, however, I have an issue where I am presented with a black screen when i start my computer. I do see a ASUS screen and a windows boot screen before it goes black, however after the windows boot screen passes (the one with the blueish window icon) the screen goes to black, but it is still on (meaning the monitor is still turned on just not displaying anything). This issue occur after i restart ( few days before doesn't on the laptop). I try to on and off the laptop for few times but still the same problem and the last time i restart again and left it for a night and it doesn't change which still in black screen. So, now what should i do to let it display with desktop since now still in black screen with movable mouse. Please help... Thanks

:)

riddick, Sep 19, 2015

2. Black screen on my HP laptop after Windows 10 installation

After upgrading from Windows 8,1 to Windows 10 on my new HP laptop I found that the screen Blacks-out on start up when the adapter/charger is connected. The laptop starts up as normal but after the HP logo is shown for a few second and Windows starts the
    screen goes Black. If I remove the adapter when this happens the screen comes on again showing the Windows 10 start welcome screen.

If I now re-insert the adapter the screen goes Black Again. Windows is still running.

I have found that if I remove the adapter/charger and remove the battery from the laptop and then hold the on/off switch Down for approx . 10 seconds, re-insert the battery and adapter and then start the laptop it will start normally with the screen activated
    ok.

This is just a one shot method because after shutting Windows down normally the problem appears again on the next start up.

I sent the laptop back to HP and they could not solve this problem. It ended with them changing the OS back to Windows 8,1 where this problem does not exist. I am just not interested in using the Windows 8,1 OS.

Is there anyone that knows this problem and the answer to solve it?

Graham Payne, Sep 19, 2015
  3. Windows 10 starts with screen brightness at 0% (black screen)

Hello, after i upgraded windows 10, when i start the laptop, the screen is black, then i have to increase brightness to see the lock screen image. Sometimes at 100% Brightness the screen is black, then sometimes at 0% is black. Quite confusing .

Anyone had the same issue?

Thanks

alexcerescu, Sep 19, 2015
  4. joeyroks Win User

You need to turn fast boot off in your control panel, I had the same issue but you need to boot your pc then when the black screen comes up you need to put your pc in sleep mode and then turn it on again, then you got the login screen.. I posted pictures to disable fast boot *Wink

Black screen after starting laptop (window 10) [​IMG]

joeyroks, Sep 20, 2015
  5. And, HOW exactly, are they supposed to do that when all they have is a black screen??

Mark Phelps, Sep 20, 2015
  6. XweAponX Win User
    OP: Do you have a working cursor on this black screen? If so, it may be an activation issue. It happened to me under Windows 8 then 8.1, until I activated them properly.

If you have an install DVD try running a repair, see if it finds anything wrong. If not, you can try running DISM, there are tutorials in the Tuts section.

XweAponX, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Black screen after starting laptop (window 10) - Similar Threads - Black screen starting

2. Laptop Black Screen at Start Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Black Screen at Start Up: Not a question, but the topics won't let me reply, so read this quick fix before you spend hours trying to fix your black laptop screen.I'm posting here to try and help others avoid spending hours with the other fixes that first show up online for a black laptop screen. My...
  3. Laptop Black Screen at Start Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Black Screen at Start Up: Not a question, but the topics won't let me reply, so read this quick fix before you spend hours trying to fix your black laptop screen.I'm posting here to try and help others avoid spending hours with the other fixes that first show up online for a black laptop screen. My...
  4. Showing black screen after start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing black screen after start: I normally started my windows 10 pro just how I normally do and it showed that disc check to cancel press any key. I didn't wanted to disk check so I pressed any key and afterwards it is showing black screen. I restarted and this time I allowed to check disk. After 2 stages...
  5. Showing black screen after start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Showing black screen after start: I normally started my windows 10 pro just how I normally do and it showed that disc check to cancel press any key. I didn't wanted to disk check so I pressed any key and afterwards it is showing black screen. I restarted and this time I allowed to check disk. After 2 stages...
  6. My Asus Laptop Screen is just Black after Start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Asus Laptop Screen is just Black after Start: So my Asus Laptop Asus VivoBook 15 just gets a black screen after start up.This was all just caused after the Windows 10 Update I made after the Laptop asked me to do it.I turned off fast startup,checked registry and it has the explorer.exe,updated all the drivers...What can...
  7. Laptop black screen after installing windows 10

Laptop black screen after installing windows 10: Hello, I have an issue with my computer which I cannot seem to figure out. My laptop has been working fine for a long time, yesterday I decided to do a fresh install of Windows 10 just because I felt like doing it. All seemed fine until the installation was done, and...
  8. Laptop starts normally, but black screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop starts normally, but black screen?: My laptop starts normally (Windows 10), but the lock screen appears briefly and then disappears. Can anyone help me? Laptop startet normal, aber schwarzer Bildschirm?
  9. Laptop starts but screen is black

Laptop starts but screen is black: So my MSI Laptop is starting up but the screen stays black. I think I may have interrupted an update halfway through. I've looked around for answers and tried opening it up and removing the battery and replacing it, that didn't work. How can I fix this?...
  10. My windows 10 laptop start with 3/4 of screen as black after update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My windows 10 laptop start with 3/4 of screen as black after update: Hi After updating my Yoga 900 Windows to 1607,When I power on the system, 3/4 of the screen is black!! I had to plug in my external monitor so the screen appears fully (4/4). What should I do ? [img] 66252

Users found this page by searching for:

1. STARTING LAPTOP BLACK WINSOW