Windows 10: Black screen after system restore

Discus and support Black screen after system restore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I have windows 10 on my Asus laptop.Got the new updates yesterday but I faced some issues(with font and icons sizes, not something very bad),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GEORGE Vas, May 15, 2019 at 10:32 PM.

1. Black screen after system restore

Hello!

I have windows 10 on my Asus laptop.Got the new updates yesterday but I faced some issues(with font and icons sizes, not something very bad), and sadly i desided to do a windows system restore to a previous date(acually couple hours ealier).system restart,Asus logo, Windows logo and then black screen.I left it there but nothing. Restart stopped to the same point.I looked for solution. Tried to repair, came against SrtTrail.txt error.. tried fixboot,came against access denied.. tried to repair EFI partition, also no result..

Cant find anything else and keep doing circles... I m trying to avoid clean install.

Any help will be appreciated!

:)

2. Stuck on Black Screen While in System Restore

Screen went black about 30 seconds into system restore. This was over two hours ago. Should I reboot even though it says not to turn computer off once the process begins? Any suggestions are appreciated.

3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

4. Pavan_N Win User

Black screen after system restore

Black screen error after performing system restore

Hi,

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the steps suggested and check if that helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Do let us know if you are able to boot to desktop. Thank you.

Thema:

Black screen after system restore

1. Black screen after system restore - Similar Threads - Black screen system

2. Black screen after wakeup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after wakeup: When I wake up the computer, the screen shows the log in screen for a second and then it turns black. I turn the screen off and then back on, and I the screen turns on for an instant and then it goes black again. I have to do this four times before the screen stays on. I...
  3. black screen after idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen after idle: i have an HP ENVY 360 Convertible 15m-bp1xx 64bit with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-855OU CPU @ 1.80GHZ 1.99 processor. This was purchased in Nov, 2017. i noticed i started to have a hard time 'waking' my laptop up in the mornings as time went by. I decided to customize the...
  4. Black Screen after login

Black Screen after login: I get the Black Screen after login and all is dead only way out is to press pwr and volume buttons to get the restart at the bottom of screen. So whats causing this BS since MS update FEB. 25 2019...
  5. black screen with cursor after system reset

black screen with cursor after system reset: This is more complicated than any existing problem i've seen here so far, and i really can't find a fix for it. A few days ago i had to system reset (kept my files) because my computer was running slow. everything went fine until i realized i didn't have the microsoft...
  6. Stuck in the blue screen troubleshooting screen after trying to system restore and our...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in the blue screen troubleshooting screen after trying to system restore and our...: Please help!!! we really messed up and i dont know what to do. i accidentally did a system recovery on our computer, not knowing it would totally reset our whole PC. i wanted to undo it so i did a system restore back to January 1, but then we encountered the blue screen...
  7. Stuck on Black Screen While in System Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Stuck on Black Screen While in System Restore: Screen went black about 30 seconds into system restore. This was over two hours ago. Should I reboot even though it says not to turn computer off once the process begins? Any suggestions are appreciated. 103241
  8. Black Screen after Log In

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black Screen after Log In: My system has been working fine for a long time and after a power outage a couple of days ago, now when it boots up I get the normal log in screen but after I log in all I get is a black screen with the mouse showing. It did boot up normally right after the power came back on...
  9. Black Screen after Log on

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after Log on: After log on I get black screen,I can get into task manager.Is there a way to restart computer in safe mode from task manager new task? 42785
  10. Black screen after downloading

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after downloading: I'm not tech savvy, but I downloaded windows 10 on my laptop today and now I have a black screen. I have shut down my laptop and restarted it and the windows emblem comes up then goes to black screen again. My hubby's mad about this and I need to know how to fix this problem....