Windows 10: Black screen after system restore

Discus and support Black screen after system restore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I have windows 10 on my Asus laptop.Got the new updates yesterday but I faced some issues(with font and icons sizes, not something very bad),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GEORGE Vas, May 15, 2019.

1. Black screen after system restore

Hello!

I have windows 10 on my Asus laptop.Got the new updates yesterday but I faced some issues(with font and icons sizes, not something very bad), and sadly i desided to do a windows system restore to a previous date(acually couple hours ealier).system restart,Asus logo, Windows logo and then black screen.I left it there but nothing. Restart stopped to the same point.I looked for solution. Tried to repair, came against SrtTrail.txt error.. tried fixboot,came against access denied.. tried to repair EFI partition, also no result..

Cant find anything else and keep doing circles... I m trying to avoid clean install.

Any help will be appreciated!

:)

GEORGE Vas, May 15, 2019

2. Stuck on Black Screen While in System Restore

Screen went black about 30 seconds into system restore. This was over two hours ago. Should I reboot even though it says not to turn computer off once the process begins? Any suggestions are appreciated.

FuzzyMidget, May 15, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 15, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Black screen after system restore

Black screen error after performing system restore

Hi,

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the steps suggested and check if that helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Do let us know if you are able to boot to desktop. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Black screen after system restore

1. Black screen after system restore - Similar Threads - Black screen system

2. System restore restarting to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore restarting to black screen: A system restore was done, after my drivers disappeared, but after some time the screen went black with only the mouse pointer on screen. The PC was restarted, by pressing the on/off button for 10 seconds, whilst pressing F4 to get into Safe Mode, but the system returned to a...
  3. System restore restarting to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restarting to black screen: A system restore was done, after my drivers disappeared, but after some time the screen went black with only the mouse pointer on screen. The PC was restarted, by pressing the on/off button for 10 seconds, whilst pressing F4 to get into Safe Mode, but the system returned to a...
  4. System restore restarting to black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Black Screen After System Restore

Black Screen After System Restore: I've just performed a system restore, selecting to take the pc back to 28th April. But after finishing, I'm left with a black screen, with the date/time in the middle and a small pc picture in the bottom right-hand corner AND I can't get any further?...
  6. Black Screen After System Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen After System Restore: I've just performed a system restore, selecting to take the pc back to 28th April. But after finishing, I'm left with a black screen, with the date/time in the middle and a small pc picture in the bottom right-hand corner AND I can't get any further?...
  7. Blue Screens, System Restore Failure, and Black Screen

Blue Screens, System Restore Failure, and Black Screen: I was on Chrome watching Youtube when all of a sudden everything froze and I blue screened. The computer restarted and everything was fine. Then I noticed that the cursor was gone. My mouse and keyboard were not working. I restarted one more time and the mouse and keyboard...
  8. Blue Screens, System Restore Failure, and Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screens, System Restore Failure, and Black Screen: I was on Chrome watching Youtube when all of a sudden everything froze and I blue screened. The computer restarted and everything was fine. Then I noticed that the cursor was gone. My mouse and keyboard were not working. I restarted one more time and the mouse and keyboard...
  9. Blue Screens, System Restore Failure, and Black Screen

10. Black Screen after System Restore

Black Screen after System Restore: Hello. Yesterday I did a System Restore, but as it took almost 3 hours I forcefully shut down the system thinking it is stuck. Now ,after switching it on, the Lenovo loading page shows up after which a black screen appears. I tried checking if I can do System Restore...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 screen black after system restore

2. black screen after interrupted system restore

3. black screen after system restore

4. windows 10 restore point recover with black screen