Windows 10: Black screen after turning monitor off and on

Discus and support Black screen after turning monitor off and on in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all I have a desktop PC, running windows 10 video card NVIDIA GTX 750Ti driver 364.72 (newest) Dual Monitor : BENQ connected with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Trainstopper, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Black screen after turning monitor off and on

Hello all

I have a desktop PC, running windows 10

video card NVIDIA GTX 750Ti driver 364.72 (newest)

Dual Monitor :

BENQ connected with Digital Port
    HP connected with DVI

Problem:

if I switch the BENQ monitor off, when I turn it on again it displays a black screen and there is NO WAY to have the screen back. The PC seem to be still working but no mouse or keyboard action can return the screen to normal operation, It stays black

Note: as I switch the Benq monitor off, the screen on HP monitor goes BLACK

Thanks for your help

Kind regards

Alex

:)

Trainstopper, Apr 13, 2016

2. Stereoscopic 3d black screen on startup

I enabled stereoscopic 3d in NVIDIA control panel on my Lenovo windows 10 pc. My screen turned black and I had to turn my Asus monitor off and on to get it to work. The box is now unchecked
    however whenever I turn my pc on after a shut down and my monitor automatically turns on I get the black screen and have to turn the monitor off and back on. It's really becoming a nuisance.

OwenBrennan, Apr 13, 2016
  3. Fall creators update Displayport monitor won't go to sleep

I have the same problem.

6700K I7 with GTX1080, which has 1 HDMI and 3 Display Ports.

• Oculus Rift on HDMI port
    • 2 ASUS 28" Monitors runing at 3840x2160 (4k), True Display Port
    • Huion GT220 Drawing Monitor/Tablet with Display Port to HDMI adapter
    • All Monitors are extended.
    • Sleep disabled
    • Screen are set to turn off after 5 minutes
    Problem/What happens:

When screen turns off, the 2 ASUS 4k monitor(s) and Huion GT220 Drawing Monitor turn off together. While the ASUS Monitors continue to stay off, the Huion GT220 Drawing Monitor/Tablet turns back on with a lighted Black screen but no Image.

Before 1709, all 3 monitors turned off, no problems. Now just the 4k Monitors turn off and the Drawing Monitor turns off then back on and stays on but with a lighted black screen.

Thank you

Metal2Mesh, Apr 13, 2016
  4. timerity Win User

Black screen after turning monitor off and on

Hi Alex. On a former pc I used NVIDIA Graphics drivers and found they could cause all sorts of problems when updating or installing them. The symptom you described falls into that category. Luckily I came across an article on this subject by chance which gave the correct method of installing, reinstalling and uninstalling NVIDIA Graphic drivers. Simply going to Control Panel and removing the driver from there causes more problems than you need. The link for download is : Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.7.5.5
    Uninstalling in Safe Mode is highly recommended also do a Clean Install. I hope you find DDU the answer to your problem. Good luck.

timerity, Apr 13, 2016
Thema:

Black screen after turning monitor off and on

1. Black screen after turning monitor off and on - Similar Threads - Black screen turning

2. Laptop turns to black screen after logging in and can't turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turns to black screen after logging in and can't turn off: I was on my laptop and I was logging into my account and everything seemed normal. After I entered my password, the screen turned grey for a second then turned black. I also can't turn it off with the power button or by closing the lid. I know this because the fan is very...
  3. Laptop turns to black screen after logging in and can't turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turns to black screen after logging in and can't turn off: I was on my laptop and I was logging into my account and everything seemed normal. After I entered my password, the screen turned grey for a second then turned black. I also can't turn it off with the power button or by closing the lid. I know this because the fan is very...
  4. Monitors turn off after booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors turn off after booting: Hey, I need help with this issue I have where my monitors I have 2 turn off right after the booting screen disappears, or maybe they don't turn off but it shows that there is no signal. I've tried changing sources 1 used display port and the other uses hdmi I changed the...
  5. Monitors turn off after booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors turn off after booting: Hey, I need help with this issue I have where my monitors I have 2 turn off right after the booting screen disappears, or maybe they don't turn off but it shows that there is no signal. I've tried changing sources 1 used display port and the other uses hdmi I changed the...
  6. Monitor turning off and black screen issue still ongoing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor turning off and black screen issue still ongoing.: While playing a very light game my monitor stopped lost signal and my PC automatically restarted. I opened it up again and it did the same thing but this time it was making beeping noises through my headphones. This monitor disconnection's be happening for a while now, please...
  7. Screen Resolution Stuck After Turning Monitor Off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Resolution Stuck After Turning Monitor Off: I built a PC for gaming recently and encountered some strange behavior. Namely, if I turn the (1440p, DP) monitor off with the computer on, the resolution switches to 1024x768 (with the option of 800x600) and will not switch back until I reboot. Has anyone seen this?...
  8. Help: Monitor stays on (but is black) while using "turn screen off after __ minutes"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help: Monitor stays on (but is black) while using "turn screen off after __ minutes": I have an acer 24" monitor connected to my pc via hdmi through my motherboard (ASrock b450) using a ryzen 2200g cpu on its integrated graphics. I have the power and sleep settings set to "balanced" with "turn screen off after 10 minutes" and "PC goes to sleep after 20...
  9. Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart: On my machine the monitor isn't turning off immediately after a restart. It's not been logged into yet, but it's simply staying on. Normally it sleeps very quickly if no one logs on at the lock screen. What might be the cause of this? 137103
  10. Monitor turns off after boot!

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns off after boot!: I think I' ve screwed something :-( I've installed the latest insider on my desktop as it works fine on the netbook, and now the screen turns off after the boot screen, the computer doesn't hang and seems to show signs of working (HDD light flashing). The video card is OK....