Windows 10: Black screen after unnecessary HP BIOS update

Discus and support Black screen after unnecessary HP BIOS update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We have an HP pavilion x360 laptop which has the HP Assistant software installed. Through the HP Assistant software, we got an HP BIOS update related... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Need some help with..., Feb 16, 2019.

1. Black screen after unnecessary HP BIOS update

We have an HP pavilion x360 laptop which has the HP Assistant software installed. Through the HP Assistant software, we got an HP BIOS update related to HP's Battery Recall program.

After updating to that BIOS, the computer would not boot. We waited for hours, but it never came back on. We went to the HP support website and tried everything they had available on the subject of "black screen", BIOS updates, rolling back the BIOS, etc., but absolutely nothing worked.

After contacting HP with our computer info, their records showed that our battery was not included in the recall, even though it clearly stated that our model, serial number etc. was under the "drivers and updates" on their support website. I sent them screen shots of the information listed under the update for our computer model etc. From there on their support options have been somewhat "fuzzy".

At this point, we are at a standstill. The computer is completely unusable.

A "Geek Squad" person, told us it would be extremely expensive to fix it, and we would need to purchase a new motherboard, new software, etc. Then we found something online that said if we change out the motherboard, we would have to get a new hard drive before we could put windows 10 on it, and we would have to purchase a new product key of windows 10.

If we ordered the motherboard, and tried to fix it ourselves, isn't there a way to just get the product key that originally came with that computer, and reinstall it from Microsoft?

Thanks tons for any help/advice/info....it is tremendously appreciated.

:)

Need some help with..., Feb 16, 2019
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

My hp laptop screen goes black randomly

Hi afrozahmed1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. What is the model of HP laptop you are using?
    2. Does the black screen occur while using the PC or while restarting the machine?
    3. Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to the issue?
    4. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type:winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I appreciate the time you have taken to resolve this issue. There can be many reasons for booting to a black screen.
    These screens may appear with or without the mouse pointer.
    The main causes are Problems with the driver for your display adapter or incompatible application.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank
    screen errors
    refer the section
    I see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

If that doesn’t help, I would also suggest you to go through the article provided by HP on
    Troubleshooting Screen Issues (Windows 10, 8, 7),
    refer the section No image on the screen, or the screen is blank.

Disclaimer: The article include the step of updating BIOS. Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems
    that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Feb 16, 2019
  3. AndreTen Win User
    HP Laptop Black Screen on boot

You have probably checked HP's documents on this issue? If not, try Step 3 here: hp support document/c03518165

AndreTen, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after unnecessary HP BIOS update

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Black screen after unnecessary HP BIOS update

1. Black screen after unnecessary HP BIOS update - Similar Threads - Black screen unnecessary

2. Black screen after Bios update on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after Bios update on laptop: Black screen after bios updateIm on an Hp Pavillion Gaming Laptop and tried to update my bios, after the update process my screen went completely black and I can’t see anything on my external monitor. I have integrated graphics but they are turned off because it causes issues...
  3. Black screen after Bios update on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after Bios update on laptop: Black screen after bios updateIm on an Hp Pavillion Gaming Laptop and tried to update my bios, after the update process my screen went completely black and I can’t see anything on my external monitor. I have integrated graphics but they are turned off because it causes issues...
  4. Black screen after a BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after a BIOS update: I updated BIOS on my old asus fx505dy. Update was completed and the computer restarted, but now its stuck on the black screen after the asus logo. I can get into BIOS again and have restored default settings or whatever. CMOS reset didn't work. Can someone help me out here? I...
  5. Black screen after a BIOS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after a BIOS update: I updated BIOS on my old asus fx505dy. Update was completed and the computer restarted, but now its stuck on the black screen after the asus logo. I can get into BIOS again and have restored default settings or whatever. CMOS reset didn't work. Can someone help me out here? I...
  6. Black screen after bios update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after bios update: On my lenovo ideapad 520 laptop, i received a request notification for BIOS update.. Before starting update, as mentioned there, I stopped all othe applications and hit start update. The laptop then went for restarting and after restart opened a bios mode. There I received...
  7. Black screen after bios update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after bios update: I updated the bios on my asus rog motherboard but when it hit 100% it restarted my pc but wouldnt display anything. I have tried resetting my cmos which did not work. Computer turns on just fine but no display on my monitor. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly...
  8. Black screen after failed BIOS update

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after failed BIOS update: Hello, I was having some issues with my keyboard and graphics so after trying many possible fixes, I then tried to update the BIOS from within Windows 10. I used the .exe file from: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us...n-545s/drivers and before it finished updating there...
  9. Black screen on HP Pavilion Notebook after BIOS Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on HP Pavilion Notebook after BIOS Update: Hi All, I started facing this issue after I tried to update BIOS after HP Support Assistant's recommendation. Since morning I am getting a black screen after I switch my notebook on. I tried to perform a BIOS recovery by pressing Window + B and letting it do its thing....
  10. Black screen after HP January 16, 2019 BIOS update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after HP January 16, 2019 BIOS update: Our HP Pavilion x360 laptop computer went completely black after a BIOS update related to the HP Battery Recall Program. The update came through the HP Assistant software that came installed on the computer. The date of the update was shown as January 16, 2019. After...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp bios update failed black screen

2. how to stop bios update on hp omen when screen is black

3. Hp black screen failed bios

4. hp probook flash bios after crash black screen