Windows 10: Black screen after unplugging power cord help

Discus and support Black screen after unplugging power cord help in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I unplugged the power cord to move my pc somewhere else in my house and when it started up, there was a black screen with windows logo but no loading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Rahands1, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Rahands1 Win User

Black screen after unplugging power cord help

I unplugged the power cord to move my pc somewhere else in my house and when it started up, there was a black screen with windows logo but no loading dots please tell me how to fix this

Black screen after unplugging power cord help [​IMG]

:)

Rahands1, Feb 15, 2020

2. PC on but black screen/unplug power cord scree comes on

When I go to BIOS I have no clue what to do next?

When I do the troubleshoot it tells me to restart my pc to fix it, I do but I still get the same thing "restart pc to fix"

Some days it comes on fine some days it is on but the screen is black, if I unplug power cord screen is on

Sorry and thank you

CarolynVillanueva, Feb 15, 2020
  3. PC on but black screen/unplug power cord scree comes on

I have upgrade to windows 10. When I turn on my laptop I get a blank screen but my lights to my laptop are on. So I have been turning on and off to get it working , BUT I found out if I just unplug my power cord my screen comes on? Any suggestions? (At
    one point it came on like it was supposed to, then did an update and started back up)

I have an h 15 notebook with 4.00 GB using Microsoft edge

Thank you Carolyn

CarolynVillanueva, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Black screen after unplugging power cord help

PC on but black screen/unplug power cord scree comes on

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that when you plug-in the power cord the computer is not booting. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

1. Did you make any software changes to the computer prior to this issue?

2. When you plug-in the power cord to the laptop, is the laptop charging?

3. Are you facing this issue after installing the update?

Let’s try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: We would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer website to check for the latest BIOS version & chipset driver and install it to check if it helps.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Method 2: I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check the issue.

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

1) Type Troubleshooting in the search box and select Troubleshooting Now select view all option on the left pane.

2) Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Method 3: Run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Right click on the start menu and select control panel.
    • In the category select small icons.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Black screen after unplugging power cord help

1. Black screen after unplugging power cord help - Similar Threads - Black screen unplugging

2. Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue says in the title, I am facing a problem with the screen is flashing / turning off and then on whenever I plug in the power supply / charger or unplug the power supply / charger. It was a problem from the very beginning, the moment I turned it on and plugged it...
  3. Why does my laptop freeze after leaving the power cord unplugged?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop freeze after leaving the power cord unplugged?: My computer will freeze if the power cord is left unplugged. Sometimes its 5 minutes after unplugging; sometimes it's an hour after unplugging. That being said, my computer will always freeze if left unplugged for too long. I am running Windows 11 if that helps. I have to...
  4. Windows 10 screen power cord goes black for ~1s when um/plugging power cord

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 screen power cord goes black for ~1s when um/plugging power cord: Hello folks, I had this issue and the locked answer was related to turning off virus protection not helpful The solution for me was to: 1. EDIT THE BIOS and DISABLE "boot when power is applied"I have a lenovo x230 laptop running Win10. This problem plagued me for over a week,...
  5. Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue told already in the title, after upgrading to windows 10, and then i am facing such problem i.e. the screen is flashing or turning off and then on whenever i switch off the power supply or turn on the power supply. Need help.....Note: I had updated intel graphics...
  6. If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off: If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off it says 0% available windows 11 Lenovo pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-unplug-the-power-cord-the-pc-goes-off/44d424cf-91ab-4634-b3e2-3d25bcb816a7
  7. If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off: If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off it says 0% available windows 11 Lenovo pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-unplug-the-power-cord-the-pc-goes-off/44d424cf-91ab-4634-b3e2-3d25bcb816a7
  8. Unplugged power cable black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unplugged power cable black screen: Okay so I was playing then I unplugged my power cable. It then showed a thing that was updating or something it was at 2/3 but it was stuck on the 2 for ages so I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Then there was just a black screen with my cursor. I could move it but it...
  9. Asus X302LJ screen turns off when power cord unplugged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus X302LJ screen turns off when power cord unplugged: I have an Asus X302LJ and immediately when I unplugg the power cord, the screen goes blank turns off Not a driver issue, it does the same even in the bios screen. Here are the list of conditions/symptoms - when unplugging the cord, screen turns off, when plugged in,...
  10. Laptop crashes when power cord is unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop crashes when power cord is unplugged: Hello everyone! I recently bought MSI GF72VR and I am having strange problem with it. Almost every time when I unplug power cord and I have open program my laptop freezes for about 3-4 seconds then it comes black screen and then blue screen and restart. I have tried to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unplugging problem black screen