Windows 10: Black screen after update

Discus and support Black screen after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Well, basically i formated my laptop and removed everything and i installed windows 10, everything was going fine, 2 days later an update started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MRLokman, Apr 9, 2021.

1. MRLokman Win User

Black screen after update

Well,

basically i formated my laptop and removed everything and i installed windows 10, everything was going fine, 2 days later an update started downloading and after it was finished i restarted my laptop for the update to take effect, so after i login to my account its just a black screen and i cant do anything.

things i tried :

restarting windows explorer.

refreshing with win-logo + ctrl +shift + b.

going to safe mode and trying to remove the update tried from settings and cmd/powershell both didnt work.

trying to reset my pc from settings didnt work idk why

trying to reset my with the windows cd didnt work since i cant boot into the cd from the boot optionsidk why the way i installed windows 10 in the first place was by installing windows 7 from a usb then inserting the win 10 cd and installing it by running the setup.exe so i cant reset my pc.

any suggestions

:)

MRLokman, Apr 9, 2021
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Black screen after update

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Black screen after update

1. Black screen after update - Similar Threads - Black screen update

2. Black Screen After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen After Update: My computer turns on, but there's absolutely nothing on the screen, no cursor, nothing. I've tried everything, including opening the task bar/manager, but nothing shows up.I've connected it to an external monitor and I can see/use my computer from the monitor, but I haven't...
  3. Black screen after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after update: My pc recently updated windows and now on startup after login, I get a black screen. I still have a cursor and can even open task manager, but the desktop doesn’t load, so I can’t access any of the apps on my computer. I had this problem previously, probably about 2 months...
  4. Black screen after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after update: My pc recently updated windows and now on startup after login, I get a black screen. I still have a cursor and can even open task manager, but the desktop doesn’t load, so I can’t access any of the apps on my computer. I had this problem previously, probably about 2 months...
  5. Black screen after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Black screen after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after update: In 2019 laptop ran out of battery during an windows update. After rebooting with poweradapter plugged in, my laptop gave black screen. Was working perfectly fine before that.I've tried every possible sollution I could find online, for example:- rolling back the update- ctrl...
  7. Black screen after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after update: In 2019 laptop ran out of battery during an windows update. After rebooting with poweradapter plugged in, my laptop gave black screen. Was working perfectly fine before that.I've tried every possible sollution I could find online, for example:- rolling back the update- ctrl...
  8. Black screen after updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after updating: When I try to log into windows, I get a black screen. This randomly fixes, but I noticed it happens after updating windows submitted by /u/Not_derpy_i_swear [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kc3jg6/black_screen_after_updating/
  9. Black screen after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after update: I updated my Lenovo laptop,and after finishing it the screen turned black.I tried restarting it and nothing happened.The screen is flashing just a lighter black if that makes sense Tried all the solutions but nothing helped....
  10. Screen black after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen black after update: So I updated my laptop last night and after the update was finished, it booted up and I logged in and after a couple of minutes my screen went completely black and it doesn't come on. I held down the power button to turn it off and booted up again and still nothing. The...