Windows 10: Black Screen after updating to Windows 11

Discus and support Black Screen after updating to Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Yesterday, I tried updating to Windows 11 and i got the update in the "System Update" section on Settings. It started downloading and after downloading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SiddharthKapoor2, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Black Screen after updating to Windows 11

Yesterday, I tried updating to Windows 11 and i got the update in the "System Update" section on Settings. It started downloading and after downloading it started installing. Just after installing I restarted my laptop and after restarting the laptop it firstly showed "Updates Are Underway" an then it restarted and showed installing updates and after completion of the update installing phase the display showed me black screen with little bit of light and in the background it was showing "Preparing Windows" And it showed me "Preparing Windows" for almost 1.5 hours after waiting for 1.5hours for

:)

SiddharthKapoor2, Nov 7, 2021
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Nov 7, 2021
  3. Windows 7 black screen of death

I read a report a little while ago that said the black screens were nothing to do with updates but due to a malicious program (it hit more than just windows 7 users - vista, xp and 2000 were also prone to the black startup screen of death if infected). My windows 7 install is fully up-to-date and i've never had the black startup screen.

Just run some decent anti virus and you should be safe (i suggest microsoft security essentails since it's free and pretty decent). When you've installed an anti-virus i'd suggest doing a full scen to be sure there's nothing there.

human_error, Nov 7, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Black Screen after updating to Windows 11

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Nov 7, 2021
Thema:

Black Screen after updating to Windows 11

1. Black Screen after updating to Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Black Screen updating

2. Black screen after windows 11 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after windows 11 update.: Just downloaded Windows 11 latest update and now I have a black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-after-windows-11-update/8f35c81c-5557-4106-aa6b-495b1c36cfd5
  3. Black screen after windows 11 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after windows 11 update.: Just downloaded Windows 11 latest update and now I have a black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-after-windows-11-update/8f35c81c-5557-4106-aa6b-495b1c36cfd5
  4. Black screen after updating Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after updating Windows 11?: Hello! I just got a new computer from NZXT a month ago and I received a notification that I needed to update my Windows software last night. This morning when I went on, My computer had a black screen and my mouse cursor was a blue circle and spinning. I’ve tried pressing...
  5. Black screen after updating Windows 11?

Black screen after updating Windows 11?: Hello! I just got a new computer from NZXT a month ago and I received a notification that I needed to update my Windows software last night. This morning when I went on, My computer had a black screen and my mouse cursor was a blue circle and spinning. I’ve tried pressing...
  6. Black screen after windows 11 update

Black screen after windows 11 update: The screen went blank as it was updating. The next day it’s still black. The system restore screen only sometimes appears when I unplug it from the power source and plug it back. Restarting doesn't help and windows key ctrl shift b doesn’t work. I tried startup repair and the...
  7. Black screen after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after windows 11 update: The screen went blank as it was updating. The next day it’s still black. The system restore screen only sometimes appears when I unplug it from the power source and plug it back. Restarting doesn't help and windows key ctrl shift b doesn’t work. I tried startup repair and the...
  8. Windows Black screen after updating to windows 11

Windows Black screen after updating to windows 11: Hello,I know someone already asked this question but this case is kinda different, so yeah i'm stuck in a black screen after i tried to update,I tried to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, but it didn't work so yeah, how that happen is after i press the button to update and i played...
  9. Windows Black screen after updating to windows 11

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Black screen after updating to windows 11: Hello,I know someone already asked this question but this case is kinda different, so yeah i'm stuck in a black screen after i tried to update,I tried to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, but it didn't work so yeah, how that happen is after i press the button to update and i played...
  10. Black Screen after updating to Windows 11

Black Screen after updating to Windows 11: Yesterday, I tried updating to Windows 11 and i got the update in the "System Update" section on Settings. It started downloading and after downloading it started installing. Just after installing I restarted my laptop and after restarting the laptop it firstly showed...