Windows 10: black screen after upgrading

Discus and support black screen after upgrading in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi i had a very old 32 bit system which was running windows 7 and working great,but the idea dawned on me to upgrade to windows 10 for the security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OmarTamer2, Apr 19, 2020.

1. black screen after upgrading

hi

i had a very old 32 bit system which was running windows 7 and working great,but the idea dawned on me to upgrade to windows 10

for the security updates so i ran the setup like so: i downloaded the media creation tool followed the instructions and pressed on the option both just in case but the instead of doing it normally i upgraded by making the file intan iso and putting it on a flashdrive extracted the iso and put the setup inside of a folder and ran it from the computer which was looking good at first but now the computer shows a black screen and the fan is on and i am afraid to shut it down can some one pls help cuz my heart really hurts and the pc had alot of my childhood memories and other stuff so pls helpp!!!!

:)

OmarTamer2, Apr 19, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

black screen after upgrading

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

black screen after upgrading

1. black screen after upgrading - Similar Threads - black screen upgrading

2. Black Screen after screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen after screen: My windows does not show anything after I login to windows.I can open task manager and use most of the apps by using the RUN option. Even I am typing this massage on my computer. The only app I can't run is the Microsoft explorer. I tried many methods watching youtube videos....
  3. Black Screen after screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen after screen: My windows does not show anything after I login to windows.I can open task manager and use most of the apps by using the RUN option. Even I am typing this massage on my computer. The only app I can't run is the Microsoft explorer. I tried many methods watching youtube videos....
  4. Black Screen after screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Black Screen after upgrade to latest Acer Bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after upgrade to latest Acer Bios: Hi,Can anyone help provide a solution to fix the following issue? I am able to load into safe mode with standard ms video driver. For normal mode of windows / linux ubuntu/kubuntu, I am unable to boot.I've follow the solution given by acer, but none of them are work.I did...
  6. Problems after upgrade to 1909.Black screen with Personalized Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after upgrade to 1909.Black screen with Personalized Settings: A HP notebook (1703 or 1709) with multiple failed Windows upgrades had a successful upgrade today. Before the upgrade scannow, restorehealth, and chkdsk /scan were ran. A Windows 10 iso 1909 was downloaded to the desktop. Setup.exe was launched Windows updates were...
  7. No screen fade to black effect after upgrading to 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No screen fade to black effect after upgrading to 1903: I have noticed that the screen no longer fades to black when switching off after upgrading to 1903. There used to be a short fade effect when the screen turned off such as when putting the computer on sleep. The screen now just instantly goes off. I thought it was something...
  8. Laptop screen was working after upgrade but now black

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop screen was working after upgrade but now black: Hi I upgraded to Windows 10 on Sunday and all was well. When I went to log in on Monday the laptop screen was completely black. It sounded like it was working ok but I couldn't see anything (not even the cursor). I plugged an external monitor in and that was ok. I tried...
  9. Black screen after 75% during upgrading to win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after 75% during upgrading to win10: Hi, I successfully upgraded 2 computers, but have problem with my notebook HP ProBook 4320s. When upgrading reach 75% (100% installing drivers), black screen appears and I have to turn it off and on, then it restores to previous win7. I upgraded all drivers and BIOS with...
  10. Win7 --> Win10 upgrade black screen after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Win7 --> Win10 upgrade black screen after login: Yesterday updated from Win7Pro to Win10Pro my old Lenovo Thinkpad x220. The laptop does have the original 320GB HDD and a mSATA 240GB SSD, the latest used as main disk now with Windows 10. For security reasons I never deleted the older Win7 installation in the HDD. At...