Windows 10: Black screen after wakeup

Discus and support Black screen after wakeup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I wake up the computer, the screen shows the log in screen for a second and then it turns black. I turn the screen off and then back on, and I the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by najn_arte, Mar 19, 2019.

1. najn_arte Win User

Black screen after wakeup

When I wake up the computer, the screen shows the log in screen for a second and then it turns black. I turn the screen off and then back on, and I the screen turns on for an instant and then it goes black again. I have to do this four times before the screen stays on.

I noticed that the length of time the screen is on or off doesn't affect the result. It's more about having to turn the screen on or off four times before it stays on. Please help. It's annoying, and I don't understand why my system doesn't give me the option to restore the system to a previous point.

:)

najn_arte, Mar 19, 2019

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Black screen after wakeup - Similar Threads - Black screen wakeup

2. Screen goes black after wakeup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black after wakeup: SCreen goes black when i was to wake the laptop after a sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-black-after-wakeup/cbad25ba-fc51-477b-b28d-80dc17941add
  3. Screen goes black after wakeup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black after wakeup: SCreen goes black when i was to wake the laptop after a sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-black-after-wakeup/cbad25ba-fc51-477b-b28d-80dc17941add
  4. Screen goes black after wakeup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Monitors are blank after wakeup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors are blank after wakeup: When I wake up the system from sleep, the monitors are blank. The keyboard does not show activity - its LED indicators, such as Caps Lock or Num Lock, do not light up when pressing the respective keys. If I soft reset the system, the same thing happens. I have to forcefully...
  6. BSOD - unexpected_store_exception after sleep wakeup or hybernate wakeup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - unexpected_store_exception after sleep wakeup or hybernate wakeup: I build new PC, and since beginning I'm getting randomly BSOD, when I wake up PC from sleep or hybernation. I run the chkdsk and also memtest, they both passed. Thx for help. The BSOD says: unexpected_store_exception the minidump is debugged below. Microsoft R Windows...
  7. Screen flashing/flickering black after wakeup from sleep mode

Screen flashing/flickering black after wakeup from sleep mode: Hello, I have got a recent frustrating issue with my screen flashing/flickering black only after my laptop went in sleep mode closing the laptop for example. The problem get fixed if I restart windows. The issue happen also when the task manager is open. Could it be related...
  8. how do I disable the "login after wakeup" but still have the lock screen showing after wakeup?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do I disable the "login after wakeup" but still have the lock screen showing after wakeup?: I have both a desktop computer and a tablet computer running Windows 10. The tablet wakes from sleep with the lock screen showing, Good, because it shows my calendar on that screen. When I clear it the tablet goes right into Windows without any annoying, unnecessary logins....
  9. PDC.SYS Failed, Blue screen on wakeup

PDC.SYS Failed, Blue screen on wakeup: In recent weeks when I wake my computer up after a overnight or long period i get the blue screen with PDS.SYS failed and suggests HTTPS://Windows.com/stopcode, it then will start a count down and re start windows. I have gone to this page but don't actually see a...
  10. Chrome opens in full screen on wakeup.

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome opens in full screen on wakeup.: Recently my laptop (Dell Inspiron 15-5578) on wakeup; Chrome displays full screen. It is in partial screen mode when I put it to sleep, but wakes in full screen. It's not a big deal, but can't figure why this is happening. OS build is Windows 10 15063.674 95918