Windows 10: Black screen after waking up laptop sometimes

Discus and support Black screen after waking up laptop sometimes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi I hope you are doing well I have a pretty decent laptop but I’m not sure if it’s the graphics card but after opening the cover it’s a black screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jason C2, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Jason C2 Win User

Black screen after waking up laptop sometimes

Hi I hope you are doing well I have a pretty decent laptop but I’m not sure if it’s the graphics card but after opening the cover it’s a black screen but the disk is still runningIf you can help that would be great thanks!

:)

Jason C2, Feb 20, 2023
  2. FreeBooter, Feb 20, 2023
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Feb 20, 2023
  4. Virus-j Win User

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Feb 20, 2023
Thema:

1. Black screen after waking up laptop sometimes - Similar Threads - Black screen waking

2. black screen on wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black screen on wake up: Hello everyone, I have Lenovo ideapad gaming with 16GB RAM and nvidia GeForce graphics. It is operating on Windows 10. I am on the default balanced power plan. Shortly after one of my coolers stopped functioning, my laptop suddenly stopped going to sleep after inactivity, but...
  3. black screen on wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    black screen on wake up: Hello everyone, I have Lenovo ideapad gaming with 16GB RAM and nvidia GeForce graphics. It is operating on Windows 10. I am on the default balanced power plan. Shortly after one of my coolers stopped functioning, my laptop suddenly stopped going to sleep after inactivity, but...
  4. black screen on wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Black screen after wakes up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after wakes up: I have GEEKOM Mini Air 11 running Win11 and Sceptre monitor. In the past, waking up created a wallpaper and PIN line on the monitor. Not anymore. Now, waking up creates a black screen and then an error message " The Recycle bin is corrupted..." Clicking it gets back to the...
  6. Black screen after wakes up

Black screen after wakes up: I have GEEKOM Mini Air 11 running Win11 and Sceptre monitor. In the past, waking up created a wallpaper and PIN line on the monitor. Not anymore. Now, waking up creates a black screen and then an error message " The Recycle bin is corrupted..." Clicking it gets back to the...
  7. Black screen after waking up laptop sometimes

Black screen after waking up laptop sometimes: Hi I hope you are doing well I have a pretty decent laptop but I’m not sure if it’s the graphics card but after opening the cover it’s a black screen but the disk is still runningIf you can help that would be great thanks!...
  8. Laptop won't Wake up or sometimes restarts after restart.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't Wake up or sometimes restarts after restart.: I am experiencing a weird problem recently that when i lock my laptop and close the lid and the instantly open the lid again the screen would not lit and all i can do is to do a hard reboot to fix the issue. And if i leave the laptop lock and close the lid and open it back in...
  9. Black screen on wake-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on wake-up: I've recently started having an issue where I get no signal to my monitor exclusively when I wake my PC up from sleep mode.It first happened about 2 days ago, which was quite a scare, because I thought my GPU had died, but after shutting down and booting from being fully off,...
  10. Black screen on startup / wake-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on startup / wake-up: Hello everyone, It's now been a week that i have this problem, every time i start my pc up i have to disconnect and reconnect my DP cable from the graphics card in order for the screen to show anything, it does detect the pc because it comes out of sleep mode, it just stays...