Windows 10: Black Screen After Windows 10 2004 Update

Discus and support Black Screen After Windows 10 2004 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I have done this update recently about 2-3 days ago and i have a problem that i have never seen before. When i start Windows and type in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Archturche, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Black Screen After Windows 10 2004 Update

Hello. I have done this update recently about 2-3 days ago and i have a problem that i have never seen before. When i start Windows and type in my password my desktop is not loading about 5 mins. Until my desktop shows up i look to a black screen. Is there any other one have that problem like me? What do i do to make my desktops loading faster?

:)

Archturche, Sep 2, 2020

2. updating windows 10 causes black screen

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor here to work on your issue. As I understand from the description that you're trying to update the windows to the latest version but it struck at startup with a black screen so In this case, I suggest you do the upgrade
    by following the below steps.

To update Windows 10 to feature pack update 2004 manually

Step: 1

Open the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Step 2:

Click Update which will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Step 3:

Run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant & then click Update now.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Black Screen After Windows 10 2004 Update

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Black Screen After Windows 10 2004 Update

1. Black Screen After Windows 10 2004 Update - Similar Threads - Black Screen 2004

2. Black screen after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after Windows 10 update: Hello! After updating Windows 10, my laptop is not working well. It takes forever to power up and often hangs at the login page for a few minutes. The screen goes black randomly, but always only for a few seconds it resolves on its own. I can't play any video. Is there any...
  3. Black screen after Windows 10 2004/20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after Windows 10 2004/20H2 update: Hello, I've tried updating Windows a couple of times now. I've tried updating via Windows Update, Windows Upgrade Assistant, Windows Media Creation Tool and a bootable USB created using Rufus and it's included download tool. When I first login after upgrading I get the...
  4. Update 2004 - Black screen?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update 2004 - Black screen?: Hello I was on 190x and decided to update to 2004. After a couple of hours I returned to my desktop and find a black screen? Tried alt/cntrl/delete and no go. So I did a forced power shut down. Can I get some help please? PS I am typing this from my tablet. 170302
  5. Black Screen after Update to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen after Update to 2004: Just got a notification on my desktop today to upgrade from 1903 to 2004, and once the pc restarts the screen turns completely black. After restarting numerous times, switching outputs, switching monitors (and also trying dual displays), the screen just keeps staying...
  6. Windows 10 update 2004 black screen on startup.

Windows 10 update 2004 black screen on startup.: I'm very angry with the way Microsoft has released this new update. I've HP pavillion x360 laptop Specs are as follow: Intel i3 8th gen Nvidia 2gb graphics card Seagate 1 tb sshd Synaptic fingerprint sensor Ok so first of all I had full trust in the...
  7. Screen stays on after Windows 10 2004 update

Screen stays on after Windows 10 2004 update: After updating the system, the monitor stopped turning off after the set minutes in the power settings. If I turn off the monitor with the nircmd.exe monitor off command, then it goes out and immediately lights up. I looked at the events during this time - it appears:...
  8. black screen after failed 2004 update

black screen after failed 2004 update: Attempted to install 2004 update from 1909 yesterday. Got stuck at 17% after reboot. I had to leave work and hoped the battery would last until I got home but it didn't. When I start my laptop I get the dell screen with the progress bar then goes to a black screen with a...
  9. Win 10 2004 update- Black Screen for 4 min after Login

Win 10 2004 update- Black Screen for 4 min after Login: After Update to Win 10 2004 version every time i turn on my system and logged in the screen goes black for about 4 min. Happening only after I update the system to version 2004....
  10. after upgrading windows 10 to version 2004 is black screen

after upgrading windows 10 to version 2004 is black screen: HI After I upgradewindows 10 from version 1909 to version 2004 OS19041.264 take to long to login,and the is a black screen,i foece to shotdown siveral times my laptop until was able to boot and login why this is hapen? some sing wrong with the new version of windows 10/...