Windows 10: Black Screen After Windows 10 Logon (cursor visibile)

Discus and support Black Screen After Windows 10 Logon (cursor visibile) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Booted PC and get the usual logon screen (visuals all look fine), then I login but only get a black screen with the cursor visible. Looks like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jdp13, Jan 21, 2019.

1. jdp13 Win User

Black Screen After Windows 10 Logon (cursor visibile)

Hello,

Booted PC and get the usual logon screen (visuals all look fine), then I login but only get a black screen with the cursor visible. Looks like there were some big updates over the last few days.

I used 'Reset this PC' tool it took about an hour. I got to the sceen where it said 'Hi. We have some updates for you'" but then it just went to black screen again. I rebooted and logged in - I noticed a little box appear for a while which was to do with setting up personal settings but it hung and was 'not responding'.

My keyboard settings seemed to be auto switched between UK Eng and US Eng in the days before this happened (not sure if it is linked).

Things I have already tried:

1: System restore
    2: Boot into safe mode (option 4)
    3: Advanced options recovery stuff
    4: Ran sfc/scannow in cmd but it failed less than half way through (windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation)
    5: Ran dism /online /cleanupimage /restorehealth - failed because 'specified buffer contains ill-formed data'

Nothing is working. PC worked fine before this for years.

I can get into task manager but it looks so wrong - CPU 0% usage, 25 windows processes only but all doing nothing.

:)

jdp13, Jan 21, 2019
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

New Crossfire setup black screen after windows logon

Need some help, I have just installed a 2nd Sapphire VaporX 7950, both cards are plugged and are connected with 1 crossfire connector. PC powers on fine and gets to the Windows logon screen then the screen goes black, any ideas what the issue is?

NdMk2o1o, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Black Screen, No Cursor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please follow the below suggestion and check if that helps.

If you see the black screen only
    after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
    If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps.

Perform SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to scan your system
    files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833 ( Applies to Windows 10 as well).

I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press
      Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Bilbotorm Win User

[Windows 10] [Logon screen] Cursor customization

HEllo

1/ homemade computer, very recent, from march 2016 with gigabyte zx170, i7 6700k, etc.

2/ I have no black screen issue, i just said that from google search, trying to look for windows logon screen" only brings black screen issue. It's not MY issue. It's just the usual links on google. So I am posting here to find an answer to my question which
    has nothing to do with black screen. I need to know if we can customize cursors and programs launched at windows lock screen/logon screen.

Regarding the left handed mouse, i don't need that kind of help, I perfectly know how to switch my buttons once logged. My question is for logon screen, before being logged in Windows.

This Screen to be precised:

http://www.winbeta.org/sites/default/files/news/CIyA9GeW8AEFFOP.png

I need to have left handed button on that screen (or my razer synapse startup programm launched at that screen) + I need to change the cursor there. Is it possible ?

thanks !!!

Bilbotorm, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Black Screen After Windows 10 Logon (cursor visibile) - Similar Threads - Black Screen Logon

2. Windows 10 black screen with cursor after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 black screen with cursor after login: I have three accounts on my machine.1. Administrator2. Administrator3. UserI have the issue that when I try to login into the user account the screen stays black but I can see the cursor. Pressing Strg + Alt+ Entf works fine but after clicking on Task manager it goes back to...
  3. Windows 10 black screen with cursor after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen with cursor after login: I've seen this question all over the place, and a multitude of answers which so far don't fix this issue for me. Although the scenario I'm having is slightly different. I've set up a new laptop for a domain user, installed applicable drivers, patches, windows updates, etc....
  4. Black Screen after logon Windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Screen after logon Windows 10 20H2: I have a number of PCs installed with build 1909 and have recently upgraded some to 20H2. I now get the black screen with an error event 1000 in explorer.exe when some users login. We use roaming profiles and the problem seems to effect any user who has previously logged...
  5. Black screen with cursor after logon and right click on application taking forever

Black screen with cursor after logon and right click on application taking forever: There's two issues I am facing, 1. Whenever I logon a black screen appears, I can only see my cursor and can move it around, whenever I restart the PC, the problem happens again and I don't know how to permanently fix it 2. Whenever I right click on an application, the...
  6. How to solve black screen with cursor after logon to windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to solve black screen with cursor after logon to windows 10: How to solve black screen with cursor after login to windows 10 I have tried the following ways but none of them worked. ->CTRL+ALT+DEL ->SAFE MODE HELP ME TO FIX THAT ISSUE [ATTACH]...
  7. Black screen after User logon

Black screen after User logon: Hi Iam facing “black screen” issue after user logon. I have two users in my laptop one is microsoft account user that needs pin to login and other local user account. When i try to login using microsoft user account iam getting black screen after logon only cursor moving....
  8. black screen with curser after logon

black screen with curser after logon: How do you fix this problem. After bootup, logon screen comes up. After entering password, screen loads blank or black with curser only. Tried shell reset to explorer.exe. What else can I try?...
  9. Black Screen After Windows 10 Logon (cursor visibile)

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen After Windows 10 Logon (cursor visibile): Hello, Booted PC and get the usual logon screen (visuals all look fine), then I login but only get a black screen with the cursor visible. Looks like there were some big updates over the last few days. I used 'Reset this PC' tool it took about an hour. I got to the sceen...
  10. Windows 10 Black screen after login with cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Black screen after login with cursor: I'm not too sure what to do. I can get into task manager but using explorer.exe doesn't do anything. Anyone know how to fix this? 11247

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after user login only curser is visible