Windows 10: Black screen after windows 10 Update causeing activation error

Discus and support Black screen after windows 10 Update causeing activation error in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After the windows 10 update a few days ago I was greeted by the infamous black screen after sign in, which was fixed by using task manager and File->... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by FiveOrpheus4148, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Black screen after windows 10 Update causeing activation error

After the windows 10 update a few days ago I was greeted by the infamous black screen after sign in, which was fixed by using task manager and File-> Run new task -> explorer.exe

However since restarting the laptop to make sure its working correctly I've had my windows version deactivate and cannot seem to be able to reactivate it.

The laptop was originally running windows 8 and had been updated to windows 10 and running fully activated with no issues for a few years.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

:)

FiveOrpheus4148, Jul 4, 2019

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 4, 2019
  3. KB4497935 CAUSING INFINITE BLACK SCREEN WITH SPINNING CIRCLE

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please answer these questions to get additional information for clarity:

1. Are you getting a black screen before signing in to Windows 10?
    2. Are you getting a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10?
    3. Are you getting a black screen with spinning dots after restarting the device?

Some of the common scenarios that can cause a black or blank screen to occur are connection problems with your display, display adapter driver update issues, or issues with recent updates or installations.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to check if that works.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Black screen after windows 10 Update causeing activation error

Black screen after updating to 1703

Hi,

A stop error can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. For us to identify the cause of this issue, we suggest that you refer to these articles:

The steps will be viewed once that you've selected the corresponding answer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

Black screen after windows 10 Update causeing activation error

1. Black screen after windows 10 Update causeing activation error - Similar Threads - Black screen Update

2. Update to Windows 10 that causes black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update to Windows 10 that causes black screen: The issue with the update to Windows 10 that causes the screen on my Evoo Laptop, has it been fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-windows-10-that-causes-black-screen/3258f535-1f59-4f36-97f6-b60f15ae0290
  3. Windows 10 update causes black screen before Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update causes black screen before Login: I get a blank screen before login after Windows 10 1903 update. What do I do next (see below for what I have done): Like many, I recently got the ultimatum that I must update my Windows 10 if I want to continue to receive support updates. So I scheduled the update for 2...
  4. Black screen after Windows update.

Black screen after Windows update.: Hello Last week on my laptop the updates download the new version of windows 10. After this was downloaded when I leave my laptop for 4 minutes the screen is blank and is frozen I have to switch my laptop off and restart it. can you help Thanks ***Modified title...
  5. Black screen after windows update

Black screen after windows update: Hello everyone so i updated windows 10 to KB4340917 OS build 17134.191 and now I'm on my way to the windows startup finishes NVidia graphics card and now my screen is black and I have not got it yet. Please, guys if any of you know how to fix this problem please help me! If...
  6. Deleted KMDF update causing Black Screen

Deleted KMDF update causing Black Screen: In 2015 I posted a question abput accidently deleting a Sept. 10, 2015 KMDF Update, causing a black screen. I want to post this question again because I gave up back then but now I am ready to tackle this issue again. The computer goes to black screen on start up, I get no...
  7. Black Screen after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black Screen after Windows 10 update: Windows 10 did an update. Sign in screen is OK but after signing in screen is black. I have pointer and desktop icons but screen is black. Help... 113168
  8. Screen black after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen black after update: So I updated my laptop last night and after the update was finished, it booted up and I logged in and after a couple of minutes my screen went completely black and it doesn't come on. I held down the power button to turn it off and booted up again and still nothing. The...
  9. Windows 10 black screen after update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 black screen after update.: I was using my laptop last night and got off and decided to go to bed. At this point it was still working fine. When I woke up, it was installing an update and I decided to let it finish. After the update was complete, it went to a lack screen, which I thought was weird. So I...
  10. Black Screen after Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after Windows 10 update.: Hi all, I just updated Windows (Running WIndows 10 Pro) after it kept nagging me about it. The update took a while and when it was finally done, Explorer.exe wouldn't start. I see a black screen and my mouse cursor. I can start the task manager and open most programs from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows activation blank