Windows 10: Black screen after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Black screen after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! After Windows 10 was updated, my computer is not performing well. It takes forever to switch on the computer and it often freezes on login page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by L78G, Oct 2, 2020.

1. L78G Win User

Black screen after Windows 10 update

Hello! After Windows 10 was updated, my computer is not performing well. It takes forever to switch on the computer and it often freezes on login page for a few minutes. The screen goes black randomly, but always just for a few seconds it resolves on its own. I cannot play any videos it is just a black screen. When working in Microsoft Word, I get a black screen for a few seconds or minutes every time I scroll to the next page.

I tried troubleshooting as well as updating drivers, but nothing seems to help. Is there any fix to this?

:)

L78G, Oct 2, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Black screen after Windows 10 update

Marivel Man, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Black screen after Windows 10 update

1. Black screen after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Black screen update

2. Black screen after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after Windows 10 update: After updating Windows 10, my laptop is not working well. It takes forever to turn on the computer and often hangs at the login page for a few minutes. The screen turns black randomly, but always only for a few seconds. I can't play any video, nothing is visible. Is there any...
  3. Black screen after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after Windows 10 update: After updating Windows 10, my laptop is not working well. It takes forever to turn on the computer and often hangs at the login page for a few minutes. The screen turns black randomly, but always only for a few seconds. I can't play any video, nothing is visible. Is there any...
  4. Black screen after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after Windows 10 update: Hello! After updating Windows 10, my laptop is not working well. It takes forever to power up and often hangs at the login page for a few minutes. The screen goes black randomly, but always only for a few seconds it resolves on its own. I can't play any video. Is there any...
  5. Black screen after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen after windows 10 update: Hi after a windows 10 update my lenovo all in one shows a black screen on start up, But won't boot up I have removed the power lead and pressed the power button for 30 seconds then restarted no difference The hard drive is vibrating so I think it is working it is found in...
  6. Black screen after windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after windows 10 Update: Hi, my current version in windows 10 1607. I have been trying to update it for months. Every time I download the update, following update the pc automatically restarts but when its restarting I get a black screen. I have to manually reset the pc to get the pc to boot but when...
  7. Black screen after Windows 10 update

Black screen after Windows 10 update: Hello, I could really use some help. I upgraded my pc to Windows 10 and after a few times restarting it because of updates I got a black screen saying "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". After googling this...
  8. Black Screen After Updating Windows 10

Black Screen After Updating Windows 10: I hate when this happen, its not the first time i have to trouble with this, after last update of W10 My screen its turning Black sometimes and i need to reboot my PC to work in my jobs again. Any help its apreciated....
  9. Black Screen after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black Screen after Windows 10 update: Windows 10 did an update. Sign in screen is OK but after signing in screen is black. I have pointer and desktop icons but screen is black. Help... 113168
  10. Windows 10 black screen after update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 black screen after update.: I was using my laptop last night and got off and decided to go to bed. At this point it was still working fine. When I woke up, it was installing an update and I decided to let it finish. After the update was complete, it went to a lack screen, which I thought was weird. So I...