Windows 10: Black screen after windows logo

Discus and support Black screen after windows logo in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So it started this morning: I turned on my pc and it froze right after it passed the Blue windows logo screen. A black screen appeared with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by probuddha, Oct 31, 2015.

1. probuddha Win User

Black screen after windows logo

So it started this morning:

I turned on my pc and it froze right after it passed the Blue windows logo screen. A black screen appeared with no cursor.

I rebooted the pc (through the reset button) and everytime it got stuck at the black screen and then rebooted on its own. After a few rounds of black screen and reboots, I got the advanced repair options but it couldn't repair anything.

A very few times that it did manage to go boot and go to the desktop, it froze and didn't let me open any files or folders. Also when I mouse over the files, a black box appears around the icons and the file names appear garbled

I haven't installed anything lately that might cause this to happen.

Please help me solve this issue. I don't want to reset my pc as I have installed several applications since installing windows 10

Please help

Many thanks

:)

probuddha, Oct 31, 2015

2. Unable to access Safe Mode.

Thanks Neil,

But all I get is the black screen. The motherboard logo page comes on during start up and the blue windows logo. After that just a black screen with a mouse pointer.

JOHNMANSELL1969, Oct 31, 2015
  3. windows 10 black screen

windows 10 screen goes black after it shows windows logo.

AadinAnayotan, Oct 31, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Does it run in safe mode ? You need to check the HDD too.

CountMike, Oct 31, 2015
  5. probuddha Win User
    Thanks Mike

Yes, it runs fine on Safe Mode, even with Networking enabled

probuddha, Oct 31, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Oct 31, 2015
  7. probuddha Win User
    Hi Mike

I am running a crucial mx 100 ssd. How can I scan it for errors?

probuddha, Oct 31, 2015
  8. CountMike New Member

CountMike, Oct 31, 2015
  9. probuddha Win User
    Hi Mike

I went ahead and reset my pc (keeping files) and after it completed 99%, it rebooted, went to the installation screen, installed 15% (installed drivers and settings till 25%) and ever since that it has been on a reboot loop.

It reboots, goes to the windows logo screen, the white dots circle for a while and then it again reboots.

It went on for a while and now it is again stuck on the black screen with no cursor. My pc and the hdd lights are still on

Please advise

probuddha, Oct 31, 2015
  10. CountMike New Member
    Should never do such drastic things until you are certain of where the problem is, can you still go to safe mode ?

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Black screen after windows logo - Similar Threads - Black screen logo

2. Black screen after windows logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after windows logo: My laptop is a Dell Latitude 3540. And every time I turn on my pc it turns on normally but then as soon as the windows logo is done loading it shows me a black screen I have tried many YouTube tutorials to fix this but I can't get into windows recovery environment no matter...
  3. Black screen after windows logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after windows logo: My laptop is a Dell Latitude 3540. And every time I turn on my pc it turns on normally but then as soon as the windows logo is done loading it shows me a black screen I have tried many YouTube tutorials to fix this but I can't get into windows recovery environment no matter...
  4. Window black screen after logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window black screen after logo: I have MacBook pro early 2015. I tried to install window through bootcamp and usb but when it restarts I get a very dark display but visible with flashlight on screen.There is no hardware issue since my macos works totally fineAny fix?Thanks in advance...
  5. Window black screen after logo

Window black screen after logo: I have MacBook pro early 2015. I tried to install window through bootcamp and usb but when it restarts I get a very dark display but visible with flashlight on screen.There is no hardware issue since my macos works totally fineAny fix?Thanks in advance...
  6. Black screen after Windows logo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after Windows logo?: I've had this laptop since January of this year and it booted up fine up until a month or two ago. It works okay and I'm using the laptop to post this right now, it's just that the problem is more of a nuisance than anything. When it boots up it shows the Windows logo as...
  7. Black screen after Windows logo?

Black screen after Windows logo?: I've had this laptop since January of this year and it booted up fine up until a month or two ago. It works okay and I'm using the laptop to post this right now, it's just that the problem is more of a nuisance than anything. When it boots up it shows the Windows logo as...
  8. Black screen after Windows logo?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  9. Black Screen after Windows Logo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen after Windows Logo: So I moved a couple months back and forgot my mouse and everything at my old roommates place. I went to visit the other day and got them back, and was setting up my computer. prior to this, my computer had always started and worked perfectly fine. but now suddenly, it won't...
  10. BLACK SCREEN AFTER WINDOWS LOGO

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BLACK SCREEN AFTER WINDOWS LOGO: in the beginning my screen used to turn off for a second whenever I went to fullscreen mode or exiting it while playing a vid be it offline(downloaded on my laptop) or on youtube, I didn't think much of it at that time. Approximately one year later I randomly checked my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone black screen after windows logo