Windows 10: black screen and cursor hang after creating any new user profile - main profile works OK

Discus and support black screen and cursor hang after creating any new user profile - main profile works OK in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when i create any new profile, admin or regular user, by any method, after a very long setup, when you go to login it is black screen and cursor. task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mikealexq1, Mar 19, 2023.

1. black screen and cursor hang after creating any new user profile - main profile works OK

when i create any new profile, admin or regular user, by any method, after a very long setup, when you go to login it is black screen and cursor. task manager shows appdeploymentservice as taking up alot of CPU resource. Seems stuck somehow..but what? My main profile works fine.

:)

mikealexq1, Mar 19, 2023

2. I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Ros4beth Win User
    black screen with cursor during reinstalling windows, "user profile sign in user profile cannot be loaded" error but can't access to safe mode

Yesterday I formatted my pc and when windows 10 was reinstalling, cursor with black screen appeared and didn't go away. I clicked "ctrl+alt+del" to restart my pc and when it turned on "user profile sign in user profile cannot be loaded" screen came. Every time I enter my windows password, this error keeps coming. When i try to go on safe mode, it asks for my password and when I enter my password, it loads "Welcome" and after a while, it go back to black screen with cursor. I'm stuck in the loop. : (

Things i did to try fixing:

• Took unnecessary usb and cables from my pc
    • Startup Repair
    • Uninstall Updates
    • Tried to enter safe mode & safe mode with networking, couldn't enter
    • System restore
    • Tried to fully format again so i thought "user profile sign in user profile cannot be loaded" error will go away, but at 34% Undoing Changes text came and formatting stopped and went back to "user profile sign in user profile cannot be loaded" screen like before.

Any help is appreciated! black screen and cursor hang after creating any new user profile - main profile works OK :)

(Sorry if my English is wrong)

Ros4beth, Mar 19, 2023
  4. black screen and cursor hang after creating any new user profile - main profile works OK

Temporary profile - unable to create new user profile

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forum.

I understand your concern, we will assist you with this.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to activate/enable the account.

1. Open Run Command (Windows button + R) from the account that you are able to access.

2. In the dialog box type, lusrmgr.msc

3. This will open a window, click on "Users"
    from the left navigation pane.

4. Spot and click on the user account name that you have disable and then select "Properties"

5. Then click on the uncheck box "Account is Disabled".

6. Click on "Apply" and then
    "OK".

Step 1: After enabling Built-in admin, Run SFC scan.

Perform System File Checker (sfc) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Step 2:

After that, Please perform Microsoft Safety Scanner to scan your computer for infections.

I suggest you to login to safe mode with networking and perform Microsoft Safety scanner to remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.

To enter into Safe Mode in Windows 10, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode or
      Safe Mode with Networking
      (depending on whether you think you’ll need the Internet).

Refer the link below to download the Microsoft Safety scanner

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Anti-Virus Disclaimer:

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential
    for data loss.

Method 2:
    From Built in administrator account create a new user account and transfer the profile data.

To create a new user account, follow the steps and check:

1. Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select Control Panel.

2. Select System and Security and then System.

3. Click Advanced System Settings.

4. Under User Profiles, click Settings.

5. Select the profile you want to copy.

6. Click Copy to, and then enter the name of, or browse to, the profile you want to overwrite. This will usually be in C:\Users\username, where username is the name of the profile to which you are copying.

7. Click Permitted to use, and then add all user accounts to which you want to give full profile control.

8. Click OK.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

black screen and cursor hang after creating any new user profile - main profile works OK

1. black screen and cursor hang after creating any new user profile - main profile works OK - Similar Threads - black screen cursor

2. Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile: The original issue - O365 web based Outlook. When attaching a file the file attachment doesn't complete before stalling and disappearing. These are small PDF, text files. No limits are being reached. Mailbox is at 27% full.Windows 10 ProIt is suspected that the profile is...
  3. black screen and cursor hang after creating any new user profile - main profile works OK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen and cursor hang after creating any new user profile - main profile works OK: when i create any new profile, admin or regular user, by any method, after a very long setup, when you go to login it is black screen and cursor. task manager shows appdeploymentservice as taking up alot of CPU resource. Seems stuck somehow..but what? My main profile works...
  4. black screen with cursor during reinstalling windows, "user profile sign in user profile...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen with cursor during reinstalling windows, "user profile sign in user profile...: Yesterday I formatted my pc and when windows 10 was reinstalling, cursor with black screen appeared and didn't go away. I clicked "ctrl+alt+del" to restart my pc and when it turned on "user profile sign in user profile cannot be loaded" screen came. Every time I enter my...
  5. black screen with cursor during reinstalling windows, "user profile sign in user profile...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen with cursor during reinstalling windows, "user profile sign in user profile...: Yesterday I formatted my pc and when windows 10 was reinstalling, cursor with black screen appeared and didn't go away. I clicked "ctrl+alt+del" to restart my pc and when it turned on "user profile sign in user profile cannot be loaded" screen came. Every time I enter my...
  6. black screen with cursor during reinstalling windows, "user profile sign in user profile...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. User Service Profile Cannot be Loaded-New profile created

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Service Profile Cannot be Loaded-New profile created: My child is not able to login to his account, received the User Service profile cannot be loaded message. I have performed disk cleanup, restarted laptop numerous, ran in safety mode several times still received same result. Created a brand new profile for my child, restarted...
  8. Creating User Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating User Profile: hey, it is possible to create another user account with admin privileges but not being able to delete another admin user account? if so, how? windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-user-profile/14a0ba41-d9f0-4696-843a-c6788a0fb8a8
  9. Every Profile Hangs At Black Screen After Creator's Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Every Profile Hangs At Black Screen After Creator's Update: Hey guys I just got done installing the Creator's Update and whenever I log in to any profile it just hangs at a black screen with a dialog saying "Preparing to delete from Programs" along with "Discovered 0 items (0 bytes...). It's done it on both local and active directory...
  10. "User Profile profile service failed sign in" - can't create new user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "User Profile profile service failed sign in" - can't create new user: Hi all. Recently upgraded to W10 from 8.1 and am now trying to create a new profile for my partner. I am able to create it so that it appears in the Accounts section and on the login page but when I try to login with it I get the error: user profile profile service failed...