Windows 10: black screen and dead motherboard maybe corrupt hdd how do i get windows 10 home in new...

Discus and support black screen and dead motherboard maybe corrupt hdd how do i get windows 10 home in new... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 home on my laptop lenovo it was a free upgrade from windows 8.1 I started having a problem last month with a blue screen message stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by moLatrouci, Jan 16, 2020.

1. black screen and dead motherboard maybe corrupt hdd how do i get windows 10 home in new...

I have Windows 10 home on my laptop lenovo it was a free upgrade from windows 8.1 I started having a problem last month with a blue screen message stop code: KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION and it shut down and rebooted by itself and it happen multiple times.

my windows 10 set for automatic update and I did get an update about a month ago as well then a week a ago when I turned on my laptop I get a message taskhostw.exe high CPU 99 % and I tried to find a solution online where many forums talked about virus I tried to reset the bios and reinstall windows but I couldn't access bios setting from recovery and from F2 F12 after few days spent hours online for a solution I didn't find any solution

I removed the main battery the bios battery and press off button for 20-30 seconds to try a reset but when turned on the laptop again I got black screen light on camera start button the fan works the hard drive spins and tested the RAM ok and tried external screen via VGA nothing.

The results is a dead motherboard from a high temperature and maybe a corrupt hard drive I put the details that might help others to avoid this happen.

My issue now is how to install windows in a new SSD and new motherboard that I ordered and will I get back my free copy of windows or I install windows 8.1 again?

NB: I using a friend laptop sorry if I can't back to you sooner please any help will be highly appreciated.

:)

moLatrouci, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Black screen after trying to reset back to factory settings. (Windows 10)

Hi Simen,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with black screen issue on Windows 10 . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or display driver is corrupt.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "reset my computer back to factory settings", are you referring that you have tried to perform rolling back to previous Operating System or performed Reset of Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see Windows 10 logo when you switch on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting on black screen related issues and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on black screen issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 16, 2020
  4. black screen and dead motherboard maybe corrupt hdd how do i get windows 10 home in new...

Windows 10 Black Screen, No Cursor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please follow the below suggestion and check if that helps.

If you see the black screen only
    after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
    If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps.

Perform SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to scan your system
    files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833 ( Applies to Windows 10 as well).

I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press
      Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

black screen and dead motherboard maybe corrupt hdd how do i get windows 10 home in new...

1. black screen and dead motherboard maybe corrupt hdd how do i get windows 10 home in new... - Similar Threads - black screen dead

2. OS corrupt?? Maybe??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OS corrupt?? Maybe??: Hey I was completely wipe my computer cause I got it second hand and it ran so slowly so it was going through the process when the charger came unplugged and it died instantly and now when I turn it on and it brings up the login screen it shuts off how can I fix this???...
  3. Dead HDD with windows 10. Will not start. Want to install SSD to replace Dead HDD. How...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dead HDD with windows 10. Will not start. Want to install SSD to replace Dead HDD. How...: I have a Dell Laptop that had the HDD WIn 10 Pro crash the other day. When I put a new SSD in the Computer it finds it and wants to install. If I do that how will I get it activated without being able to access the old HDD? This computer was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from...
  4. New HDD possibly Dead On Arrival.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New HDD possibly Dead On Arrival.: I don't know if this is the right sub for this question, so please direct me to the right place if it's not. I bought an internal 6 TB IronWolf HDD for my family's Windows 10 computer. I ordered it from Newegg with fast processing and 2-day shipping. It arrived today and I...
  5. Corrupted Bios & New Motherboard ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupted Bios & New Motherboard ?: Hi to All, I need some help pertaining to the bios on my Gigabyte MB GA-Z77-D3H (ver 1.0 ), I was playing around and now I can't get into my bios or boot up normally. I have tried everything I know or learned from this forum.. The pc boots searching for the bios and after...
  6. how do i get to my home screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do i get to my home screen?: how do i get to my home screen? I cannot open to my home screen as this is the only page I get! c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-to-my-home-screen/543c12e2-52e3-481d-b1a6-339d8f81be33
  7. Win 10 on dead hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 on dead hdd: Hi all .. i need some advice on my options please ... i have had windows 10 for a few years now but it was the free upgrade from my win 7 when 10 was released .. My hdd has died, i have 3 other hdd’s installed and the back up of “my computer” was on one of them the folder...
  8. New motherboard & HDD, but can't activate Windows10 Home from old HDD.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New motherboard & HDD, but can't activate Windows10 Home from old HDD.: So I upgraded my motherboard & bought a new NVMe HDD. I connected my old HDD as a secondary backup. So I signed in with my MS account when I was installing Windows 10 with the Media Creation Tool on the NVMe. Did the updates etc... It shows I need to activate Windows. I...
  9. Windows 10 home issue (maybe?)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 home issue (maybe?): Okay so i recently had to wipe my hard drive. When i reinstalled windows, everything ran perfectly fine, that is until i had to update windows since the version i have on a usb is about 2 years old. So once the update finished, weird things started, for one my computer would...
  10. PC Dead (maybe)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC Dead (maybe): OK over the last 2 months my pc has just shut down for no reason and the only way to get it to turn back on is to pull the plug from the wall and wait a few seconds. It has done this about 3 times. Last night playing ARK my game froze and the only way to get back to the...