Windows 10: Black Screen and Flashing Task Bar

Discus and support Black Screen and Flashing Task Bar in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have seen a few other posts about this but nothing that I have seen has helped, or at least not lasted long. So starting two days agoDecember 12,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FaTaL Mercenery, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Black Screen and Flashing Task Bar

I have seen a few other posts about this but nothing that I have seen has helped, or at least not lasted long. So starting two days agoDecember 12, when I turned my computer on it took an unusually long time to boot, but I finally reached the lock screen to input my password. After doing so, it unlocked and all I could see on both of my monitors was a black desktop with no icons and a flashing taskbar. The mouse had the loading symbol with it and clicking the windows home button in the bottom left corner did nothing. I was able to open task manager via pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete, but not much else. I was also able to log out when doing Ctrl+Alt+Delete, which is where this gets a little interesting. After logging out and then reinputting my password, it loads to my desktop perfectly fine, albeit after a longer than normal amount of time.

The problem is that I had to do this every single time, and I don't know if there is a bigger underlying issue. Even more interesting, I tried to isolate the issue, and so I disconnected all drives except my boot driveC drive and it booted perfectly fine. I reconnected my 2TB internal HDDD drive, still booted fine. I then reconnected my 2TB M.2 driveE drive and the problem occurred again.

The thing I tried and got to work had me turn off, unplug, press the power button several timesor hold, replug in, and power on. After this, it booted fine and ran the rest of the day fine. The next day, booted no problem. Today, two days after the initial problem, it has come back. I tried the whole cycle which I just explained to clear the CMOS battery, but this time it did not work.

My only real ideas of what it could be are something on my E drive got corrupted, but I don't know why it would cause something like this. I would really hate to format the drive as that would probably take a full day to reinstall a lot of things. The other idea is that I have been noticing some things here and there ever since I upgraded to new monitors, such as my computer randomly restarting, meaning screens go black and my computer goes through a reboot cycle. I went from two 21.5" 1920x1080 70Hz Acer monitors to two Gigabyte G27Q monitors27" 2560x1440 144Hz. I think thats a coincidence, but if anyone can say that might be the cause, I'd be interested to know.

Technical specs, if applicable:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - NZXT Kraken x72

MSI X570-A PRO

Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 64 OC Edition

32GB G.Skill Trident.z RGB 3200MHz CL16

250GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2TB Samsung 970Evo Plus, 2TB Seagate HDD

Corsair RM850x 80+ Gold

Whatever advice anyone can give, I would very much appreciate it as this is very annoying and I can't think of anything too specific about other issues whcih are occurring alongside this, but will update if anything else happens.

:)

FaTaL Mercenery, Dec 14, 2020

2. black screen then blue the task bar Flashing

Hi... when I started my laptop it goes to the screen where I put my pin in then it goes to a black screen then blue the task bar at the bottom flashes and arrow no icon when I clicked on the windows icon in the task bar it say something bout the program
    is not there ... it worked fine yesterday but been really slow starting up!!! I'm doing the diagnostic in the bios ...what shoul i do?????

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

ArthurWait, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Andy71xq Win User
    Windows 10 black screen and flashing task bar

windows 10 performed auto critical update on May 4 2017. after I sign in it goes to a black screen with flashing curser and task bar. I have usb key board and cant select safe mode after rebooting to trouble shoot. can get to task manager and run commands
    and open and run chrome

Andy71xq, Dec 14, 2020
  4. jds63 Win User

Black Screen and Flashing Task Bar

Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Black Screen and Flashing Task Bar

1. Black Screen and Flashing Task Bar - Similar Threads - Black Screen Flashing

2. Screen is black but task bar shows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen is black but task bar shows: A friend gave me a computer he wasn't using anymore but I can't get it to workThe computer turns on but the screen is black, only showing the taskbar. I can open apps from the taskbar but can't make them show up on my screen.When I boot it into safe mode however everything...
  3. Screen is black but task bar shows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen is black but task bar shows: A friend gave me a computer he wasn't using anymore but I can't get it to workThe computer turns on but the screen is black, only showing the taskbar. I can open apps from the taskbar but can't make them show up on my screen.When I boot it into safe mode however everything...
  4. Screen is black but task bar shows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Task bar and cursor flashing on a black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task bar and cursor flashing on a black screen: submitted by /u/Punic_tat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkvath/task_bar_and_cursor_flashing_on_a_black_screen/
  6. Black screen with cursor and flashing task bar

Black screen with cursor and flashing task bar: Hello. I was using my laptop as usual, but suddenly, the wallpaper turned black and my task bar disappeared. Think restarting would help, I held the power button to turn it off, and I turned it back on. I noticed my custom cursor was changed back to default. Weird. It had...
  7. flashing icons on task bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    flashing icons on task bar: task bar icons constantly moving on right side of screen - sound, internet, battery https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flashing-icons-on-task-bar/b05c5f50-03f1-4261-b029-e0e13be1dac2
  8. After Windows 10 update screen is black, task bar is almost empty and flashes repeatedly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows 10 update screen is black, task bar is almost empty and flashes repeatedly.: After Windows 10 update screen is black and task bar is empty except for Windows Icon, Cortona search field, and date, time and message icon. Task bar flashes repeatedly and system does not respond to mouse click....
  9. Flashing screen and task bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Flashing screen and task bar.: After turning on my computer, the desktop comes up.for.about 30 seconds and then the screen goes black and the taskbar at the bottom flashes constantly. I am able to pull up the task manager but because the computer is refreshing about every 3 seconds it is extremely...
  10. Task bar flickers and screen flashes black

Task bar flickers and screen flashes black: a auto update happened and now when a domain user logs in the screen flashes and task bar flashes. If I log on to computer as local admin no issue Did DISM Did health Check Removed profile tried a user who never logged in works fine in safemode tried clean boot...