Windows 10: Black Screen and Freezing

Discus and support Black Screen and Freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Long after startup when my computer is just running applications will suddenly be Not Responding and the screen will go black, but does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Silas Sherburn, May 11, 2019.

1. Black Screen and Freezing

Hello

Long after startup when my computer is just running applications will suddenly be Not Responding and the screen will go black, but does eventually load.

:)

Silas Sherburn, May 11, 2019

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 11, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 11, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Black Screen and Freezing

Black Screen, Screen Flickers, Random Freezes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to update the Display drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    Refer the link below and check if it helps

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Black Screen and Freezing

1. Black Screen and Freezing - Similar Threads - Black Screen Freezing

2. Laptop freeze and then black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freeze and then black screen: I was using my laptop latitude 7280 right now and suddenly the screen froze and made a weird sound on my headset. I restarted my laptop but it is showings completely black screen. I restarted many times even with charger but nothing worked. I am not even able to enter safe...
  3. PC Freezing and black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Freezing and black screen: So, i've been getting these problems kinda alot these days, it started like 3 weeks ago when i had my online school, so basically anytime i launch a game, and also sometimes when i just start my computer, the screen freezes. After waiting like 20 seconds the screen goes...
  4. Constant freeze and black screening.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant freeze and black screening.: Fresh installed on two different ssd's. After I login I have about 5 or 10 seconds to make an action before it freezes, goes black for a few seconds, the gpu revs then comes back on and I have another couple of seconds to do something and rinse and repeat. It's almost...
  5. Freeze and black screen

Freeze and black screen: I got a new motherboard Mask b450 tomohawk max And I paired it with ryzen 3 1200, rx570 4gb Corsair vengeance lpx 2x8 3000mhz I used a fresh install of Windows using the tool Updated the pc and installed and updated every driver But be every now and again after about an hour...
  6. Freeze and Black Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze and Black Screen of Death: Hello community! I've recently build my new brand PC with the following components: - Gigabyte B450m DS3H Motherboard - Seasonic 620W 87% Efficiency 80+ Bronze (Jappanese Capacitors) PSU - Exceleram 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz Dual Channel RAM - AMD Ryzen 5 2600 CPU - AMD Rx 590 8 gb...
  7. Black screen and freezing problem

Black screen and freezing problem: Hello, I was doing my work on my laptop, and after once my laptop shows black screen and freezed. I did force shutdown processfor it. And after start again my laptop, VLC media player was crashed. Why its happening? I am really worrying about my laptop....
  8. Black screen and freezes?

Black screen and freezes?: Other day was playing a game and all the sudden the screen went black and the keyboard froze. It was lit up but neither the numlock nor capslock would light up. Reset the computer and kept going into a boot loop. Was going to reinstall windows on a fresh install. Tried...
  9. Windows freeze then black screen

Windows freeze then black screen: Hi, Since yesterday, Windows (x64 Pro) keeps freezing with a black screen while gaming (I have to do a forced restart or shutdown), at random intervals of time, sometimes I can play for about 5 minutes, other times for about 40 minutes, other times for even more. Until...
  10. Black screen freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen freeze: When I launch a game I have to wait like a minute until it launches after that a black screen appears, no sound and i cant do anything. I tried pressing windows key l, alt tabbing, ctrl+alt+delete, alt+f4 nothing helps only power button. I have all the latest drivers, did a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black screen freez after a while from startup

2. cseen freezes black