Windows 10: Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy

Discus and support Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I just installed a 2060, that my dad had for a while about 2 years since he got a 3060 ti. It was going smooth for about a month when my screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChickenX, Apr 30, 2022.

1. ChickenX Win User

Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy

So I just installed a 2060, that my dad had for a while about 2 years since he got a 3060 ti. It was going smooth for about a month when my screen started turning black and the fans would go crazy. I would have to force my computer to shut down when that happens. I have the most recent drives and windows updates, and that fixed it for about 2 days. But then it came back today the day im writing this and so ive decided I need some more help. This all started happening when I used balenaEtcher to flash ubuntu_22.04 onto a usb drive so I could use the try option to see how it looks since ive

:)

ChickenX, Apr 30, 2022
  2. Ztruker Win User

Black Screen, GPU Fan 100% When Playing Games

I would suggest going back to at least the October version:

Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy [​IMG]

Ztruker, Apr 30, 2022
  3. Black Screen, GPU Fan 100% When Playing Games

Hey all,

I have had an issue for the last few months, specifically when trying to play Rocket League, where between 5-20 minutes into playing, both of my monitors will go black and my GPU fan will kick to 100%. I can't remember if this coincided with any NVIDIA driver updates, but any subsequent updates have not helped. I am currently running the latest NVIDIA driver version (441.66).

Here are some of the troubleshooting steps that I have taken for this:

• RAM
    • Ran Memtest64 overnight, ensuring that 100% RAM utilization. No errors were returned.
    • Reseated the RAM, blowing out the slots to ensure no blockages.
    • Tested different memory slots on the board.
    • Swapped out RAM with new RAM from Microcenter, no improvements.
    • RAM was originally OC'd to 3200 MHz via XMP. I turned this off and the RAM is running at stock speeds listed above.
    • BIOS
    • Updated BIOS to the latest version
    • Performed a Clean Boot and attempted to play. Game still crashed out within the first match or so.
    • GPU
    • Updated all drivers
    • Updated drivers, including a complete DDU uninstall/reinstall.
    • Swapped power cables from the PSU
    • Moved GPU to lower PCI-E slot
    • Reseated the GPU, blowing out the slot after reseating
    • Deleted the video driver from Control Panel
    • Storage
    • Ran chkdsk with no errors
    • Ran defragmentation on the HDD and Trim on the SSDs
    • Ran sfc /scannow with no issues
    • Game Files
    • Ran validator on game files (as a note here, after one crash, I ran the validator and it corrected one file. However, I played a game immediately after and crashed. Running the validator after that crash had no files fixed)
    • Installed the game on all three storage devices

I have attached the BSOD logs. Please assist!

bmduffy2020, Apr 30, 2022
  4. Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy

Black Screen, GPU Fan 100% When Playing Games

Hey - I will work on the BIOS update here in the next few minutes, but I have not found moving to 42a to be helpful in the past. Here are the other answers to your questions:

a) Try later and/or earlier drivers
    • I have tried the stock driver with the 1080 after a display driver resintall, the earliest patch available on NVIDIAs site, as well as the latest. None of those 3 have remedied the problem.

b) Measure the GPU's temperatures at idle and under load
    • Temps never exceed 70C. Most of the time, RL crashes out before temps can even build. 70C can be seen in COD and other games as well.

c) Ensure the GPU is free from dust build up and that the fan is working correctly
    • Both fans are spinning problem and the stock fan curve is active, as I can hear it ramp during COD. No dust buildup.

d) Re-seat the GPU and check all connections are securely made
    • I have reseated the card in the top PCI-E slot multiple times, as well as moved it to the lower port as well. No improvement.

e) Check PSU voltages in BIOS
    Here are the voltages that were available in my BIOS:
    • CPU VCORE: 1.428-1.512V
    • CPU VDDP: .9V-.912V
    • DRAM Channel: 1.212-1.214V
    • +3.3V: 3.264V
    • +5V: 5.010V
    • +12V: 12.168V
    • VCORE SOC: .888V
    Not sure if any of these are out of range or abnormal.
    f) Try a different card in the system
    • I have had the original Classified for ~2 years that I RMA'd, so there have been two different GPUs producing this issue. Both have been CLASSIFIED 1080s.

bmduffy2020, Apr 30, 2022
Thema:

Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy

1. Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy - Similar Threads - Black Screen gpu

2. PC's fans going crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC's fans going crazy: My fans are blaring loud even when im using simple tasks like file explorer or opening a word document. If I open any games, it just sounds like im next to a jet engine.My CPU temps are quite normal 30-50 During gaming it spikes to 80-90 but i think thats quite normal...This...
  3. PC's fans going crazy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC's fans going crazy: My fans are blaring loud even when im using simple tasks like file explorer or opening a word document. If I open any games, it just sounds like im next to a jet engine.My CPU temps are quite normal 30-50 During gaming it spikes to 80-90 but i think thats quite normal...This...
  4. PC's fans going crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. !HELP - Monitors go black and GPU fan go to 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    !HELP - Monitors go black and GPU fan go to 100%: So has above-mentioned, during use, eventually after X amount of time, both monitors will go black but not show the no signal found and GPU fan go to 100%. GPU temperature at that moment are around 66 Celsius highest recorded temperature . I sent it for RMA and the...
  6. Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy: So I just installed a 2060, that my dad had for a while about 2 years since he got a 3060 ti. It was going smooth for about a month when my screen started turning black and the fans would go crazy. I would have to force my computer to shut down when that happens. I have the...
  7. Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy: So I just installed a 2060, that my dad had for a while about 2 years since he got a 3060 ti. It was going smooth for about a month when my screen started turning black and the fans would go crazy. I would have to force my computer to shut down when that happens. I have the...
  8. Fan going crazy . . .

in Windows 10 Support
    Fan going crazy . . .: Hi: My ASUS laptop fan has gone crazy lately. It runs wide open for a half a minute or more then shuts down to an idle, then goes up full blast again after a half a minute or so. It never ramps up or down, it's either idling or wide open. A complete restart doesn't help....
  9. pc crashes and my gpu fans go crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc crashes and my gpu fans go crazy: I have had this problem for a while now and I seem to have tried to fix it every single way possible wirhout buying a new gpu or cpu. What happens is that my computer would be running fine and not overheating. Then it would crash to a black screen where I would have to...
  10. Sleep Mode is not working properly, gpu fans go crazy.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode is not working properly, gpu fans go crazy.: Hello, I did a clean install months ago, and since then, sleep mode isn't working as it's should be. What happens is that when I click "Sleep" my monitor, keyboard, and mouse would be turned off while pc is still working and my gpu fans would go crazy. And even clicking on...