Windows 10: Black screen and infinite reboot loop after the latest Windows Update

Discus and support Black screen and infinite reboot loop after the latest Windows Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the latest Windows Update I get a black screen. There is no splash logo or anything - the screen is completely black at all times. When powered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GoodOldSlonny, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Black screen and infinite reboot loop after the latest Windows Update

After the latest Windows Update I get a black screen. There is no splash logo or anything - the screen is completely black at all times. When powered on the computer starts up, then I can hear after 17 seconds (I timed it) that it reboots, and the process repeats endlessly.

At no stage do I see anything besides black on the screen.

If I mash some keys I can stop the infinite rebooting, perhaps because I enter a BIOS screen or somesuch. But then I have no idea of what to do next, since I can't actually see what is going on.

I'm not sure if this is purely because of the update, or whether perhaps the computer lost power during the update, but I suspect the former.

:)

GoodOldSlonny, Oct 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite loop black screen reboot. Unable to Boot using Safe Mode.

Windows 10 infinite loop black screen reboot. On prompting instead of 'Advanced Setting's option I pressed the 'Continue' option. Even F8 Safe Mode is disabled for me. Need help in resolving this issue by getting into Safe Mode somehow.

SadhilKumar, Oct 2, 2019
  3. bwfc0907 Win User
    Infinite Reboot Loop

Had Windows 7 installed, upgraded to Windows 10.

Worked well & following a Microsoft update it went into an infinite reboot loop.

Tried to re-install 10 but no joy so wiped & tried Windows 7. I still have the infinite reboot loop.

When I do a clean install it goes through & works but then starts with the loop.

I tried to use repair but no joy.

I can boot using Safe Mode in 7.

I deleted some of the partitions before doing a clean install.

Any thoughts and help much appreciated.

bwfc0907, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Black screen and infinite reboot loop after the latest Windows Update

Windows 10 Infinite loop

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release_inmarket.161102-0100)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

I did a "Fresh" "Clean" "Install" of Windows 10 [see above for build]

I allowed the system to do whatever update it wanted to do. I reboot the machine. I waited to see what if any more updates were going to happen, Nothing. I did a disk defrag/optimize. Rebooted again. So I decided to install the latest AMD Radeon Crimson
    drivers. The machine started the process and after about a minute the screen went black and nothing. I waited for about 3 minutes and again nothing. So I reboot the machine by pressing the restart button. Then "Infinite Loop" I waited about 10 minutes and
    same loop coninuted. I rebooted again and the same. So I did a system restore. And tried again and the same thing happens over again.

Just what is the problem here with these infinite loops.

radeonrules, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Black screen and infinite reboot loop after the latest Windows Update

1. Black screen and infinite reboot loop after the latest Windows Update - Similar Threads - Black screen infinite

2. infinite reboot loop after factory reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    infinite reboot loop after factory reset?: i tried to factory reset my pc and it keeps going from 68% to 89% and it does that infinitely is there any way to cancel it and just get it to roll back or something please help....
  3. infinite reboot loop after factory reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    infinite reboot loop after factory reset?: i tried to factory reset my pc and it keeps going from 68% to 89% and it does that infinitely is there any way to cancel it and just get it to roll back or something please help....
  4. Stuck on infinite reboot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on infinite reboot loop: Please help, My pc is stuck on an infinite reboot loop every time I open the pc it gets into a crash and restart loop. The weird thing is that everytime when automatic repair appears it’s followed by “please wait while we install a system update” for a brief second then it...
  5. Stuck on infinite reboot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on infinite reboot loop: Please help, My pc is stuck on an infinite reboot loop every time I open the pc it gets into a crash and restart loop. The weird thing is that everytime when automatic repair appears it’s followed by “please wait while we install a system update” for a brief second then it...
  6. Stuck on infinite reboot loop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Pc on startup infinite loop black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc on startup infinite loop black screen: Hello, I have encountered an issue with my computer where it is on an infinite black loading screen after a failed automatic systems repair. SpecsUnfortunately I have little to no knowledge about computer specs, but this is a desktop bought from Digital Storm. StoryI started...
  8. Windows infinite reboot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows infinite reboot loop: Hey all, I have an issue with a PC I am working on where it is almost stuck in an infinite loop. PC was factory reset and now it has a windows update that starts at 65% then will get up to about 90% and then restart on what seems to be an infinite loop. Anyone know a...
  9. Infinite Reboot Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Infinite Reboot Loop: Had Windows 7 installed, upgraded to Windows 10. Worked well & following a Microsoft update it went into an infinite reboot loop. Tried to re-install 10 but no joy so wiped & tried Windows 7. I still have the infinite reboot loop. When I do a clean install it goes...
  10. Infinite loop on shutdown after updating (latest RTM build)

in Windows 10 Support
    Infinite loop on shutdown after updating (latest RTM build): Hi there after updating I find I get a message similar to this -- Please wait - Windows is performing some functions -- this happens when I shutdown the computer. However the process goes on indefinitely (i.e doesn't complete) until I forceably switch off the machine....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what to fo on system 32 screen to reboot