Windows 10: black screen and task manager cuts out

Discus and support black screen and task manager cuts out in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After logging in with my PIN more on that later I get black screen with a cursor. Following multiple threads about possible fixes refresh screen:... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by fletcherburchett, Aug 5, 2020.

1. black screen and task manager cuts out

After logging in with my PIN more on that later I get black screen with a cursor. Following multiple threads about possible fixes refresh screen: "windows+ctrl+shift+B" = no luck and when I get task manager open it immediately disappears as soon as I click anything. I was left to try "safe mode" or "reset" or "restore". The problem with all of these is I have to use a password instead of my PIN and I've only been using PIN for over a year and can't figure out the password. I thought my admin login was through a microsoft account but even after resetting my microsoft account password it keeps saying I don't have the correct password. Can anybody suggest a next step? I'm willing to reinstall windows and even lose personal files if necessary but can't seem to make any option work.

:)

fletcherburchett, Aug 5, 2020
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Aug 5, 2020
  3. jds63 Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Aug 5, 2020
  4. black screen and task manager cuts out

Task Manager Black Screen

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I apologize for the delay.

If you are still facing this issue, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

Update the graphic card driver by following the steps below.

1. Press
    Windows key + X and click on Device manager.

2. Expand
    Display Driver from the list.

3. Right click on the Graphic driver and select
    update driver software

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

black screen and task manager cuts out

1. black screen and task manager cuts out - Similar Threads - black screen task

2. black task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black task manager: HiMy task manager has black background which prevent me to clearly see menus.how to change it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-task-manager/f2226f09-2533-4de9-abe5-dc6b83178a33
  3. black task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black task manager: HiMy task manager has black background which prevent me to clearly see menus.how to change it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-task-manager/f2226f09-2533-4de9-abe5-dc6b83178a33
  4. Black Screen Problem with no Task Manager Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen Problem with no Task Manager Access: I have a black screen problem I cannot solve. I have a HPE-450t tower running Windows 10 that has run fine for years. I recently went away for two months and shut down the PC before I left. When I returned, upon startup, I got a black screen. I used Ctl-Alt-Del to reboot...
  5. Black screen with visible mouse but no Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with visible mouse but no Task Manager: I got home today, booted my laptop and went to make myself something to eat. I was surprised that 15 min later, my laptop still wasn't really on. I moved the mouse and I saw that it was shown on the screen but nothing else was being displayed. I force shutdown the laptop and...
  6. Black screen with visible mouse but no Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with visible mouse but no Task Manager: I got home today, booted my laptop and went to make myself something to eat. I was surprised that 15 min later, my laptop still wasn't really on. I moved the mouse and I saw that it was shown on the screen but nothing else was being displayed. I force shutdown the laptop and...
  7. Black screen with visible mouse but no Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Black screen after login, no task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen after login, no task manager: After login in my account, I get a black screen. If I click with my mouse the cursor shows. I have already pressed ctrl+alt+delete, ctrl+shift+esc but the task manager doesnt open. I have pressed Windows+ctrl+shift+B the screen refresh but still black. I have to wait some...
  9. Screen flickering black but task manager is not

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen flickering black but task manager is not: Before logging onto my account on my laptop there is no flickering or any issues. However once logged in the screen flashes black every 10 sec seconds or so and my laptop is unusable. The taskbar/any application is unresponsive except for task manager. Through here I was able...
  10. Windows black screen no task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows black screen no task manager: I was on my laptop and i logged out when i logged in i got a black screen with a cursor i tried to open the task manager but it didn't open i tried pressing Ctrl alt del but it didnt work i inserted a bootable flash and tried resetting it didn't i tried every possible...