Windows 10: Black screen appear when playing game

Discus and support Black screen appear when playing game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I play Minecraft, Horizon Zero Dawn,... I tested all of my games. Like 20 games But they all have the same issue, black screen. Back to 2 days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TrungHoàng Hữu, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Black screen appear when playing game

When I play Minecraft, Horizon Zero Dawn,... I tested all of my games. Like 20 games

But they all have the same issue, black screen.

Back to 2 days ago, I received an update for Windows 10 Pro. My PC still fine. I got GTX 1060 6GB VRAM, up-to-dated.

I updated all of my drivers. When I open a game, playing it for 3 minutes but the black screen appear and gone, multiple times.

I got 2 screen, but only the main screen that I use for play games turn to black. I use OBS Studio at the 2nd screen, when the main screen black, OBS can still record it OBS set to GPU render. So I think Graphic cards it's not the problem.

Updated: Done

Restart the computer: Done

Check the HDMI input: Done

VGA input 2nd screen: Done

BIOS: UEFI

Windows 10 Pro x64, 64 bit

NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GBVRAM

1st screen input type: HDMI

2nd screen input type: VGA

Intel core i5-7500 3.40GHz

BaseBoard Manufacturer: Amirican Megatrends

Yes, I'm a producer

See more in the picture

Black screen appear when playing game c460a6cb-c789-4455-9cbf-ce1486841048?upload=true.png Black screen appear when playing game 29233d17-81cf-4caf-abb5-04ea797369e0?upload=true.png

:)

TrungHoàng Hữu, Oct 30, 2020

2. Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Black Screen, GPU Fan 100% When Playing Games

I would suggest going back to at least the October version:

Black screen appear when playing game [​IMG]

Ztruker, Oct 30, 2020
  4. TODO5 Win User

Black screen appear when playing game

Black Screen While Playing A Game.

Hello, My pc is experiencing a problems these 5 days, which is a 'black screen' while playing a game the whole screen goes black, and the only cure to this is to restart pc, but it still goes black when I play a game again. [behind the black screen there
    is still playing the audio, and there is no cursor]. I want to find out whats the problem.

TODO5, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Black screen appear when playing game

1. Black screen appear when playing game - Similar Threads - Black screen appear

2. Black Screen of Death when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen of Death when playing games: Hello, I need some help after it happens for months and I still haven't found a proper fix for it yet.So when I play some certain games, the game will freeze after a while and the monitor will lost the connection and turned on Power Saving Mode, sometimes the pc will restart...
  3. Black Screen of Death when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen of Death when playing games: Hello, I need some help after it happens for months and I still haven't found a proper fix for it yet.So when I play some certain games, the game will freeze after a while and the monitor will lost the connection and turned on Power Saving Mode, sometimes the pc will restart...
  4. Black Screen of Death when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen appears when playing sunset overdrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen appears when playing sunset overdrive: Hello I seem to be having an issue on windows 10 gamepass version of Sunset overdriveIssue: The game becomes stuck at a blackscreen no matter what; I was playing it earlier with no issues but at some point it crashed when I was away from my pc and this happens not even a...
  6. Black screen appears when playing sunset overdrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen appears when playing sunset overdrive: Hello I seem to be having an issue on windows 10 gamepass version of Sunset overdriveIssue: The game becomes stuck at a blackscreen no matter what; I was playing it earlier with no issues but at some point it crashed when I was away from my pc and this happens not even a...
  7. screen going black when playing games

screen going black when playing games: screen keeps going black playing games roblox,minecraft,valorant ive asked this before an d got no help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-going-black-when-playing-games/2d1976c0-7fe0-45ba-8a8b-8911f2df4db8
  8. Black Screen when loading or playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen when loading or playing games: I have had a pc for a few months now and haven't had many problems. But a couple nights ago I started to get a black screen when playing games. I ignored it at first but then it got worse and I couldn't even load up a game. I factory reset my pc and tried to play a game again...
  9. Black screen when playing games on fullscreen.

Black screen when playing games on fullscreen.: Hi, i ve recently bought a new PC and i can t play the games in fullscreen becouse of random blackscreens.I get these blackscreen whenever the frames are changing too much (going into inventory/menu/options/in match) PC SPEC: Ryzen 5 2600 RX 580 8GB VRAM 8GB RAM 600W...
  10. Black Screen when playing games - W10Pro

Black Screen when playing games - W10Pro: Hello, So I have been getting than issue where my screen goes black after playing games and the only way to restore it's state is by pressing power button and then restarting the system. This issue started after the April 2018 big Update. I have uninstall and reinstall my...