Windows 10: Black screen around Search box window when opening using gestures

Discus and support Black screen around Search box window when opening using gestures in Cortana to solve the problem; Whenever I turn on my laptop and use touchpad gesture to open search box. The search appears larger than normal and also there is black screen around... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Suvab, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Suvab Win User

Black screen around Search box window when opening using gestures

Whenever I turn on my laptop and use touchpad gesture to open search box. The search appears larger than normal and also there is black screen around the search box.

Black screen around Search box window when opening using gestures b08d694b-cd31-470d-a1eb-fa94c26630f8?upload=true.png

But if I open search from start button and then again if I use gestures to open it, then it works as normal.

My specifications:

Ryzen 5 3500u with integrated graphics only.

Driver: Radeon Software 19.16.10.06

Windows 10 2004

Note: I have also tried it after updating to the latest graphics driver too but the problem still pertains.

:)

Suvab, Dec 29, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Dec 29, 2020
  3. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 29, 2020
  4. JohnHeinz Win User

Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Black screen around Search box window when opening using gestures - Similar Threads - Black screen around

2. Black box around Chinese IME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black box around Chinese IME: Self explanatory.Any way to fix this?Same thhing on black bg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-box-around-chinese-ime/d4e90fff-ae15-4a6d-9c1a-2c0368700a40
  3. Black box around Chinese IME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black box around Chinese IME: Self explanatory.Any way to fix this?Same thhing on black bg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-box-around-chinese-ime/d4e90fff-ae15-4a6d-9c1a-2c0368700a40
  4. Black screen when opening the search tab in Windows 10.

Black screen when opening the search tab in Windows 10.: I've bought a new laptop for school, but whenever I try to open the search bar, it becomes tall as the screen and the rest of the screen goes black shown in picture below.It may be because of Rainmeter, but all possible solutions are accepted....
  5. Black screen when opening the search tab in Windows 10.

in Cortana
    Black screen when opening the search tab in Windows 10.: I've bought a new laptop for school, but whenever I try to open the search bar, it becomes tall as the screen and the rest of the screen goes black shown in picture below.It may be because of Rainmeter, but all possible solutions are accepted....
  6. Black box around jpg thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black box around jpg thumbnails: Installed a new PC a couple weeks ago. Windows 11.For some reason, all of my thumbnail JPGs have a black box around them.Everything is updated.Need some advice on how to fix this. Thanks....
  7. Black box around jpg thumbnails

Black box around jpg thumbnails: Installed a new PC a couple weeks ago. Windows 11.For some reason, all of my thumbnail JPGs have a black box around them.Everything is updated.Need some advice on how to fix this. Thanks....
  8. Black Search box

in Cortana
    Black Search box: Hi, when I try to search in the top box of Explorer, the text turns black and nothing is clear! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-search-box/88f815d4-d96f-4ef8-bb11-78715b57cf32
  9. The screen-gobbling huge black box that opens when I put my cursor in the search box.

in Cortana
    The screen-gobbling huge black box that opens when I put my cursor in the search box.: How do I get rid of this monstrosity that showed up with the last update? It covers a quarter of my screen and is totally useless. What idiot designed something to tell me things I already know like the last few apps I used? Dumb. DUMB....
  10. Black Box around mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Box around mouse cursor: I have an employee remoting into their office computer from home using the Remote Desktop Connection. For the first couple of weeks, things seemed fine, but today he started having a black box encompass his mouse cursor. I've been helping him all day but I cannot find a...