Windows 10: Black Screen at boot up or reboot workes after sleep

Discus and support Black Screen at boot up or reboot workes after sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not even sure where to post this. A Dell Dimension n5050 laptop with i3 and 6gb memory. Upgraded from a fresh install of 7. works great until it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mohave PC, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Mohave PC Win User

Black Screen at boot up or reboot workes after sleep

Not even sure where to post this. A Dell Dimension n5050 laptop with i3 and 6gb memory. Upgraded from a fresh install of 7. works great until it is rebooted or a cold startup. I get a black screen with just a back light and no cursor. Now here's the weird part. If I press the power button which is set to sleep and let it go into full sleep then press the power button to wake it up I get the log in screen and it runs fine. I can set it to sleep and or hibernate with no issue. Only occurs from a cold start or reboot.

I have replaced the win 10 vid driver with the win 8 from dell and it still does it. I did a full removal of the old vid drivers in safe mode (that was a adventure in upon itself) then installed the seven drivers. The issue persists. I get no errors listed in any of the logs so I have pretty much ruled out Vid drivers.

I Did a clean install from usb following the instructions on here. Guess what? the issue persists. just not sure what to make of this. I passed all the hardware requirements and Dell said the win 10 driver built in for the Intel HD chip is fine so there are no 10 video drivers from them. So I have tried the original win 7 drivers from Dell, win 8 drivers from Dell and the 10 drivers from MS.

so long story short I am at a loss here, I cannot seem to find a hardware issue so it points to drivers? I don't know. Those here that know me know that I am quite competent and have very few issues I cannot resolve myself. This on is just an odd ball. I can understand and find black screen issues but this is not typical. Everything points to vid drivers. The issue is non-existent in 7 or 8 (did a test install of 8 to see).

:)

Mohave PC, Aug 23, 2015
  2. Gokul C J Win User

Windows 10 restarts upon closing the laptop lid

Thanks for the reply.

But I tried this and was not working.

Whenever the laptop is put into sleep mode (by closing the lid or by pressing power button once or by pressing the SLEEP button), the laptop reboots.

The issue still persists.

Also my version is Windows 10 Home Single Language. The boot screen goes black after the ASUS logo, and then after a while the windows loads up. This is also a new issue. Please help.

Gokul C J, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Defugalty Win User
    Windows 10 Boots into Sleep Mode!!!

After installing Windows 10 into my Dell Inspiron Laptop, it boots seemingly into sleep mode. The screen is blank, no cursor but is backlit. When I close the lid, then reopen it, the screen goes black and the fan stops ... as if it shut down. If I briefly
    touch the power button, it immediate shows the lock screen. I press the enter button and logon normally.

Following advice in other threads regarding booting into blank or black screen, I uninstalled the Intel HD Graphics 3000 driver and it rebooted normally ....just once. After one restart, it returned to booting into what seems to be sleep mode again! When
    I once again uninstall the graphics driver, it restarts normally...just once...and returns to the boot into sleep mode. So it appears that the driver or some power setting or some registry setting is messed up.

The threads on booting into black or blank screens has become so long and convoluted I can not decipher what is good advice. Perhaps someone who has actually solved my problem could offer me a solution? Thanks ...

POST SCRIPT: I subsequently found that my bios was outdated and after updating it boots up normally! Yeah!!!

Defugalty, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

Black Screen at boot up or reboot workes after sleep

1. Black Screen at boot up or reboot workes after sleep - Similar Threads - Black Screen boot

2. Black screen after boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after boot up: i have really big problem please help aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHello, Microsoft. I have a big question to ask you. You see, I own a Toshiba A665 laptop from 2010 running Windows 10, and it works really well, until just now. I was trying to open the Google Chrome browser, but it just...
  3. Black screen after boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after boot up: i have really big problem please help aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHello, Microsoft. I have a big question to ask you. You see, I own a Toshiba A665 laptop from 2010 running Windows 10, and it works really well, until just now. I was trying to open the Google Chrome browser, but it just...
  4. Black screen after boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. black screen after booting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen after booting up: my PC black screen after booting up, when i boot up my pc it takes about 40-50 second till my monitor is turn on and show some signal, after that the monitor just turn on and stuck on black screen, i have no visual on mouse cursor, and my keyboard didn't work too... i tried...
  6. black screen after booting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black screen after booting up: my PC black screen after booting up, when i boot up my pc it takes about 40-50 second till my monitor is turn on and show some signal, after that the monitor just turn on and stuck on black screen, i have no visual on mouse cursor, and my keyboard didn't work too... i tried...
  7. Black screen after booting up PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen after booting up PC: Had a game open on afk, went to check on it and my PC froze. I restarted and then it did an update and then it all went downhill. After booting up it goes straight into a black screen were I can still move the cursor but nothing else. Then after a couple minutes, it takes me...
  8. Laptop black screen after boot up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop black screen after boot up: When I turn my laptop on, after windows logo it is showing black screen even keyboard is not working at that time. Can anyone fix this issue asap? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-black-screen-after-boot-up/a6bd66ee-792e-4930-abef-8d58e0557cf8
  9. Windows black screen after booting up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows black screen after booting up: I'm using windows in mac book pro by dual boot and haven't encountered any error since 2 yrs . Yesterday night it said update and shutdown , so i did and went to bed . And today when i tried to switch on my mac , windows booted up and it shows blank screen and i don't know...
  10. After boot up black screen show

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After boot up black screen show: Hello Recently i uninstall avast antivirus from my leptop, After uninstalling process complete the next time i turn on my leptop i notice the blank black screen show for few second after show hp logo for this reason my leptop take long time to boot up i want know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black screen at boot up or reboot workes after sleep ...