Windows 10: Black screen before log-on and BSOD Safe mode

Discus and support Black screen before log-on and BSOD Safe mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have run into a problem where my pc won't boot instead showing a completely blank/black screen and no cursor before log-on. I am also unable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JakeEnnis, Jun 16, 2020.

1. JakeEnnis Win User

Black screen before log-on and BSOD Safe mode

Hello,

I have run into a problem where my pc won't boot instead showing a completely blank/black screen and no cursor before log-on. I am also unable to boot into Safe Mode as I get the Critical Process Died BSOD.

This occoured after a forced shutdown while my computer was restarting, I had left it for 2mins trying to restart which I assumed was long enough as my OS is installed on a NVME drive. Prior to this I was running cinebench r20 as I was tweaking my ring/cache clock.

Originally I could get into safemode and tried using DDU to strip my Nvidia graphics drivers from my system which didn't work. After which I disabled my Antivirus - BitDefender - which I had only recently switched to. This allowed me to boot into normal Windows 10 where after I tried reinstalling the Nvidia display drivers but got an error so I tried rebooting and at that point I was back at the Black screen. So again i tried to get into safe mode however now I am getting the Critical_Process_Died BSOD.

I'm not sure where to go from here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Windows 10 - 2004

Specs incase this helps -

CPU - i5 9600K 5.0GHz

GPU - GTX 1070

MOBO - Z390 GIGABYTE Gaming X

RAM - 24GB DDR4 2400MHz XMP

OS Drive - NVME M.2 SABRENT 256GB

:)

JakeEnnis, Jun 16, 2020
  2. jds63 Win User

Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Jun 16, 2020
  3. zplugger Win User

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jun 16, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

Put old hard drive with windows 7 back in computer and it booted Perfect. Put Windows 10 hard drive back in and same problem,goes to user log on OK then screen turns black. Left it on for a hour and still have black screen,but screen saver bubbles are working? Does the same thing thing in Safe Mode, think I need to roll back display driver. Don't know how to get there,I can get to task manager when on black screen. All suggestions are welcomed.

zplugger, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Black screen before log-on and BSOD Safe mode - Similar Threads - Black screen before

2. Black screen in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen in safe mode.: Hello everyone, I tried to reset my PC thru the settings, and I got the message 'The ProfSvc service failed to sign-in/User profile cannot be loaded' when I tried to log in to my PC after the reset. Then I tried to boot it into safe mode, but I got a black screen. After that,...
  3. Black screen in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen in safe mode.: Hello everyone, I tried to reset my PC thru the settings, and I got the message 'The ProfSvc service failed to sign-in/User profile cannot be loaded' when I tried to log in to my PC after the reset. Then I tried to boot it into safe mode, but I got a black screen. After that,...
  4. Black screen in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Black Screen Safe Mode not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen Safe Mode not working: My computer has the black screen of death after updating. I have tried every solution I have come across online and nothing has worked because I cant get into anything from safe mode. Yes I got into safe mode the proper way. When I’m in it, the screen is black except the...
  6. Black Screen Before Login, no safe mode, stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen Before Login, no safe mode, stuck: So I was on my laptop. My battery died. I recharged and turned on my computer and I got the windows logo, the spinning wheel with the cursor and a black screen with no login screen. Task manager doesn't work. No projector options. Restarted to advanced repair and safe...
  7. Black screen in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen in Safe Mode: Hello, I'm using Windows 10. I wanted to go to Safe Mode to solve some issues with Discord. I did so by pressing Restart while holding the Shift Key. The description says I should see a list with startup options. Instead, the screen is black and the monitor receives no...
  8. safe mode black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    safe mode black screen: Check your nearby greenback store, craft shop or garden center for little, decorative rocks to scatter on tables. It is apparent that the 104 LED cord on a waist higher shrub will lose the shrub in the midst of the lights. As we move towards a greener environment, the...
  9. safe mode black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    safe mode black screen: so yesterday I noticed that there was some sort of malware file popping up on my pc, so I decided to run msconfig to start the computer in safe mode and run malwarebytes to remove the malware. my computer restarted and the lights on the tower turned on just like normal,...
  10. Black Screen in Safe Mode only!

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen in Safe Mode only!: I am having trouble getting into safe mode, after I type my password, I get a black screen with nothing on it, the screen is lit up but black. It works in normal mode just not Safe Mode, I Googled 'Windows 10 Safe Mode black screen' but only results show telling you to go...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 black screen with cursor no task manager no safe mode