Windows 10: Black Screen before login in Windows 10 and other problems on every startup.

Discus and support Black Screen before login in Windows 10 and other problems on every startup. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am currently using Windows 10 Home (Version: 1809, Build: 17763.529) Laptop Model: Dell Inspiron i5559-4682SLV Signature Edition. The issue I am... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JohnLenin, Jun 11, 2019.

1. JohnLenin Win User

Black Screen before login in Windows 10 and other problems on every startup.

I am currently using Windows 10 Home (Version: 1809, Build: 17763.529)
    Laptop Model: Dell Inspiron i5559-4682SLV Signature Edition.

The issue I am facing with Windows 10 is: at every startup, I get a Black screen with cursor before login screen. I have to wait for 10 minutes and then after that it shows a normal login screen.

After login, I have the following issues:
    1) the WiFi doesn't work
    2) the keyboard doesn't work on Windows Apps and Start Menu
    3) Windows shows a notification: "Windows Firewall is turned off. Tap or click it to turn it on".

And no, it doesn't start on clicking on it.

So I found the following solutions online which I have to do at every startup:

1)Enabling keyboard on Windows Apps and start Menu:
    Win+R -> and then run: "C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe"

2)Fixing windows defender and WiFi
    Win+R -> and then run: "services.msc"
    and then enable the following services:

Windows Defender Firewall
    (Service name: mpssvc)

Task Scheduler
    (Service name: Schedul)

WLAN AutoConfig
    (Service name: WlanSvc)

(All these services do not start automatically on startup.)

This step fixes keyboard, WiFi and Windows Firewall problem. But I have to do these steps at every startup(and the black screen before Login Screen is never fixed, no matter what is done).

Note: All these services already have their startup type as: "Automatic", yet don't start automatically at startup.

How do I permanently fix this problem? I am not sure but I think all these problems started after the last update. I can't rollback to previous version of Windows because I updated it more than 10 days ago.

Things I've tried:
    1) "sfc /scannow" at cmd for checking Windows File Integrity. All OK.
    2) Disabling Cortana using registry(and then re-enabling it).
    3) Skipping the login screen using: netplwiz-> unchecking: "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer".
    4) Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B to wake the screen when it's black.
    5) Clean Boot(All issues still present).
    6) Updated graphics drivers and WiFi Drivers and also Updated Windows.
    7) Safe Mode with Networking(All issues still present).
    8) Removing Windows Hello login(All issues still present).
    9) Updated BIOS Firmware(current boot setting: UEFI Boot, Secure Mode: ON).
    10) Tried network reset(All issues still present).
    11) Tried "Restore Default Settings" in "Windows Defender Firewall Settings"(All issues still present).
    12) Checked hardisk for error using: "CHSKDSK /F" and "diskdrive get status" in CMD and everything was OK.
    13) Ran a full Scan using Windows Defender. No threats found.
    14) Tried using "Windows Update Troubleshooter" (Source)
    15) Tried using "Windows Firewall Troubleshooter" (Source)
    16) Both of the above tools could neither diagnose nor fix any issues.
    17) Tried Disabling WiFi device in Device Manager

Note: I have no pirated program installed.

So, please help me to fix this problem.

One more thing(if this helps): Recently I faced an issue wherein Windows Store Apps couldn't use the internet(Windows Store error code: 0x80131500). I was able to solve it using this Powershell command(Source):

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

(I mentioning this issue too because it may help in troubleshooting the other issues mentioned above.)

:)

JohnLenin, Jun 11, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - black screen with cursor after login

Hi WB,

I had a similar Black Screen problem I documented on this site and solved my problem.

The following may not help you but it fixed my problem.

MS responses in this forum are formulaic based upon keywords IMHO.

Try this:

• Login to Windows 10 and if you have a Black Screen, wait about 15 minutes (to be sure) before you get bored and decide to reboot. I've had the experience that after a MS software update that when the computer reboots, it sits there with a Black screen
      for a while. I've seen this a few times and if I walked away and come back 30-60 minutes later, it often is working.
    • Alternatively, (I've seen this several times), at the Black Screen: turn off your monitor and after a few seconds turn it back on. My display card ( an Nvidia variant I think ) sometimes has trouble upon boot. When I cycle the monitor off/on, the display
      comes up and works.
    • The following solution to a Black Screen problem was discovered after I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 8.1 (2 weeks later). MS had pushed some update which conflicted with a Startup program and then the startup list was aborted and the S/W was left in an
      unstable state. Try this:
      • After login and encountering Black Screen, try CTRL-ALT-DEL. This should bring up a menu (if windows is partially running and you don't have a display driver issue). If you get the menu, select Task Manager. This brought up a single white window in the
        middle of my black screen. Expand the window by dragging the corner and you should see the task list. If you do, proceed to the next step. Otherwise, bail out. This solution will not work for you.
      • Task Manager has now integrated the capabilities of the old msconfg.exe (if you remember that). Go to the Start Up tab and you should see a list of programs that will execute upon login. Most are enabled. Some may be disabled. Try disabling non-MS startup
        programs. Save and restart.
      • There is an element of educated guesswork here but for me this solved my problem and upon the next boot, I was able to see the desktop and navigate the menus.
      • If this works, your next task is to go back to Task Manager, Startup, and re-enable the entries you disabled one by one and reboot until you discover the offending program.
    I did not need to re-install Windows or re-install device drivers as seems to be the popular suggestions.

Hope some of this helps. Good luck.

SteveHirsch_Moorpark, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Black Screen before login in Windows 10 and other problems on every startup.

Black screen in windows 10 on startup

Hi Willu,

Getting a black screen on startup may imply a problem with the display adapter, having an outdated driver, or could be that it was just finalizing the recent upgrade. To help sort out and address this problem, we suggest that you follow the steps provided
    in the link,
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Please update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Black Screen before login in Windows 10 and other problems on every startup.

1. Black Screen before login in Windows 10 and other problems on every startup. - Similar Threads - Black Screen before

2. Windows 10 black screen before login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 black screen before login.: Before any system processes start, Windows 10 gives me a black screen. Connecting another monitor does not work, enabling secure boot does not work and unplugging all usb devices also did not work. I have tried using safe mode but the screen goes black. System restore through...
  3. Windows 10 black screen before login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen before login.: Before any system processes start, Windows 10 gives me a black screen. Connecting another monitor does not work, enabling secure boot does not work and unplugging all usb devices also did not work. I have tried using safe mode but the screen goes black. System restore through...
  4. Windows 10 black screen before login.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen before windows startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black screen before windows startup: Hey, I have a Lenovo idea pad I got given as a hand me down from my sister. Was not in great shape when I received it but I reset it to factory setting and has been working fine for about 2 months since. A couple of weeks ago I started getting this issue. On start up the...
  6. black screen before startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    black screen before startup: i have a problem When I open the computer, a black screen appears for a minute or two and then it runs Windows. I want a solution to speed up the startup. Note: I use hard hdd, not sdd...
  7. Windows 10 Black screen before login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Black screen before login screen: Looks like alot of people have this issue. This is a brand new pc that has recently started loading into a black screen for about 5-10minutes before finally showing the login page. Anyone else have this issue? What is the consensus to fix? submitted by /u/Nevinyrral...
  8. Black Screen Before Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen Before Login: After the update of october 2018 update 1809 my laptop is having a problem of black screen before the sign in page. It takes around 8 to 10 seconds to show the lock screen. I don't know what's the problem. I feel so annoying as this is a brand new laptop with 8gb ram and i5...
  9. Windows 10, black screen before login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10, black screen before login: Hi, I've got a very recent computer that stopped working today. This is a i9 7920x with two 2080 ti , 128 Go of RAM running windows 10 64 pro that I use to work 3d and 2d softwares. The screens were suddenly blocked and with colored artifacts, windows wasn't responding...
  10. Windows 10 black screen -before- login screen problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 black screen -before- login screen problem.: I upgraded a desktop computer from Windows 7 ultimate to Windows 10 and there seems to be an annoying black screen issue which happens before the login screen. After the Windows loading logo, the screen stays black for about 60-80 seconds (and all I can see is the mouse...