Windows 10: Black Screen Before Login, no safe mode, stuck

Discus and support Black Screen Before Login, no safe mode, stuck in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I was on my laptop. My battery died. I recharged and turned on my computer and I got the windows logo, the spinning wheel with the cursor and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OlorinDreams, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Black Screen Before Login, no safe mode, stuck

So I was on my laptop.

My battery died.

I recharged and turned on my computer and I got the windows logo, the spinning wheel with the cursor and a black screen with no login screen.

Task manager doesn't work. No projector options.

Restarted to advanced repair and safe mode options don't work.

Going to a previous point fails asks me to do dskchk

Can't uninstall latest feature or latest quality update.

dskchk doesn't return errors.

sfc /scannow says cannot perform requested operation.

I can view my files on disk so that's nice. But it's on D instead of C. Weird.

I need some ideas. I'd like not to lose my data or my windows.

submitted by /u/OlorinDreams
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OlorinDreams, Mar 18, 2020

2. Stuck in safe mode

No I couldn't do ANYTHING on the login screen. Now I entered Windows Safe Mode and it's stuck with a black screen

SanjeevKo7I, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Black Screen Before Login, no safe mode, stuck

Black screen in Safe Mode

Hello,

I'm using Windows 10.

I wanted to go to Safe Mode to solve some issues with Discord. I did so by pressing Restart while holding the Shift Key.

The description says I should see a list with startup options.

Instead, the screen is black and the monitor receives no data.

After that I restarted the computer and saw the regular login screen.

Then, out of frustration, I tried the option to refresh Windows (reinstall while keeping my documents).

But again I have a black screen.

Again I restarted the computer and saw the regular login screen.

Dalendrion, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Black Screen Before Login, no safe mode, stuck

1. Black Screen Before Login, no safe mode, stuck - Similar Threads - Black Screen Before

2. Black Screen after login, Safe mode unresponsive, stuck restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after login, Safe mode unresponsive, stuck restarting: Hi there,Hopefully someone can help me.My laptop is completely inaccessible at the moment. I had a black screen after login happens sometimes, I usually restart and its fine - but not today. To fix this I try launching in safe mode following advice from other discussions on...
  3. Black Screen after login, Safe mode unresponsive, stuck restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen after login, Safe mode unresponsive, stuck restarting: Hi there,Hopefully someone can help me.My laptop is completely inaccessible at the moment. I had a black screen after login happens sometimes, I usually restart and its fine - but not today. To fix this I try launching in safe mode following advice from other discussions on...
  4. Stuck in Safe Mode Login Screen with no options

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Safe Mode Login Screen with no options: Hi, Please can you help. I am completely locked out of my PC. I wanted to turn fast boot on my bios so I selected to put the Windows 10 into Safe Mode after changing the Bios settings. Now I am stuck on Safe Mode login screen as I do not know my password. From the...
  5. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen before login: I was recently doing a system restore after my computer started acting wonky, however, the restore got hung up, so after about 10 hours or so, I gave up and did a hard shutdown. Now when I’m booting up my laptop, i get the Acer splash screen, however, after that I just get a...
  6. Stuck on Login screen in Safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on Login screen in Safe mode: Long story short I am where I would put my password to login on safe mode but every password I've tried won't let me login and I don't know what to do. Please help submitted by /u/TOOCH447 [link] [comments]...
  7. Black screen before log-on and BSOD Safe mode

Black screen before log-on and BSOD Safe mode: Hello, I have run into a problem where my pc won't boot instead showing a completely blank/black screen and no cursor before log-on. I am also unable to boot into Safe Mode as I get the Critical Process Died BSOD. This occoured after a forced shutdown while my computer was...
  8. My computer is stuck before login in in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer is stuck before login in in safe mode: My computer is stuck before login in in safe mode,it doesn't recognize my pin or password, I tried shift restart the trouble shoot etc even window +U and type from the desktop keyboard nothing works how can I bypass the password or restart in normal login???...
  9. Windows 10 black screen before login. No cursor. Same for Safe mode.

Windows 10 black screen before login. No cursor. Same for Safe mode.: I'm using a gate way computer dx4850-43c with windows 10 installed on it. 64 bit. With a geforce gt 640 graphics card. 6 gig ram. Core I5 processor. It's a desktop. Recently my computer had a problem with connecting to bluetooth and then when I turned it off my computer...
  10. Black Screen Before Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen Before Login: After the update of october 2018 update 1809 my laptop is having a problem of black screen before the sign in page. It takes around 8 to 10 seconds to show the lock screen. I don't know what's the problem. I feel so annoying as this is a brand new laptop with 8gb ram and i5...