Windows 10: Black screen before login with movable cursor (help)

Discus and support Black screen before login with movable cursor (help) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So after booting up the PC the Windows logo finishes loading and I assume the black screen occurs on the log in screen. I can move my cursor around and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DigitalXing, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Black screen before login with movable cursor (help)

So after booting up the PC the Windows logo finishes loading and I assume the black screen occurs on the log in screen. I can move my cursor around and the blue loading circle flashes as well.

This first happened a few days ago and I recall my PC working perfectly fine the night before. I don’t remember installing any programs or drivers the day before it happened either although it could be a culprit.

I can do a few things on the black screen such as Windows key+p and Windows key+u and I can go into the Automatic Repair screen

After looking at many forums and Youtube videos, I have tried doing:

-Ctrl+alt+del and ctrl+shift+esc -Running chkdsk -Going into safe mode to no avail (shows the same black screen before login as well) -Startup repair (doesn’t work) -Uninstalled the latest quality and feature update -System restore point (don’t have any) -Enabling low resolution video mode (same as safe mode) -Resetting with keeping files (didn’t work)

I have a custom built desktop PC: -i7 4790k -GTX 980 -16 Gb RAM -1x 1TB HDD -1x 250Gb SSD Boot drive

submitted by /u/DigitalXing
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DigitalXing, Sep 21, 2020

2. Windows 10m upgrade black screen with cursor

I have recently upgraded windows 7 with a fee online upgrade of windows 10. After I initiated the Winows10 upgrade the, monitor screen went black with a movable cursor. Can anyone tell me the next steps to get my computer working again?

Drumadarian, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10m upgrade black screen with cursor

I have recently upgraded windows 7 with a fee online upgrade of windows 10. After I initiated the Winows10 upgrade the, monitor screen went black with a movable cursor. Can anyone tell me the next steps to get my computer working again?

Drumadarian, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Black screen before login with movable cursor (help)

Windows 10 Black screen upon boot, movable cursor

When I boot up my computer Windows 10 I get a black screen upon boot, with a movable cursor. when I press Ctrl+Alt+Del and enter task manager. I can see the task manager. from there I have to start a new task (explorer) and my computer desktop becomes
    visible. is there any way to correct the boot issue?

Jason FeloDeSe, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Black screen before login with movable cursor (help)

1. Black screen before login with movable cursor (help) - Similar Threads - Black screen before

2. Black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor before login: Hello this morning I woke up to my pc booting into a black screen with only a cursor and nothing else.I have tried the tutorials on how to fix it but they need access to the task manager which doesn't come up for me...
  3. Black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor before login: Hello this morning I woke up to my pc booting into a black screen with only a cursor and nothing else.I have tried the tutorials on how to fix it but they need access to the task manager which doesn't come up for me...
  4. Black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen with cursor before login

Black screen with cursor before login: Hi ,When the computer boots up, before login there is a black screen with the cursor and it goes no further. I couldn't boot into safe mode due to a logonui.exe stack error. Other options explored such as resetting the PC did nothing.Thanks for reading, any ideas are greatly...
  6. Black screen with cursor before login

Black screen with cursor before login: Hello, I can't login to my laptop when i boot i end up with a black screen with cursor. I've tried everything from ctrl+alt+del and ctrl+shift+esc but nothing happened. Please help me, please...
  7. Black screen with cursor before login.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor before login.: When powering on my laptop it only shows a black screen with the cursor after the logo. Ctrl+shift+esc as well as ctrl+alt+del does not do anything. Help please. submitted by /u/Van_3 [link] [comments]...
  8. Black Screen with cursor before login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen with cursor before login screen: Title. Every time I boot up my pc, it begins with the motherboard loading screen thing as normal and then into a black screen with only my cursor visible. CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn’t do anything so I don’t know what else to try. Manually shutting down my pc by holding the power...
  9. Black screen and cursor before login

Black screen and cursor before login: Yesterday my PC was updated to windows 10, I turned it off and the next day I turned it on it started up with the usual logos and start up sound, but the screen stays black and the cursor appears only when I kove the mouse. What do I do?...
  10. Black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with cursor before login: Hello, Yesterday I have updated my Windows 10, but today i can't start the system. When the laptop is starting, before the login screen, we only see black screen with cursor. I can boot the computer in safe mode and works fine, but I don't know how to fix it, becasuse...