Windows 10: Black Screen before sign in

Discus and support Black Screen before sign in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For Christmas I swapped out my obsolete hardware and have had nothing but issues since. I switched out the CPU, MOBO, and RAM, and had to buy a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DamianHibbard, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Black Screen before sign in

For Christmas I swapped out my obsolete hardware and have had nothing but issues since. I switched out the CPU, MOBO, and RAM, and had to buy a new copy of win10 having not know the license wasn’t transferable: first mistake. I had been running Win10 before the swap with no issues. But ever since it shuts down after the POST then boots up normally. Within the past week, it would freeze and crash, and when I attempted to click on a program I’d get an error saying something to then effect of “there is no free memory to perform this task” when my system monitor showed I had almost 28gb of free ram. I ran /chkdsk and /scannow which found no errors. The BSOD I last received gave me the NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM status code which I wasn’t able to troubleshoot.

So today I turned my computer on, it booted up to the sign-in screen with no issues. I left it at desktop for about 20minutes and came back to a black screen. I held the power button for a hard shutdown and booted it back up, it shows the ASUS splash screen, windows icon for a few seconds then bam—just a black screen. When I move the mouse a cursor appears with a blue loading circle intermittently appearing above it. WIN + P is the only keyboard command that works. Booting from BIOS has the same result.

Intel i9-9990k
    ASUS Z390-PRO
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(16x2)DDR4 2133MHz
    Corsair HX750i PSU
    Corsiar H100i liquid cooler
    EVGA GTX970 FTW2.0 GPU
    Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
    WD Black 1TB HD
    WD Gold 8TB HD

:)

DamianHibbard, Feb 15, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Black Screen before sign in

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Black Screen before sign in

1. Black Screen before sign in - Similar Threads - Black Screen before

2. Black screen before signing in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen before signing in.: Let me simplify the situation.It's been about half a month of me fixing problem on my PC that I built with Windows 10. USBBasically, I pulled out the USB stick and fixed the problem. Nice!Now I still have one unresolved issue left... the black screen before signing in. How do...
  3. Black screen before signing in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen before signing in.: Let me simplify the situation.It's been about half a month of me fixing problem on my PC that I built with Windows 10. USBBasically, I pulled out the USB stick and fixed the problem. Nice!Now I still have one unresolved issue left... the black screen before signing in. How do...
  4. Black screen before signing in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Computer with black screen before sign in and cursor keeps reloading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer with black screen before sign in and cursor keeps reloading: I have a HP Pavilion desktop and I have a problem with it. The problem is that I have a black screen, which I know how to fix, but my keyboard and mouse won’t let me. It just keeps reloading and reloading but it only happens on the black screen. It doesn’t happen in the bios,...
  6. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen before login: I was recently doing a system restore after my computer started acting wonky, however, the restore got hung up, so after about 10 hours or so, I gave up and did a hard shutdown. Now when I’m booting up my laptop, i get the Acer splash screen, however, after that I just get a...
  7. Black Screen Before Login

Black Screen Before Login: After the update of october 2018 update 1809 my laptop is having a problem of black screen before the sign in page. It takes around 8 to 10 seconds to show the lock screen. I don't know what's the problem. I feel so annoying as this is a brand new laptop with 8gb ram and i5...
  8. Black Screen Before Sign-in Screen

Black Screen Before Sign-in Screen: I've been having this problem from the 1809 update of oct 2018. This problem is annoying me so much. I've tried all the solutions that microsoft suggested but no luck. I'll be getting the black screen with the cursor on for like 8 to 15 seconds. Please if anyone facing the...
  9. Black or Dead Screen Before Sign in to Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black or Dead Screen Before Sign in to Windows: My laptop is not working properly i have dell vostro 1550 with i3 2nd generation processor 2 gb ram with intel hd graphics 3000 when i m updating my laptop and restart before sign in window 10 laptop goes to dead or black screen. is that a problem in unsupported graphic or...
  10. Black screen before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen before login screen: The black screen occurs before login screen. It happens randomly. I have to move the mouse (haven't tried pressing keyboard) and it will show the login screen and windows will continue normally. On my device driver it shows only 1 display adapter that is NVIDIA GTX 970. My...