Windows 10: Black Screen Before Startup - Help Reading Boot Trace File

Discus and support Black Screen Before Startup - Help Reading Boot Trace File in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, This is my first post, not sure if I should have introduced myself first? I am experiencing a quite long black screen between the BIOS and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RMango, Mar 8, 2021.

1. RMango Win User

Black Screen Before Startup - Help Reading Boot Trace File

Hi all,
    This is my first post, not sure if I should have introduced myself first?

I am experiencing a quite long black screen between the BIOS and the Windows Logo.
    Windows is installed on a Samsung SSD, while docs and stuff are on other internal HDDs, which are excluded from startup in BIOS. Once the Windows Logo comes up, everything is ready in seconds.

I thought this could be due to my new video card (GTX 1050 Ti) so I updated the driver, but nothing changed.
    This also happens when rebooting, but anyways I also tried disabling hibernation and fastboot. No luck.
    I then found this post (Startup takes too long at Winlogon Init) so I ran a boot trace. PC restarted and got stuck on the usual black screen but for several minutes, so I eventually forced a restart by pressing the power button, usual black screen again, login, and then a popup saying the trace was being completed.

Here is the trace file: Dropbox - boot_1.etl - Simplify your life

I hope someone can help me figure out what is going on?

Thanks in advance!
    Roberto

Don't know if this is useful:
    EditionWindows 10 Pro
    Version20H2
    Installed on‎14/‎06/‎2020
    OS build19042.844
    ExperienceWindows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

:)

RMango, Mar 8, 2021
  2. mora67 Win User

Black screen 2nd boot trace

First boot trace didn't quite make it until desktop, and with suggested selections in recorder it's 380M even compressed. I sent link to zinou as private message. I suppose 380M is too big, which options are suggested to be selected to have decent boot trace record?

mora67, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Black Screen Before Startup - Help Reading Boot Trace File

Black Screen on startup

Hi Sergio,

There is a possibility that the black screen could have been caused by a corrupted file or the concerned could be during the boot process. To isolate the possible cause, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

• Once you are on Start Menu, select Enable Safe Mode. If you can boot through
      Safe mode, we can verify that your computer can still boot up.
    • From Safe Mode, you need to performed a Clean boot. This is to isolate other drivers or startup programs that could cause the black screen. To do
      Clean boot, please refer to this link.
    • After performing Clean boot and your computer can boot normally, you would need to go to
      Event Viewer. Just search Event Viewer in your
      Search box
      and select Windows Logs. You would need to check each tab and verify which could have caused the black screen, from there please provide us a screenshot. Base on the screenshot that you will send, we will know what is the
      next step or resolution to provide.

We look forward to your response.

Jarius Tol, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Black Screen Before Startup - Help Reading Boot Trace File

1. Black Screen Before Startup - Help Reading Boot Trace File - Similar Threads - Black Screen Before

2. Advanced startup boots into black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced startup boots into black screen: I wanned to boot into bios but pressing del on restart in win 11 doesnt work it seems, i tried to use the advanced startup function but that boots me into nothing / black screen so now i have no way to access bios....
  3. Advanced startup boots into black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced startup boots into black screen: I wanned to boot into bios but pressing del on restart in win 11 doesnt work it seems, i tried to use the advanced startup function but that boots me into nothing / black screen so now i have no way to access bios....
  4. Black screen before windows startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black screen before windows startup: Hey, I have a Lenovo idea pad I got given as a hand me down from my sister. Was not in great shape when I received it but I reset it to factory setting and has been working fine for about 2 months since. A couple of weeks ago I started getting this issue. On start up the...
  5. black screen before startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    black screen before startup: i have a problem When I open the computer, a black screen appears for a minute or two and then it runs Windows. I want a solution to speed up the startup. Note: I use hard hdd, not sdd...
  6. Boot & Startup - Black screen and then "Please wait" message appears before Login screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot & Startup - Black screen and then "Please wait" message appears before Login screen: When I boot the laptop Lenovo Ideapad 310, there's the usual windows loading animation, and then the entire screen becomes black no cursor. After 5-10 seconds the screen turns blue and a "Please wait..." message appears and stays there for about another 10 secondsnote: this...
  7. Startup boot to black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup boot to black screen: ive recently built a new computer and installed windows 10 from the usb media however after a day or so the computer will boot to a black screen several times before give the C:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrialtxt error message. I have tried just about everything when I...
  8. Long Black Screen before Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long Black Screen before Boot: Excellent. Yes Brink's tutorial provide a lot of information.
  9. Boot loop and black startup screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot loop and black startup screen: Hello I am trying to reinstall win. 10 on my lenovo thinkpad e540. I first tried with creation tool on a 8 gb usb pin that didn't work. Everytime I reached 60% an error message popped up saying it couldn't recognize something. I then made a recovery key on my usb pin...
  10. Black screen on boot before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on boot before login screen: Laptop: ​Gigabyte U2442 The issue is pretty much as stated in the title "​Black screen on boot before login screen". I've booted into safe mode and changed the startup up to diagnostic boot and it gets further. When in diagnostic mode it actually gets to the login...