Windows 10: Black screen before Windows starts

Discus and support Black screen before Windows starts in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I'm facing this issue since last few weeks. When I turn on my laptop, before getting the login page there is 5-10 seconds of black screen. Why is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DivyanshuPathak1, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Black screen before Windows starts

Hi

I'm facing this issue since last few weeks.

When I turn on my laptop, before getting the login page there is 5-10 seconds of black screen. Why is this happening and is there a solution for this?

:)

DivyanshuPathak1, Jun 21, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Black screen, Start screen, Critical Low Battery

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the power troubleshooter if you are able to boot into the system.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    For black screen issues click on the link below and refer the suggestions by Sharath Srinivasa.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Black screen before Windows starts

Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Black screen before Windows starts

1. Black screen before Windows starts - Similar Threads - Black screen before

2. Long black screen before starts to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long black screen before starts to boot: My problem is that a computer, after restart, shows a black screen for 109 seconds, then it starts to boot, which only takes 15 seconds.It is a long story of how I got to this point, but I reinstalled Windows 10, taking the factory reset, to try to fix it, but that didn't fix...
  3. Long black screen before starts to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Long black screen before starts to boot: My problem is that a computer, after restart, shows a black screen for 109 seconds, then it starts to boot, which only takes 15 seconds.It is a long story of how I got to this point, but I reinstalled Windows 10, taking the factory reset, to try to fix it, but that didn't fix...
  4. Long black screen before starts to boot

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Black screen before signing in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black screen before signing in.: Let me simplify the situation.It's been about half a month of me fixing problem on my PC that I built with Windows 10. USBBasically, I pulled out the USB stick and fixed the problem. Nice!Now I still have one unresolved issue left... the black screen before signing in. How do...
  6. Black screen before login to windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen before login to windows: Hey,Last night my laptop gave a error message don't remember what exact error and then shut down.After rebooting it only goes to a black screen, before a login or something even appears.I looked it up and basically tried anything I could find to fix it.-Can't access any of...
  7. Black screen before windows startup

Black screen before windows startup: Hey, I have a Lenovo idea pad I got given as a hand me down from my sister. Was not in great shape when I received it but I reset it to factory setting and has been working fine for about 2 months since. A couple of weeks ago I started getting this issue. On start up the...
  8. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen before login: I was recently doing a system restore after my computer started acting wonky, however, the restore got hung up, so after about 10 hours or so, I gave up and did a hard shutdown. Now when I’m booting up my laptop, i get the Acer splash screen, however, after that I just get a...
  9. Black Screen Before Login

Black Screen Before Login: After the update of october 2018 update 1809 my laptop is having a problem of black screen before the sign in page. It takes around 8 to 10 seconds to show the lock screen. I don't know what's the problem. I feel so annoying as this is a brand new laptop with 8gb ram and i5...
  10. Black screen before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen before login screen: The black screen occurs before login screen. It happens randomly. I have to move the mouse (haven't tried pressing keyboard) and it will show the login screen and windows will continue normally. On my device driver it shows only 1 display adapter that is NVIDIA GTX 970. My...