Windows 10: Black screen before windows startup

Discus and support Black screen before windows startup in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hey, I have a Lenovo idea pad I got given as a hand me down from my sister. Was not in great shape when I received it but I reset it to factory setting... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JoeNorman3, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Black screen before windows startup

Hey, I have a Lenovo idea pad I got given as a hand me down from my sister. Was not in great shape when I received it but I reset it to factory setting and has been working fine for about 2 months since.

A couple of weeks ago I started getting this issue. On start up the Lenovo logo appears it loads then the screen goes black. Windows does not appear to start. After spending a while on tech forums I managed to start it in safe mode. Here I first tried disabling fast boot to no avail. After I tried to uninstall/reinstall the graphic driver. This worked got it to start normally but after about 5 mins of it being open with out me touching anything the screen went black. The issue has returned the same. Any suggestions?

TLDR; Black screen after Lenovo logo. Opened it in safe mode. Disabled fast boot Didn’t work. Uninstalled/reinstalled graphic driver worked for under 5 mins then same issue returned.

:)

JoeNorman3, Feb 10, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Black screen in windows 10 on startup

Hi Willu,

Getting a black screen on startup may imply a problem with the display adapter, having an outdated driver, or could be that it was just finalizing the recent upgrade. To help sort out and address this problem, we suggest that you follow the steps provided
    in the link,
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Please update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Black screen before windows startup

windows 7 startup black screen problem

All of sudden my laptop hanged and loud noise and black screen appeared , thereafter it is unable to start, I tried running startup repair but it has not helped as well.

I am able to run in safe mode but not normally. Tried even starting from last known best config but it is also not starting it, just showing black screen.

If I go to recovery manager while launching startup repair, it I'd showing option to restore windows, will it remove all data rrom all partitions ? I have 3 total partition apart from recovery drive, all main data in other drive than c drive where windows is installed..

freebird_9924, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Black screen before windows startup

1. Black screen before windows startup - Similar Threads - Black screen before

2. Black screen before login to windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen before login to windows: Hey,Last night my laptop gave a error message don't remember what exact error and then shut down.After rebooting it only goes to a black screen, before a login or something even appears.I looked it up and basically tried anything I could find to fix it.-Can't access any of...
  3. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen before login: I was recently doing a system restore after my computer started acting wonky, however, the restore got hung up, so after about 10 hours or so, I gave up and did a hard shutdown. Now when I’m booting up my laptop, i get the Acer splash screen, however, after that I just get a...
  4. Windows black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows black screen on startup: Hi there, I just recently reset my pc to try to fix an issue with the startup but it did not work. Specifically the problem happens right when I turn on my pc. When I boot up my system for the first time, everything turns on normally like my monitors, my fans, and the lights...
  5. black screen before startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    black screen before startup: i have a problem When I open the computer, a black screen appears for a minute or two and then it runs Windows. I want a solution to speed up the startup. Note: I use hard hdd, not sdd...
  6. Black screen before Windows starts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen before Windows starts: Hi I'm facing this issue since last few weeks. When I turn on my laptop, before getting the login page there is 5-10 seconds of black screen. Why is this happening and is there a solution for this?...
  7. Black Screen before login in Windows 10 and other problems on every startup.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen before login in Windows 10 and other problems on every startup.: I am currently using Windows 10 Home (Version: 1809, Build: 17763.529) Laptop Model: Dell Inspiron i5559-4682SLV Signature Edition. The issue I am facing with Windows 10 is: at every startup, I get a Black screen with cursor before login screen. I have to wait for 10 minutes...
  8. Black Screen Before Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen Before Login: After the update of october 2018 update 1809 my laptop is having a problem of black screen before the sign in page. It takes around 8 to 10 seconds to show the lock screen. I don't know what's the problem. I feel so annoying as this is a brand new laptop with 8gb ram and i5...
  9. Black screen before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen before login screen: The black screen occurs before login screen. It happens randomly. I have to move the mouse (haven't tried pressing keyboard) and it will show the login screen and windows will continue normally. On my device driver it shows only 1 display adapter that is NVIDIA GTX 970. My...
  10. Windows 10 slow startup, short black screen before Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 slow startup, short black screen before Welcome screen: Hi TenForums people, Firstly i'm sorry if i posted this to the wrong thread im just a junior member lol. So on to my problem... I'm having a much much slower startup time. And i mean really slow. I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 build 10586.916 on a quadcore AMD...