Windows 10: Black screen, blinking task bar - reinstall free windows 10 ubgrade?

Discus and support Black screen, blinking task bar - reinstall free windows 10 ubgrade? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can't get rid of the black screen and blinking taskbar that my primary account on my laptop has been subjected to for over a week now. Having a paid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SF53, Jun 30, 2019.

1. SF53 Win User

Black screen, blinking task bar - reinstall free windows 10 ubgrade?

I can't get rid of the black screen and blinking taskbar that my primary account on my laptop has been subjected to for over a week now. Having a paid for subscription, I had an AVG technician scan my laptop from the outside. He found nothing. Hours of hunting down possible viruses using various free antivirus programs (malwarebytes, hitman, etc) turned up nothing nothing either.

The technician mentioned that the black screen and blinking taskbar can be a Microsoft operating system problem. Googling around for a bit I discovered he was not just trying to pass the problem to someone else, but I have no idea about how to hunt the problem down, so I decided to reinstall Win 10 from a blank slate. There are two problems with that.

One is that I cannot back my personal files up because the black screen and blinking taskbar stops me from doing anything in that account. I don't have the black screen/ blinking taskbar on another account with administrative privileges, but while logged on to that one I have no access to the personal files in my primary account, so that's of no help either. This is a minor problem, though, because I had backed my files up to a NAS drive a couple of weeks earlier. Loosing a dozen files that were newly created since then won't be hugely traumatic.

The major problem is the question if I can reinstall Windows 10 without paying a license fee when the original install was a free upgrade from Windows 8.1 in 2016. If it is possible, how would I go about doing that? I noticed that activation needs to be done via a 25 character key. My freely upgraded version's product ID is only 20 characters in length.

:)

2. Windows 10 PC is Blinking and Refreshing with No desktop and Task bar apps.......

• HI,
    My Windows 10 Pro PC that upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate shows no task bar apps and desktop shortcuts and apps and loading and refreshing with a blinking black screen . After long times the apps and shortcuts appears , But cannot open Start button , Cortana,
    Action centre, Store .etc. Please solve this problem !!!!!!!!!

Athul Kumar, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Jun 30, 2019
  4. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Black screen, blinking task bar - reinstall free windows 10 ubgrade? - Similar Threads - Black screen blinking

2. Screen is black but task bar shows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen is black but task bar shows: A friend gave me a computer he wasn't using anymore but I can't get it to workThe computer turns on but the screen is black, only showing the taskbar. I can open apps from the taskbar but can't make them show up on my screen.When I boot it into safe mode however everything...
  3. Screen is black but task bar shows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen is black but task bar shows: A friend gave me a computer he wasn't using anymore but I can't get it to workThe computer turns on but the screen is black, only showing the taskbar. I can open apps from the taskbar but can't make them show up on my screen.When I boot it into safe mode however everything...
  4. Screen is black but task bar shows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blinking black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blinking black screen: Hi, I need some help because my PC keep blinking in black while I'm playing.Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-black-screen/395dd52d-5faf-4aef-a2a1-a9bd7323535b
  6. Blinking black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blinking black screen: Hi, I need some help because my PC keep blinking in black while I'm playing.Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-black-screen/395dd52d-5faf-4aef-a2a1-a9bd7323535b
  7. Black Screen Blinking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen Blinking: Greetings Microsoft User Pls i need a help because my pc keep blinking black screening while im playing how can i fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-blinking/299af189-cbb4-45dd-9cd1-7452d33f9d32
  8. Black Screen Blinking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen Blinking: Greetings Microsoft User Pls i need a help because my pc keep blinking black screening while im playing how can i fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-blinking/299af189-cbb4-45dd-9cd1-7452d33f9d32
  9. Black Screen and Flashing Task Bar

Black Screen and Flashing Task Bar: I have seen a few other posts about this but nothing that I have seen has helped, or at least not lasted long. So starting two days agoDecember 12, when I turned my computer on it took an unusually long time to boot, but I finally reached the lock screen to input my password....
  10. Blinking Task Bar on Booting

Blinking Task Bar on Booting: Hello everyone, After the latest update task bar blinking for 2 min and then I able to use my computer. I haven't a problem like this before. I run The System File Checker . Found some corrupted files, repaired them but after that my problem continues. There is video link...