Windows 10: Black screen but the laptop is still working ...

Discus and support Black screen but the laptop is still working ... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a question concerning another situation with my laptop. My screen goes to black 5 minutes after no activities and i could put it back up just by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alain Dobrah MICHIGAN, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Black screen but the laptop is still working ...

I have a question concerning another situation with my laptop. My screen goes to black 5 minutes after no activities and i could put it back up just by pressing on any keys from the keyboard. Now I can't turn the screen up back but I still can hear the laptop working in the back ... My power & sleep settings are the following: the screen turns off after 5 minutes on batteries or plugged but never sleep ... I don't know what went wrong but if you are any suggestions to resolve the situation, please share ... Thx

take care!

Alain**

:)

Alain Dobrah MICHIGAN, Oct 27, 2020

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Virus-j Win User

Black screen but the laptop is still working ...

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Black screen but the laptop is still working ...

1. Black screen but the laptop is still working ... - Similar Threads - Black screen laptop

2. Cursor and screen not working but laptop still working and lock screen still appears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor and screen not working but laptop still working and lock screen still appears: I have a levovo yoga laptop and when trying to turn down the volume blindly, i must have pressed a button to disable or stop my cursor. I looked up the solutions like pressing 'fn f5' and other variations of that which weren't working. I force shut down my laptop to try and...
  3. Cursor and screen not working but laptop still working and lock screen still appears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor and screen not working but laptop still working and lock screen still appears: I have a levovo yoga laptop and when trying to turn down the volume blindly, i must have pressed a button to disable or stop my cursor. I looked up the solutions like pressing 'fn f5' and other variations of that which weren't working. I force shut down my laptop to try and...
  4. Laptop on but screen is still black?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop on but screen is still black?: My laptop has a black screen and I have tried everything google has said in order to fix it. It is able to turn on and light is on but the screen is still black. I’ve tried to restart many times but no change. Also tried ctrl + shift + windows logo + B, it sometimes beeps...
  5. Laptop on but screen is still black?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop on but screen is still black?: My laptop has a black screen and I have tried everything google has said in order to fix it. It is able to turn on and light is on but the screen is still black. I’ve tried to restart many times but no change. Also tried ctrl + shift + windows logo + B, it sometimes beeps...
  6. Laptop on but screen is still black?

7. Screen is still black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen is still black: Is there a reason besides asking the question that my screen is still black just checking no worries I'm not.ThanksWes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-is-still-black/70e4cf68-1c7c-47fd-9639-ba7eb0fb1fd4
  8. Screen is still black

Screen is still black: Is there a reason besides asking the question that my screen is still black just checking no worries I'm not.ThanksWes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-is-still-black/70e4cf68-1c7c-47fd-9639-ba7eb0fb1fd4
  9. Black screen but still running

Black screen but still running: Hi guys,I left my laptop on for a while as I had to do something and when I came back the power was on, the fan was running, and the keyboard backlight was on, but the screen was black. I tried moving the mouse and pressing keys but it didn't wake. I also tried Windows + Ctrl...
  10. laptop screen fades to black and then nothing works but still the fans run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop screen fades to black and then nothing works but still the fans run: Hi, recently my laptop is having some trouble. When I open a PDF and start reading I don't touch anything. Then the screen fades to black(probably the screen turns off) now it should come back when I touch my keyboard or mouse but it doesn't. Nothing works on the laptop...