Windows 10: Black Screen - Can't Access Task Manager

Discus and support Black Screen - Can't Access Task Manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When starting my computer I end up on the black screen of death after windows loads. The only thing I can see if my mouse cursor. I am unable to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PeterEberling, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Black Screen - Can't Access Task Manager

When starting my computer I end up on the black screen of death after windows loads. The only thing I can see if my mouse cursor.

I am unable to see the task manager when I CTL+ALT+DEL.

If I'm in safe mode, I still can't pull up the task manager with CTL+ALT+DEL, or with CTL+SHIFT+ESC. (I can tell Safe Mode worked due to the resolution of my mouse cursor)

I did advanced troubleshooting and reset my windows twice.

I still can't figure out a solution. Anyone have recommendations? I think I've followed every guide on the internet and can't fix this.

:)

PeterEberling, Nov 11, 2019
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Nov 11, 2019
  3. jds63 Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Nov 11, 2019
  4. kartikg Win User

Black Screen - Can't Access Task Manager

Task Manager Black Screen

Hey guys recently built my PC only a few days ago with Windows 10 installed.

I have an issue where during gameplay of CS:GO, on steam, whenever I press; ctrl alt delete to access task manager it takes me to a black screen and I can't do anything. After waiting a minute or so I can alt tab out back into the game, so the game still
    runs fine and everything nothing crashes, just during gameplay when I try to access task manager via ctrl alt delete it black screens.

ive done every test possible to test for errors in hardware and everything is working fine, just this is annoying me, any help and solutions will be greatly appreciated.

kartikg, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Black Screen - Can't Access Task Manager

1. Black Screen - Can't Access Task Manager - Similar Threads - Black Screen Can't

2. Black screen with cursor, can't reboot, can't access task manager, most shortcut keys do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor, can't reboot, can't access task manager, most shortcut keys do...: Hi,So, the title says it all: I have a common issue, black screen with cursor. From my browsing before posting here, most solutions involve either rebooting or opening task manager using shortcut keys. Well I can do neither.For information just in case any of the following is...
  3. Black Screen Problem with no Task Manager Access

Black Screen Problem with no Task Manager Access: I have a black screen problem I cannot solve. I have a HPE-450t tower running Windows 10 that has run fine for years. I recently went away for two months and shut down the PC before I left. When I returned, upon startup, I got a black screen. I used Ctl-Alt-Del to reboot...
  4. Black Screen Problem with no Task Manager Access

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen Problem with no Task Manager Access: I have a black screen problem I cannot solve. I have a HPE-450t tower running Windows 10 that has run fine for years. I recently went away for two months and shut down the PC before I left. When I returned, upon startup, I got a black screen. I used Ctl-Alt-Del to reboot...
  5. Black Screen Problem with no Task Manager Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Black screen after login, can't access task manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after login, can't access task manager.: Recently while using my computer, I got a blue screen of death, and when I restarted my computer my login wallpaper was gone and when I clicked the power icon on the login screen it did nothing. After I logged in I got stuck on a black screen with my cursor. I've tried to...
  7. Black screen after login, can't access task manager.

Black screen after login, can't access task manager.: Recently while using my computer, I got a blue screen of death, and when I restarted my computer my login wallpaper was gone and when I clicked the power icon on the login screen it did nothing. After I logged in I got stuck on a black screen with my cursor. I've tried to...
  8. Black screen after login, can't access task manager.

9. Screen flickering black but task manager is not

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen flickering black but task manager is not: Before logging onto my account on my laptop there is no flickering or any issues. However once logged in the screen flashes black every 10 sec seconds or so and my laptop is unusable. The taskbar/any application is unresponsive except for task manager. Through here I was able...
  10. Windows black screen no task manager

Windows black screen no task manager: I was on my laptop and i logged out when i logged in i got a black screen with a cursor i tried to open the task manager but it didn't open i tried pressing Ctrl alt del but it didnt work i inserted a bootable flash and tried resetting it didn't i tried every possible...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black screen cant get into task manager

2. blackscreen task manager end