Windows 10: Black screen can't do anything!

Discus and support Black screen can't do anything! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, I'm desperate... My computer all of the sudden started to go into the black screen with the cursor after doing the normal login user/password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlexanderOrtiz1, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Black screen can't do anything!

Hi guys, I'm desperate...

My computer all of the sudden started to go into the black screen with the cursor after doing the normal login user/password procedure. This didn't happen after a download of a new version of windows update, I just turned it on one day and it stayed black, I can navigate the hard drive via the command line.

I have a licensed copy of windows home 10 version 1903 OS Build 18362.900 I have an HP laptop

The windows event viewer indicates these two errors:

Faulting application name: sihost.exe, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0xe9587576
    Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.18362.815, time stamp: 0x51185cb4

What I've tried:
    - dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth process finished but still have the error
    - Created another admin local account but has the same error
    - Tried the "Reset this pc option" choosing the "keep my files" but the process had an error and didn't finish
    - Tried the "System restore point" option but it also failed to restore
    - Did the "Uninstall latest quality update" it finished but didn't solve anything
    - Did the "Sartup repair" but that didn't fix anything
    - Boot into safe mode has the same problem
    - I turned off the "fast startup" option from the battery menu
    - sfc /scannow also finished but with no fix

Please help me forum, I am so tired of looking for other solutions and videos, I'm going crazy, please help me

:)

AlexanderOrtiz1, Jul 7, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Black screen can't do anything!

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Black screen can't do anything!

1. Black screen can't do anything! - Similar Threads - Black screen can't

2. I cannot do anything to fix a black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot do anything to fix a black screen: Hello! I’ve run into a dead end with an issue and I was hoping someone could help me out. When I log into windows, there is nothing but a black screen and a cursor. I looked up solutions but so far none have worked. I can’t open task manager from here, so I can’t delete the...
  3. I cannot do anything to fix a black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot do anything to fix a black screen: Hello! I’ve run into a dead end with an issue and I was hoping someone could help me out. When I log into windows, there is nothing but a black screen and a cursor. I looked up solutions but so far none have worked. I can’t open task manager from here, so I can’t delete the...
  4. Can't do anything with the lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't do anything with the lock screen: Somehow I "broke" the Windows Setup process and now it's not giving me any lock screens Win + L, Start > account menu, Ctrl + Alt + Del, Group Policy,... all didn't help. And when I go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > "Change what power buttons do" on...
  5. Black screen when trying to do anything on boot.....

Black screen when trying to do anything on boot.....: It started when i notice my steam icon was missing off my desktop and vortex unpinned on my bar...when i opened a window i noticed it took a really really long time to appear...i did a restart and then the boot took forever and would just go to a blackscreen.... after 3...
  6. My PC screen turns black and can't do anything?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My PC screen turns black and can't do anything?: When I play a game like CS-GO, I get a still image and then the screen goes black. The PC is still running, but can't do anything. CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 GPU: AMD RX 570 Mein PC Bildschirm wird schwarz und kann nichts mehr machen?
  7. Screen flickering, can't do anything

Screen flickering, can't do anything: A couple of days ago my laptop screen suddenly started flickering - it's not only a visual issue since it's impossible to do anything on the computer either. When I start Task Manager, it is flickering as well. A quick google search tells me that this most likely means that...
  8. Black Screen randomly appears and i can't do anything.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen randomly appears and i can't do anything.: Everyonce and awhile a black screen interupts me, i can still hear everything, and if im screen sharing they can still see my screen perfectly fine. It fixes it if I restart, but everyonce and awhile it happens again and its really annoying!...
  9. Desktop is a black screen with just recycle bin, can't get to recovery, can't do anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop is a black screen with just recycle bin, can't get to recovery, can't do anything: Hi, so to give you some background, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 320 running on Windows 10 Home. I have been having some problems with my keyboard for a while. First my shift keys would randomly stop working and I tried everything and nothing would fix them. Yesterday, my...
  10. Black screen . No opportunity to do anything else

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen . No opportunity to do anything else: Hi, after a graphics driver issue my laptop ( running windows 10) is black. it shows nothing my docking station plugs in and is blank with the cursor. crtl alt delete doesn’t work nor anytbing i’ve tried. i have a bootable usb but cannot access as even in safe mode...