Windows 10: Black Screen Caused by display driver Intel hd graphics

Discus and support Black Screen Caused by display driver Intel hd graphics in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I have upgraded from windows 7 to 10 in the last week and ever since I get a black screen before the login page. I have figured out a work around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SteadiestFlame, May 31, 2019.

1. Black Screen Caused by display driver Intel hd graphics

Hi

I have upgraded from windows 7 to 10 in the last week and ever since I get a black screen before the login page. I have figured out a work around for this which is when I see the black screen I press the function button and f3 at the same time to put my laptop in standby and once its in standby then wake it back up by pressing the power button and the login page then appears.

This is getting rather annoying and I would prefer to not have to do this every time I boot up my laptop. I have done some digging around and noticed when I remove the display driver intel hd graphics version 9.17.10.4459 dated 19/05/2016 and allow windows to replace this with the Microsoft basic adapter that I can boot my laptop with no black screen at all but unfortunately the screen resolution isn't any good.

Is there another driver I can use instead of the version? Every time I ask windows to install the latest version it keeps saying I have the latest version, so I am now stuck.

My laptop was on the market since 2011 and I have owned this for over 5 years. It performs really well and it's a shame that I am now getting this issue from upgrading to windows 10, which I need to because windows 7 is on the way out.

Are there any display drivers I can use, instead of the version I have got now, or do you know of another work around for this?

Thanks

:)

SteadiestFlame, May 31, 2019

2. Display driver intel HD graphics Driver stopped responding

I just updated to Window 10, but even before I updated and had Windows 8, I was getting an error message (and my computer was blacking out) that said Display Driver Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 8R stopped responding and has recovered. Any ideas
    on how to fix this? I am not a techie, so need step by step instructions. thank you.

LindsayLevin, May 31, 2019
  3. Black Screen after Installing Intel (R) HD Graphics Driver

There seems to be no clear answer about Intel HD Graphics driver causing trouble with screens. Having wandered throughout the internet, I realized no solution was working for me. Then I went back to my computer to study the installation logs. It is from
    there that I found the problem with black screen upon installing intel hd graphics drivers. Apparently, installation always stopped due to the computer's power plan/policy. It happens that the intel graphics driver won't work with the default Balanced Power
    Plan, which seems to be the default when installing Windows 10 1803. Therefore, to correct the black screen, I entered into Safe Mode and reinstalled the problematic intel graphics driver, then went to the Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options.
    Under the Balanced (recommended) option, I selected Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings, then expanding the 'Intel (R) Graphics Settings > Intel (R) Graphics Power Plan', I set both On battery and Plugged in to "Maximum Performance". Then
    I restarted my computer and voila! It worked. No black screen again.

LemurLeison, May 31, 2019
  4. Black Screen Caused by display driver Intel hd graphics

Intel HD Graphics Driver

Message says your display driver has crashed, but has recovered ( it hasn't). Below the message it says, Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 8(R).

Happens when playing Microsoft Pyramid Solitaire.

Any suggestions.

Jim1942lecanto, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Black Screen Caused by display driver Intel hd graphics

1. Black Screen Caused by display driver Intel hd graphics - Similar Threads - Black Screen Caused

2. Graphic Driver causes black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic Driver causes black screen: Hi there, I hope you are doing well ^^! So, i'm facing a serious trouble with my new graphic card "GTX 760" and i hope you could help me guys, First, check out my PC config => Config : - Mobo : MSI Z87M Gaming - Cpu: Intel Core i5 4éme Gen 4460 / 3.2 Ghz OC: 3.5 Ghz - Ram :...
  3. Black screen after downloaded driver for Intel hd graphics 530

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after downloaded driver for Intel hd graphics 530: Hello, i recently reset my pc, but after all the driver install and specially the driver of iGPU the screen become black and never get, so i go in safe mode to see what was wrong and i uninstall the driver of my iGPU, whene i restart the laptop, the screen was back but on...
  4. Display adapters - Intel HD graphics driver

Display adapters - Intel HD graphics driver: I have deleted and removed the display adapter for a Dell XPS 13 9380 . I have downloaded the Intel HD graphics driver from Dell Website but now i cannot see this in the list on my device manager. i dont know know what to do now. thanks....
  5. Black screen after installing Intel HD Graphics 630 driver

Black screen after installing Intel HD Graphics 630 driver: The screen turns black as soon as Intel HD Graphics 630 drivers are updated. All other drivers are installed and updated. Everything works normally until the driver is being installed. During the installation process the screen goes black. The cursor does not appear and the...
  6. All intel graphics driver causes black screen/pixelated/pink

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    All intel graphics driver causes black screen/pixelated/pink: It's been roughly a week of research, trying different solutions to fix this problem but no dice. Strange thing is that I am able to install the Intel driver in safe mode with no screen problems. The problem occurs only when booting into normal windows. The only exception...
  7. Intel hd graphic driver

Intel hd graphic driver: my laptop is running a corei5 m460 cpu it came preinstalled with windows 7 so i upgraded to windows 10 but i faced a problem i tried looking for the graphic driver using the internet search function in device manger but it just says the best driver is allready installed (...
  8. Black Screen after Installing Intel (R) HD Graphics Driver

Black Screen after Installing Intel (R) HD Graphics Driver: There seems to be no clear answer about Intel HD Graphics driver causing trouble with screens. Having wandered throughout the internet, I realized no solution was working for me. Then I went back to my computer to study the installation logs. It is from there that I found the...
  9. intel hd graphics driver

intel hd graphics driver: i am running intel i3 1st gen m330 2.13 GHz processor with in-built intel HD graphics (core i3). before upgrading to windows 10 whenever I used to play any pc games the display scaled to full screen but after upgrading to windows 10 play the games I want to play at low...
  10. Black Screen intel hd 300 graphics

Black Screen intel hd 300 graphics: Medion Akoya i3 laptop with Intel hd 300hd graphics. Four installs later after encountering a black screen from 30% install, I found that windows 10 is fully installing but display only outputting to hdmi port. I have no bios setting to change this and if i delete my intel...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel hd graphics driver causing black screens

2. does the intel display driver cause black screen

3. intel 620 graphics driver causes screen dim

4. intel hd graphics 620 causes dimming screen,
  5. microsoft update cause black screen