Windows 10: Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button

Discus and support Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi folks,Having a repeat problem over the past month or so. When I use my PC to play a game, I keep getting a crash of sorts. During play my screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Faux13, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Faux13 Win User

Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button

Hi folks,Having a repeat problem over the past month or so. When I use my PC to play a game, I keep getting a crash of sorts. During play my screen shuts off as though it's been disconnected, and the fans on my graphics card spin up fast and just keep going until I do a hard reset. I'm fairly sure its related to my graphics card, which is a 3060 by the way. Can anybody give any further info as to why I keep crashing? It's ruining my experience.Thanks in advance and best regards,

:)

Faux13, Apr 27, 2022
  2. LallyBaby Win User

Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button - KernelEvent 141

Hi folks,

Having a repeat problem over the past month or so. When I use my PC to play a game, I keep getting a crash of sorts. During play my screen shuts off as though it's been disconnected, and the fans on my graphics card spin up fast and just keep going until
    I do a hard reset. I'm fairly sure its related to my graphics card, which is a 1070Ti by the way. I have tried to get a report, but I cannot make sense of it:

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 141

Parameter 1: ffffab0f33554460

Parameter 2: fffff80050b8694c

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 2178

OS version: 10_0_17763

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 2057

Can anybody give any further info as to why I keep crashing? It's ruining my experience.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Andrew from Derbyshire, England.

LallyBaby, Apr 27, 2022
  3. The light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that the light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to various reasons:

• System not properly shut down or might be in sleep mode.

• Power cord connected to the device.

• Change in the settings.
    I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you make any recent changes to the settings?

• Does the CPU fan spins after the shutdown?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, (if you are using a laptop).

Unplug the charger from the lap top and check if the issue persists and also try to shut down from the lock screen.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 27, 2022
  4. TodorT Win User

Windows 10, stuck at black screen with loading spinning circle

Hello,

We tried many times this steps, but nothing is happen:

1. Press and hold the power button until the computer shuts down.
    2. Press the power button again
    3. As soon as the spinning wheel starts, press and hold the power button
    4. Repeat until automatic repair starts (usually 3 loops).

TodorT, Apr 27, 2022
Thema:

1. Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button - Similar Threads - Black screen crash

2. Displays go black, fans spin up fast, have to hard reset PC with power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Displays go black, fans spin up fast, have to hard reset PC with power button: It doesn't matter whether I am playing a video game or browsing the internet, at least once or twice a day I have this issue occur where my displays lose connection to my PC and go into power save mode, simultaneously the cooling fans and graphics card fans kick up really...
  3. Displays go black, fans spin up fast, have to hard reset PC with power button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Displays go black, fans spin up fast, have to hard reset PC with power button: It doesn't matter whether I am playing a video game or browsing the internet, at least once or twice a day I have this issue occur where my displays lose connection to my PC and go into power save mode, simultaneously the cooling fans and graphics card fans kick up really...
  4. Computer fans spin but black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer fans spin but black screen: my pc won't boot the fans spin but screen stays black no bootup sound no signal to screen i have already checked that everything is plugged in the right way I just shut down my pc and now I can't start it up...
  5. Computer fans spin but black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer fans spin but black screen: my pc won't boot the fans spin but screen stays black no bootup sound no signal to screen i have already checked that everything is plugged in the right way I just shut down my pc and now I can't start it up...
  6. Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button: Hi folks,Having a repeat problem over the past month or so. When I use my PC to play a game, I keep getting a crash of sorts. During play my screen shuts off as though it's been disconnected, and the fans on my graphics card spin up fast and just keep going until I do a hard...
  7. Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button: Hi folks,Having a repeat problem over the past month or so. When I use my PC to play a game, I keep getting a crash of sorts. During play my screen shuts off as though it's been disconnected, and the fans on my graphics card spin up fast and just keep going until I do a hard...
  8. Power then Shut down Buttons

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power then Shut down Buttons: My choices were: " Power" then "Sleep Shut Down and Restrart." They are now: "Power",then Sleep Update and Shut Down and Update and Restart When I click on "Update and Shut Down", the machine goes back into Restart at once and then takes a long period of time after...
  9. Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button - KernelEvent 141

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button - KernelEvent 141: Hi folks, Having a repeat problem over the past month or so. When I use my PC to play a game, I keep getting a crash of sorts. During play my screen shuts off as though it's been disconnected, and the fans on my graphics card spin up fast and just keep going until I do a...
  10. Monitors Go Black and Fans Spin Fast/ Loud

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitors Go Black and Fans Spin Fast/ Loud: Hi folks, Over the last two or three days my computer is doing this wierd thing where even just in Windows browsing the web the screens will go blank and the fans will start spinning very loud and fast as if on full power. It first happened while in the menu of the...