Windows 10: Black Screen & Crashing After Installing New GPU/PSU

Discus and support Black Screen & Crashing After Installing New GPU/PSU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been dealing with this issue for the last 2 months. My previous NVIDIA 3070 with 650w PSU had no issues. I installed a new NVIDIA 3080ti... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrJefe, Sep 21, 2021.

1. MrJefe Win User

Black Screen & Crashing After Installing New GPU/PSU

Hello,

I've been dealing with this issue for the last 2 months. My previous NVIDIA 3070 with 650w PSU had no issues. I installed a new NVIDIA 3080ti with EVGA 850w PSU. While gaming on 1 monitor and having my 2nd monitor on, after some time both screens will go black, I will continue to hear game volume for a bit, then game crashes back to desktop. It does not actually produce a BSOD. If I turn off 1 monitor or the other, I can play without issue. Event viewer shows Display drive nvlddmkm...

Read more

MrJefe, Sep 21, 2021
  2. Jefe Win User

Black Screen Crashing while Gaming running 2 Monitors on new GPU/PSU

Hello,

I've been dealing with this issue for the last 2 months. My previous NVIDIA 3070 with 650w PSU had no issues. I installed a new NVIDIA 3080ti with EVGA 850w PSU. While gaming on 1 monitor and having my 2nd monitor on, after some time both screens will go black, I will continue to hear game volume for a bit, then game crashes back to desktop. It does not actually produce a BSOD. If I turn off 1 monitor or the other, I can play without issue. Event viewer shows Display drive nvlddmkm stopped responding and successfully recovered. Reliability Monitor shows mostly Hardware errors code 117, sometimes 141 or 1a1.

Things I have tried:
    Fully wiping PC with new Windows install
    DDU and new GPU drivers with clean install
    Replaced RAM with new RAM
    GPU temps run fine
    Updated everything in Windows
    Windows version: 10.0.19043

Please help as this issue is very frustrating.

3. Flickering screen at startup, crashes, and BSOD after instaling new GPU

I did a clean install of windows 7 and i forgot to install Direct X its probably that, and i did a DDU and installed the latest drivers. But the black flickering screen doesnt go away after starting windows, i dont have any problems with the old GPU with the flickering screen and also on my friends PC the new GPU worked just fine no crashes or black screen.

nootshack1312, Sep 21, 2021
  4. Ztruker Win User

Black Screen, GPU Fan 100% When Playing Games

I would suggest going back to at least the October version:

Black Screen & Crashing After Installing New GPU/PSU [​IMG]

Ztruker, Sep 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Black Screen & Crashing After Installing New GPU/PSU - Similar Threads - Black Screen Crashing

2. Black screen after replacing psu

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen after replacing psu: Hey everybody. My computer started crashing over and over again. Narrowed it down to my psu. I replaced the psu and now everything powers up and stays running but the screen is black. I remember facing an error like this one I was building a computer awhile back and I...
  3. Black screen after installing GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after installing GPU drivers: Good day, it so happened that Windows crashed PC stopped starting in normal mode and could turn off at any time after repair, the problem was in the power supply , the contact was resoldered. After reinstalling Windows, I installed everything back, installed the GPU...
  4. Black screen after installing GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after installing GPU drivers: Good day, it so happened that Windows crashed PC stopped starting in normal mode and could turn off at any time after repair, the problem was in the power supply , the contact was resoldered. After reinstalling Windows, I installed everything back, installed the GPU...
  5. Black screen after installing GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Pc gpu crashes, black screen, after gameplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc gpu crashes, black screen, after gameplay: Hi! Since yesterday i’ve been having problems with my windows, my computer keeps crashing, and i’ve been receiving some DCOM 1084 issues, ive cleaned my computer, reinstalled drivers, ran DISM and SCF, but it seems like it doesn’t work. Also, ive been having Event ID 14 from...
  7. Pc gpu crashes, black screen, after gameplay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc gpu crashes, black screen, after gameplay: Hi! Since yesterday i’ve been having problems with my windows, my computer keeps crashing, and i’ve been receiving some DCOM 1084 issues, ive cleaned my computer, reinstalled drivers, ran DISM and SCF, but it seems like it doesn’t work. Also, ive been having Event ID 14 from...
  8. Pc gpu crashes, black screen, after gameplay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. BSOD after installing new GPU and PSU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD after installing new GPU and PSU: Hey guys, I just got a 3070 (msi ventus 3x OC) and a 650watt psu to power it, and replaced my old 5500xt and 500w psu. After I did that I started getting BSOD with a bunch of memory errors. I have a 16gb kit of DDR4-2400 (g.skill aegis) and a 16gb kit of DDR4-3200 (g.skill...
  10. Infinite loop after installing new PSU

in Windows 10 Support
    Infinite loop after installing new PSU: I just changed my PSU on my PC and it worked just fine yesterday. However, today I did*some cable management in my machine. When I started my system, it got caught into a loop that won’t let me log into Windows. These are 2 of the images that I see while going through this...