Windows 10: Black Screen & Crashing After Installing New GPU/PSU

Discus and support Black Screen & Crashing After Installing New GPU/PSU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been dealing with this issue for the last 2 months. My previous NVIDIA 3070 with 650w PSU had no issues. I installed a new NVIDIA 3080ti... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrJefe, Sep 21, 2021.

1. MrJefe Win User

Black Screen & Crashing After Installing New GPU/PSU

Hello,

I've been dealing with this issue for the last 2 months. My previous NVIDIA 3070 with 650w PSU had no issues. I installed a new NVIDIA 3080ti with EVGA 850w PSU. While gaming on 1 monitor and having my 2nd monitor on, after some time both screens will go black, I will continue to hear game volume for a bit, then game crashes back to desktop. It does not actually produce a BSOD. If I turn off 1 monitor or the other, I can play without issue. Event viewer shows Display drive nvlddmkm...

Read more

MrJefe, Sep 21, 2021
  2. Jefe Win User

Black Screen Crashing while Gaming running 2 Monitors on new GPU/PSU

Hello,

I've been dealing with this issue for the last 2 months. My previous NVIDIA 3070 with 650w PSU had no issues. I installed a new NVIDIA 3080ti with EVGA 850w PSU. While gaming on 1 monitor and having my 2nd monitor on, after some time both screens will go black, I will continue to hear game volume for a bit, then game crashes back to desktop. It does not actually produce a BSOD. If I turn off 1 monitor or the other, I can play without issue. Event viewer shows Display drive nvlddmkm stopped responding and successfully recovered. Reliability Monitor shows mostly Hardware errors code 117, sometimes 141 or 1a1.

Things I have tried:
    Fully wiping PC with new Windows install
    DDU and new GPU drivers with clean install
    Replaced RAM with new RAM
    GPU temps run fine
    Updated everything in Windows
    Windows version: 10.0.19043

Please help as this issue is very frustrating.

3. Flickering screen at startup, crashes, and BSOD after instaling new GPU

I did a clean install of windows 7 and i forgot to install Direct X its probably that, and i did a DDU and installed the latest drivers. But the black flickering screen doesnt go away after starting windows, i dont have any problems with the old GPU with the flickering screen and also on my friends PC the new GPU worked just fine no crashes or black screen.

nootshack1312, Sep 21, 2021
  4. Ztruker Win User

Black Screen, GPU Fan 100% When Playing Games

I would suggest going back to at least the October version:

Black Screen & Crashing After Installing New GPU/PSU [​IMG]

Ztruker, Sep 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Black Screen & Crashing After Installing New GPU/PSU - Similar Threads - Black Screen Crashing

2. GPU or PSU problem? Computer screen turns black when gpu is under load but computer...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU or PSU problem? Computer screen turns black when gpu is under load but computer...: I just built a new computer and all the parts are new and not used. After I built it, it worked fine for a while until randomly when I was playing games, the monitor would go black to no signal and while the computer continued to run and I was still able to hear in-game...
  3. BSOD after installing new GPU and PSU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD after installing new GPU and PSU: Hey guys, I just got a 3070 (msi ventus 3x OC) and a 650watt psu to power it, and replaced my old 5500xt and 500w psu. After I did that I started getting BSOD with a bunch of memory errors. I have a 16gb kit of DDR4-2400 (g.skill aegis) and a 16gb kit of DDR4-3200 (g.skill...
  4. BSOD crashes after installing AMD GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD crashes after installing AMD GPU: I have been getting a lot of BSOD crashes when playing games, but I never got any of these crashes until I got a Red Devil RX 5700 XT GPU. I have gotten: ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY kmode_exception_not_handled IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL All of my drivers are up to date...
  5. BSOD After Installing New GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD After Installing New GPU: Switched from Nvidia GPU to AMD. Ran DDU to clear drivers before installing new GPU. Now getting BSOD every 15-30 minutes. Never had BSOD on this machine before. No issue reinstalling Win if I need to, just want to make sure it's not an issue with the new GPU. Win10 v1909 OS...
  6. Black screen when installing a new GPU -- please help!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen when installing a new GPU -- please help!: Hi all. I tried installing my new GPU today (GTX 1660 Ti), but when I boot up the PC I only get a black screen once I get past the motherboard boot-up screen. (Also, this particular screen seems to remain onscreen much longer than it did with my previous card. It was almost...
  7. defective gpu or faulty psu?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    defective gpu or faulty psu?: I built a gaming pc last month and everything works except for playing games, everytime I try to play a game I get a red screen of death within the first 10-15 minutes. I have gotton support from the developers of the games and I have troubleshooted just about everything...
  8. PSU/GPU Power Problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PSU/GPU Power Problem: I originally had an asus R7 250x that stopped working with my PC and it would not boot/display. Pressing the power button would yield no result. It worked fine for 3+ months before giving me this problem. I had a friend with a 500w PSU and he let me have it. I installed it...
  9. Infinite loop after installing new PSU

in Windows 10 Support
    Infinite loop after installing new PSU: I just changed my PSU on my PC and it worked just fine yesterday. However, today I did*some cable management in my machine. When I started my system, it got caught into a loop that won’t let me log into Windows. These are 2 of the images that I see while going through this...
  10. Black screen after booting (not GPU related?)

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after booting (not GPU related?): Hello everyone. After a ton of research, I've decided to make an account here in hopes that maybe I can get a solution to an issue that I've been having. I have spent quite a bit of time trying to troubleshoot a desktop given to me by someone that I work with, and after...